Something just happened that will forever put Tulsa on my memory map — and it has nothing to do with the record-breaking heat. More info very soon.
I’m here and I’m having a wonderful time. So fun to see all the CK staff and especially my long-time friend Kris Parkin. Kris travels and teaches lots for Simple and I just adore her. She was my Creative Memories consultant years ago (lots of years) anyway … got in my groove, mostly because I had such a great group of scrappers today.
They worked hard from 9:00 all the way through (with maybe 30 minutes for lunch) until 5:00 and just did so good — we used the ScrapWorks BayBox 6×8 album to do "photo-album scrapbooking" with lots and lots of everyday family/friends pictures, and I think most of them "got it!" I was asked to post the class guidelines so they read and remember the liberation!!!
[They had to repeat after me]
In this class, I will say good-bye to perfectionistic tendancies …
1. I will not use the ruler on my paper trimmer
2. I refuse to measure my ribbon
3. Instead of re-doing or starting over, I will cover up and fix up
4. I will embrace my own handwriting
Because I am focusing on people I love and their unique personalities …
1. If I can trim a photo, I will
2. I will not feel the need to use photos in date order
3. I will not worry about labeling photos with specific names, dates and event details
4. I will work to create a visual snapshot of each person I’m showcasing
Most importantly ….
I will relax, reminisce, laugh out loud and have fun scrapbooking
And after it was all over, I got back up to my room to find this …
Love hotels that make you feel special. Not sure why I rate, but I’m certainly not complaining. The convention is at the Renaissance Hotel and it’s really, really nice. Held my own little celebration with some very tasty spinach dip and pita bread. And did I mention my hotel room looks out over Target? Um, yeah — basically super cool. I’ve already been this morning, but I’m going back now to wander and buy something else to share with you.