Addie Update

wow. what a day — it’s 12:30 a.m. and it’s finally quiet at my house. This morning at around 9:00 a.m. I got "the call" that our daughter will be on a flight landing at SeaTac airport this Friday morning, October 20th — hereafter know as "gotcha day." Wow, since the call, this day has been a whirlwind of phone calls, emails, meetings, work, cub scouts and banana boats,  homework, tacos and finally Target!
Babytarget

This is Kerry and Lindsay, two darling friends that waited for my day to wind down to meet me in the baby aisle at Target. Kerry came over early in the day to help me make a list — you’d think after a two-year wait I’d be better prepared, but I’m not. No onsies, no socks, no little sleepers, no blankets — just a few outfits (9Mo and up) and a couple of pair of tights. I do have the nursery painted (two weekends ago) and the crib and bedding (ordered Katie Patchwork from Pottery Barn — at my sister’s suggestion.)

I wish I could somehow describe the feelings I’ve had all day. It’s a mixture of disbelief, panic and anticipation. I have two days of "life as I know it" and then — well, then we’ll take it one day at a time.
I’m very behind at work — so if I owe you an email, please forgive me. Let’s just say I am thankful for a great team and lots of support from Amy O (thanks!) I’ll of course post pictures as soon as I can — I’m not allowed to post the one picture I have (the newborn pic that came with our referral) as the adoption has not been finalized, but trust me, as soon as I can, I will!

So … there you have it, what began almost two years ago (November 21st) will end this Friday in a scene I have played out a thousand times in my mind. I know I’m not prepared, but I know since this morning, I have palpable sensation in my heart — a feeling that I have never experienced — a yearning of sorts. A feeling that completion long-pending is just around the corner.
July_2006_007

Cousins Brooklyn and Lucy have waited long enough — little Addie will be joining them in their dress-alike excursions and other adventures. Seriously though — how cool is it, that when we decided to adopt, I told my sisters "Hurry up and get pregnant and have girls so they can all be in the same grade and do everything together" and here they are … just turning one (September 21st and October 14th.) Addie, born on July 1st just makes the grade — come fall 2011, three little girls will head off to Kindergarten at the same time — totally amazing how some things just work out.

whatever have I got myself into?
wow.

Comments

1. I am so happy for you. I cannot wait to see pics. My husband and I do not have kids yet. I hope to adopt one day. I cannot wait to.
    I am just soooooo excited for you……yaye!!!

2. June 3, 2001, is our Gotcha Day with our son, from Guatemala! Enjoy it try to savor every minute, it will be a big blur! Congrats!

3. Congrats for the entire Julian household. What a blessing!

4. Stacy,
    Congratulations! Everything will come together once you hold her in your arms. Life will certainly be different with a girl in the house. :O)
    What a blessing you are getting! Can’t wait to see her photos. How will you ever make it through the week with all the anticipation?!
    KimA

5. KatieButler says:

Congratulations! God Bless your family and your new little one.

6. Ooooh Stacy…..this is how it’s supposed to be!!!! So happy for you……thank you for sharing your joy!!! Have a fabulous, wonderful, magical Friday!!! Hugs, Narelle

7. I totally got teary-eyed reading that post. Im so happy for you and your family. Good luck and great wishes!!!

8. How amazing! What a wonderful week :)

9. so excited for you all – huge congratulations and tears all round!!

10. Congrats Stacy!! Enjoy & savor every precious moment.
    Fatima from RI

11. i’m so excited for you!cannot wait to see the pictures…and hope you can stand the wait!

12. ElizabethW says:

So, so happy for you! I can’t wait to see photos!

13. Ceci Ortiz de Hurtado says:

Thank you for sharing with us, your bloggers and students (almost friends) this important moment in your life. I am so happy for you!
    Just enjoy it with the rest of your family!
    Congrats!
    Ceci O. Hurtado

14. Amy Tanabe says:

I am so excited for you! What an amazing blessing for your family and for little Addie too! :)

15. Oh Stacy,
    That is WONDERFUL news! Congratulations to you and all the guys in the Julian household.

16. Congratulations! I’m sure the next two days will be both the longest and the fastest of your life – a feat only possible when you are waiting for something so wonderful.

