I did it again …

I forgot I have a blog. I’m serious.

I think this happens when I leave home. I usually have grand ideas about posting on the road and then I get caught up in whatever I am doing and before you know it, I’m home digging myself out of the piles of everything and someone comes along and reminds me I haven’t posted in awhile. This time it was my sister Darci — called me last night and asked "What’s going on … you haven’t posted, so I don’t know what’s happening in your life!"

so sorry.

CKU was crazy. Had the flu. Had so much fun. Had amazing conversations with amazing women. ate BYU brownies — most delicious brownies evah. Came home. slept. Had a Monday. Taught at Apropos on Tuesday. Did OK on Wednesday. Feel behind today. Been visiting my new house. Floors are in. Handpainted tiles in my laundry room are in. Kitchen island should be done today. Packed some stuff. Way too much stuff to pack. Have to get rid of some serious stuff. Working on my BPS class. Working on other BPS classes. Wondering how on earth I’m going to get it all done and yet feeling totally happy about it all!

Here’s some pics.
Cku_gifts

don’t even know this cute girl’s name, but look what she gave me after one of my cku classes!
how sweet is that!

Img_9614

some of the gals at Apropos!

Move_upstairs
upstairs looking empty.

Move_downstairs

downstairs looking full. basement – that’s a big no show!

Daisy

daisies from a dear friend. thanks friend.

Pb_shelf
new potter barn ABC drawers for my new studio. cool eh?

Taft_paint

waking up to Taft’s paintings — always makes me happy!

life is good.

Comments

1. yowzers…whatcha gonna put in all those drawers….heaven! Can’t wait to see your new studio. SOUnd super buzy, can’t wait for class to start. I’m super stoked :)

2. Allison Barnes says:

I was feeling like Darci….the only way I know what is up in your life is to read your blog : ) I guess I could pick up the phone…just teasing
    sounds like you need to fly me up for the weekend to help you pack!
    Sure love ya!
    Allison

3. Hey, there’s me, way in the back! Remember me, Sheila Doherty? Hee-hee. I was the one with the adorable baby (no one ever remembers me, just my cute kids). Really enjoyed listening to you chat with us. You always inspire me… thanks! Hope to run into you if they ever build that Target. :)

4. LOVE LOVE LOVE those Pottery Barn drawers!! Anxiously waiting to see the updates on BPS. :-) I can’t image all you do PLUS building a new home. WOWZERS!!

5. You had the FLU at CKU? No way! I took both of your classes Friday & Saturday and could in no way tell you were sick & under the weather. That is why you’re amazing. That you so much for teaching. “The Big Picture” has been such an inspiration to me, but hearing you talk about it opened my eyes to so many new possibilities & changes I want to make. That is why my sister-in-law & I were awestruck when we walked by you Thursday night & HAD to stop & actually see the real thing!
    I now want to do a scrapbook page about the inside of my fridge. :)
    Thanks Stacy. You rock.

6. You are one busy gal! Don’t know how you do it but am extremely appreciative for all you do to inspire us scrapbooking enthusiasts.
    And you are going to love the PB Apothecary Cabinet. Just got mine a couple of months ago and can’t imagine what I did without it!!

7. Love the Pottery Barn drawers! Very cool! Thanks again for the great class at Apropos. I’m going to work on my 6×6 and try to get it done by our deadline. Would you be willing to email the photo of our class? Thanks bunches!

8. Rebecca F says:

Ok, I know “Thou shalt not covet…” and all, but whoa, am I ever having a hard time not coveting those drawers!

9. Rebecca F says:

Ok, I find a smaller version of the drawers…anyone find the large version? Which search terms should I use?

10. Wish I could have been at CKU! I miss you!!! Loving those Potter Barn drawers – may need some!
    Counting minutes (and some crazy days like today – seconds!) till your BPS class – CAN’T WAIT! It’s going to be SO BIG!!!
    Hugs~
    Christyne

11. Can’t wait to start your class! (I too am sometimes counting the days!)
    Sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you’re feeling better. How’s the running going? I’m doing my 1st 5k on Memorial Day!!! I even talked a friend into doing it with me. I’m so excited! Thanks for the inspiration.

12. Hi Stacy! Hope you’re feeling better now…love drooling over all those fun colors! (And my house is looking much like yours right now — packed up in boxes!!) Hugs!