17. Oh Stacy, how amazing for you. You are in for quite an amazing ride.
    Jen

18. Oh Stacy!! How wonderfully exciting for you and your family. I wish Addie a safe journey, and your family many more blessings in the future.

19. Yay, Yay, Yay!!! I am so happy for you!!!! :o) Have a wonderful week!

20. Wishing you moments this week that never fade from memory! What an exciting blessing…can’t wait to see her pictures.

21. Debbie Swoboda says:

Congratulations, Stacy. Will be thinking of you and your family on Friday. Blessings.

22. I am so happy for you!! Have a great day!

23. So happy for you. Blessings to your family and the new little one!!!

24. What great news to start the day! I’m thrilled for your family and, selfishly on my part, I CAN’T wait to see the girlie pages that you come up with! Thinkin’ about you all on Friday!

25. That is most wonderful news, Stacy. Congratulations. And just as with a biological child, she will arrive whether you’re ready or not. LOL

26. That’s so beautiful! Very happy for you! Will be thinking of you on Friday. Can’t wait for pictures!

27. Hilary Shirley says:

oh, how WONDERFUL!!! I’ve just goosebumps and smiles reading your post. What a BLESSING. I’m thrilled for you and your family. Lucky little Addie and lucky YOU.

28. Congratulations! So happy for you! I know exactly what you are feeling–indescribably sweet anticipation mixed with fear of the unknown. The moment you set eyes on that little girl, the fear will fade, leaving only the sweetness of the moment of meeting your new little girl. Wishing you all the best.

29. Not much longer! Congratulations to you and your family!

30. what a wonderful, happy and oh so sweet post. Congrats!

31. Nicki Lundeen says:

Congratulations to you. I too have an adopted girl – now 22. I got her at birth – 12 hours old. I remember oh so well the anticipation I had – but I didn’t have two years worth!!!!! Once she is in your arms, you won’t remember life without her! I wish you much joy and love. Again, Congratulations!

32. Many, many, many happy thoughts for you today! How wonderful for your little girl to finally be coming home! Congratulations on your adoption! Tracy

33. blessings blessings blessings on you and your family. How very lucky Addie is to have you all.
    I will hold all of you close in my heart all this week, the anticipation/excitement/uncertainty must be incredible.
    Uncertainty not about the path, more about the actual event. When I have something that I SO look forward to and plan and dream for, the actual happening is odd, like I’ve done it before (but not really). I think it’s because we try to visualize everything, every detail ahead of time. But as we all have heard so many times – we make plans and God laughs.
    I would urge you to ask a non-family member to come to the airport with a fully-charged video camera. You are not going to remember the details you really want to, and Addies will cherish seeing her ‘birth’ when she’s older. (she is truly being born into your family tomorrow).
    God has you all in both his hands.

34. Stacy!! I am so excited for you and I can’t help but cry for joy for you!!! Can’t wait to see pictures!!
    Blessing and peaceful sleep tonight for tomorrow you pick up YOUR BABY GIRL!!!!!

35. I have goosebumps and tears thinking about you and your family this week. What a true blessing from God. May you all have a glorious week and share in the excitement of a new baby girl. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

36. Congratulations! Oct. 20 is my birthday, so I think it is a perfect day! :)

37. Congratulations you to and your family. This child will be coming home to a loving family. She, and you, are blessed.

38. So happy for you. Addie is one lucky, lucky little one.

39. Stacy, congratulations!! I can feel your excitement. Addie is a very, very lucky young lady to be joining your beautiful family. Enjoy every moment. As you know, they grow way too fast! ((((hugs))))

40. Stacy: Congratulations and Go’d Blessings on all of the Juilan’s – especialiiy the newest member. I ma sending you joy across the the miles. God is Good! All the time!

41. mom78968400 says:

Congrats! Enjoy. Love, kiss, hold and cherish. Many prayers and smiles will be with you on Friday. God Bless.

42. Congratulations! How exciting!

43. Oh,my – your waiting is nearly over!! What amazing things are ahead for all of you! Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. I look forward to ‘watching’ Addie grow and the many wonderful adventures awaiting all of you. ((( HUGS )))

44. Sara Mangan says:

Congratulations,Stacy. Enjoy every minute it will go too fast. Addie is lucky to be joining such a nice family.

45. Hooray!!! The very best wishes to you on your happy day! (p.s. LOVE that Pottery Barn line :)

46. such fanatstic news :) hope it all goes smoothly :)

47. Congratulations Stacy! I’m so excited for you and your family. Look forward to seeing pics of your baby girl!
    Crystal

48. Oh Stacy I am SO SO excited for you. It is going to be wonderful having Addie and her cousins in the same grade, not to mention dressind alike! Simply adorable. Congratulations!

49. Ohh Stacy! I’m just all a bucket of happy for you! Don’t worry so much about being prepared! We Americans always think we need so much stuff! And we want everything perfect. But all that really matters is how much you love that baby girl! And it seems to me that you’ve loved her for 2 years – before you ever knew she was born or had her picture! I heard this story one time that one little girl told her friend that she was adopted and her little friend asked her what “adopted” means and the little girl said “it means that my mommy carried me in her heart because she couldn’t carry me in her tummy”! I just LOVE that!
    I CANNOT WAIT to see pictures!!! I hope we get to see lots of Addie layouts in the future SS mags! But, I’m sure work can just “get behind” for a while as you get to know that sweet little girl!
    Thanks for sharing your happy, happy news with us!

50. Congratulations Stacy! What a wonderful feeling it will be to know that your family is complete on Friday! I’ll be thinking of you all!

51. oh… my… gosh!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Lots and LOTS of blessings and good thoughts for you and yours… and what a LUCKY little girl to join your FANTASTIC family! I’m all goosebumps excited for you! YAY!

52. I’m so so happy for you! Tears running down my cheeks happy! I can’t believe it’s been TWO years! I remember the morning you decided and the cute little korean girl that you got from a magazine that hung on your board for forever!
    So happy for you! So happy for Addie… what a cool family she gets to be a part of!
    Love you!!

53. Stacy,
    You amaze me! I am new to reading your blog but plan on adding to my favorites.
    It would seem funny to tell you not to stress…. that is not natural for us… Friday will be a wonderful day for you. My sister in law adopted two children from Russia 3 years ago, my husband is adopted, and a sister of mine placed a baby for adoption over 18 years ago. I have a special place in my heart for adoption. Check
    out the new paper line by Stemma that was released at MT. They have pp that says “chosen” on it. You must have it!
    If we are able to connect up next summer for my event I would love to share stories. Just know we will all be with you in our hearts Friday and waiting for pics!
    Kim Rose
    Idaho Falls, ID

54. So Happy for you…enjoy every moment and can’t wait to see a photo of your new beautiful daughter…
    peace
    Kim

55. CONGRATULATIONS!! Addie is one lucky girl & the Julian’s are one lucky family. I remember March 10th, 2006 when we got the call we had a court date in Russia for our 8 year old daughter. Believe me – you can’t be prepared — and it doesn’t matter. Once you’ve got her in a hug — she’s all yours and everything else works out OK.

56. A warm congrats to your family so much wonderful-ness to come, such great news. Tena

57. Congratulation! Living out Gotcha day will be even sweeter than you could ever imagine. Just wait until you hold and kiss her for the first time. She will be such a blessing to you family. Watching your kids meet their new sister will be priceless too. We brought home our little blessing almost 7 months ago and she is just the joy of our whole family. Yes,have someone else take lots of pictures so that you can just enjoy her!

58. I have goosebumps on my goosebumps….seriously! So, so exciting!

59. Big, BIG congrats!!!! So happy for you! WOW! SO cool!

60. I have goosebumps.
    Such a thrill to hear this news.
    Congratulations!
    Sarah

61. wow – this is so exciting. congratulations again to you and your family… i bet it will be rediculously difficult to sleep for the next two nights. :)

62. Reading this gives me goosebumps! I’m so happy for you and your family! Congratulations to all of you!
    Jamie

63. Congrats!! So excited for you to have your little girl. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

64. I’m so envious! Waiting at the airport for your baby to come off the airplane is the most exciting and amazing moment. Congratulations. I can’t wait to see pictures…

65. Stacy, I’m so happy for you, I’m crying as I read your blog. Can’t wait to see pictures of Addie!

66. That is so awesome!! Congrats!! Best wishes!! :)

67. Stacy, I’m thrilled beyond words for you and cannot wait to see the pictures and hear the story. Congratulations!!!!!