13. I am beyond jealous of your PB drawer units. How cool are they?
    I have been told that the best way to move is to walk out the front door of the old house, light a book of matches & toss them over your shoulder. The packing thing is soooo stressful, and on top of the flu I’m not sure I could be as positive as you are. Bless you!
    Feel better, and thanks for remembering us in blog-land. I missed you!

14. phew, i thought i was busy!
    but love that you’re feelin’ totally happy about it…so inspired by that! can’t wait to see what’s in store for BPS!

15. hey stacy!! congrats on your house… it will no doubt be fabulous… judging from those shelves, your studio will be devine!! thanks again for the awesome class, like a previous poster said, i had no clue you were sick!! take good care of yourself!!
    God bless,
    janna

16. Good luck on your move Stacy ! And WOW – love the storage system ! I looked online at PB an couldn’t find such a BIG unit – can you share the link or exact name of the item ? I just purchased a bigger house and have my own studio for the first time :) This would be an amazing addition – Thanks So Much. . .

17. Glad to see you’re back… was beginning to get a little shaky with nothing new to read.
    I feel for you on the packing and moving thing. Packing my studio is one of the things that keeps me where I am!

18. Stacy!
    Only you would have the flu and have such a wonderful, positive attitude the whole time–while feeling under the weather! I hope you are feeling better!
    I would also love to see a link to Pottery Barn’s furniture you purchased! That is a dream for someone like me! LOL!
    I am going to run my first 5k in August! Not quite by June–but, I had strep throat (and other kids illnesses) that have kept me from running/training!
    Have a great Memorial Day!

19. Linda Beeson says:

Oh, I’ve been to that store in Spokane cause when we travel I look for every store I can find!!! It is fun to see a picture of it here!

20. Scraplolly says:

Hi!
    Hope you are feeling better soon! I just wanted to say a personal thank you for your BPS book. I’ve been reading it off and on all day–and a novel thought is occurring to me. I have many many incomplete 12×12 albums…you know, a double page spread about each month in our lives from 2003 that I only kept up for 4 months….a vacation album that stalled with two sections missing…(I only know they’re missing because of the table of contents page).
    I’ve decided to let myself off the hook for them! What’s done is done. I want to move on–I’d stopped creating “special” albums (though I set up “my” family fun library years ago after reading about yours in Simple Scrapbooks–the book– which I still love!) because I was thinking “why bother, I never finish.”
    Well, guess what? That’s not true. I’ve decided–they’re finished!
    Perhaps I’ll tackle something else–but smaller next!
    Thanks Stacey. For everything.

21. I hope you’re feeling better now that you’re back in your own bed!
    On a ‘personal’ note, do you have an RSS or XML feed for your blog? I’m on LiveJournal, and I can add you to my Friends page by using one of those.
    I looked it up in TypePad support, and it looks like you just have to change a few settings in order to provide an RSS or XML link on your site. If you search on “How Do I Syndicate My Weblog?” in the support area, there are really simple instructions.
    Anyway, I hope you will consider this. I love your site and your whole BPS philosophy!
    -Wendy

22. Hi Stacy – I just wanted to let you know that because of your motivation I completed my first 5k EVER yesterday (in under 30 minutes too!)
    Thanks for the challenge. My friends & are are looking for another 5k to do this summer & prepping for a 10k in October. See what you started? *grin*

23. I understand the feeling of moving. We just moved May 6th across town. And of course the day we were moving the furniture, it rained. And I mean an Oklahoma heavy rain. We (my son and I)are still asking Heather where things are–she’s a little tired of that I think. Cannot wait to see you at CKC-Tulsa. Both my wife and I are in your all-day class!

24. Stacy!
    Did you forget about the blog again??? ;) It’s been five whole days.
    I just came here to say THANKS for the happy mail. I really needed it today…won’t go into details. The goodies were perfect. I put on that cool wristband right away and took it off really fast after I finished reading your note. :) Can’t wait for class. Now to decorate!
    Kathy

25. juliann says:

got my LOM mail today and it just makes me more excited to start
    what time will you be at Lasting Memories this weekend? I live right down the freeway!
    thanks for getting my week off to a great beginning
    juliann

26. I got my LOM happy mail today! Too cool!! Love, love, love the post-it notes. I can’t wait for the class to start.