68. Stephanie Menzock says:

Stacy: I am so happy for you and your family. Can’t wait to see pictures and pages of her.

69. Stacy you are amazing…
    Congrats!! Best wishes!!
    =)
    mariola
    Puerto rico

70. Congratulations! So happy for you and the whole family! Thanks for sharing!

71. Kristen Joshi says:

So, so, so, SOOO excited for you! Your post brings happy tears to my eyes! What a lucky little girl to be entering into your family! Congratulations!!!!!

72. Congratulations! I bet you are in a total state of shock. Thank you for sharing your story with so many and inspiring all of us. What a blessed little girl that is going to become part of your family.

73. Oh, Stacy!
    I am so thrilled for you and your family that your sweet baby is almost here! I was so lucky to share a little bit of your joy in Tulsa. We’ve been praying extra hard that she would get here soon. I was so excited to read your blog tonight and moved even more by the little shout-out — thank YOU! I am so lucky to work with you and will always help! :)
    Love, Amy O

74. Stacy, My thoughts are with you…this is such a special time for your entire family. Enjoy every second. This brings back such wonderful memories for me.

75. Congratulations!
    I hope your Gotcha Day is filled with laughter and love! It is a moment unlike any you will ever experience – trust me, I know!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen F.

76. This is so exciting! I used to be a social worker who worked placing babies for adoption, and it is such an exciting time!!!!! Enjoy, enjoy!! Little Addie is lucky, you are lucky, your boys are lucky, your husband is lucky…life is good! And all your fears will melt the minute that little one is in your arms. This was meant to be!

77. Lynne Hardy says:

Congratulations on your new little one. I’m sure you are counting down the hours and minutes now. Can’t wait to see pictures of Addie with her mommy, daddy, and big brothers. Thank you for sharing your news.
    Lynne PS Give her a big hug and kiss for me!

78. Hoping you and your family all the best as you welcome little Addie to the family! How cute that all 3 girls are close together in age and will get to run around together. We have 3 girls (2 mine, one neice) in a 2 year span and they are so close.
    Sending you many blessings. Can’t wait to see pictures.

79. Congratulations!!!!! Soooo excited for your family! Savor that first look at your new daughters face, I still remember it so clearly.

80. I am so excited for you, Stacy! Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about Miss Addie and her gotcha day! Aidan’s gotcha day from Haiti is October 22 and he’ll be four years old on Halloween.

81. Congratulations! Enjoy every sweet moment just about to unfold. Our “Gotcha Day” was just six weeks ago, and I agree with Adianne’s post… it is such a blur. Hand off your cameras and camcorder to those who can be thinking for you. ENJOY your precious Addie!
    HOORAY!!!!! God bless all of you in this new adventure!

82. I am so excited for your family. Your joy just jumps out of the computer and I can feel it in my heart too…I wish with all my heart that tomorrow goes smoothly for your new family and there is nothing like flight delays to interfere with your family’s first time together. ((hugs))and congratulations!

83. Mary Frances says:

Words can not express how excited I am for you and your family – your new expanded family! What a wonderful joy, blessing and gift she will be in your lives. I wish you sleepful nights and wonderful cuddle time on the couch – all together as a family. We can’t wait to see her and the NEW family picture! Congratulations!! We are so happy for you and your family!!

84. Congrats to you and your family!

85. congrats!!! enjoy your “gotcha day”!!! :)

86. congratulations, stacy! what a miracle for you and your family to have a little girl. good luck!!
    talia:)

87. Aimee Grenke says:

Wow ! I’m so happy for you & your family. I have chills & I don’t even know you :) I too, would love to adopt a little girl someday. Can’t wait to see the pictures. Aimee

88. Congrats! What a beautiful name you picked!

89. WOW Stacy!!! I’m so Happy for you and boy is this BIG!!! :)