My computer came home too — everything is totally gone! Wiped out. All Apple geniuses baffled. Lesson learned and it’s all OK. The saddest losses for me — my Creative Escapes presentation (gone) and about 1,000 pictures (gone) Needless to say, I will be paying more attention to "backing" things up. I don’t really think all those pictures are completely gone, as I have done some backing up of those. They were just the ones on my laptop, so many of them are duplicates of those on my desktop — either way, as we become more and more comfortable with digital tools and storage, we have got to remember how quickly it can all go bye-bye.
Trying to put up Halloween and prepare a nursery all in the same day and I keep finding other "corners" that need my attention — do you ever get Saturday anxiety, where you feel the day slipping away, knowing that you aren’t going to accomplish the to-do list, or even half of it?! This happens to me, when I’ve been traveling and have missed a Saturday or two. Mom’s need Saturdays that’s all there is to it. It’s beautiful fall weather here though and am I’m going to Home Depot on my scooter in just a few. I’m rather certain that will alleviate some of the anxiousness.
I thought Memory Trends was GREAT. I didn’t go to CHA Summer this year, so I found even more than most to be tickled about. Have to say, that as long as I’ve been doing these trade shows, I still love them!!!
Don’t have tons of time just now, but have to share some of my Best of Show list:
1. QuicKutz — the new compact, super-light 4" roller press die cut machine (getting the idea that maybe I should have asked exactly what this thing is called — but even nameless it’s cool.) I haven’t been much of an alphabet die-cutter — to much effort to pull out my tool, find and return the dies to their little slot or sleeve in the notebook, etc… But now, the machine is cute and compact enough to leave out, accomodates bigger dies and most important for me — there is this new, darling white cubby-shelf thing that holds little alphabet die storage tins. You’ll have to see it and trust me as soon as I make the purchase, you will! It will hang next to my other ABC drawers (the apothecary cabinet from Pottery Barn)
2. Maya Road — I think they are "owning" the chipboard thing. New mini-books and a thinner version that allows layering without too much bulk. Adorable little chipboard box with a window that holds a 3" book — it’s perfect for projects like the one I taught in my Colorful You class at BPS. Also love their ribbon and new ribbon charms.
3. Bazzill Bling — same awesome cardstock, beautiful new shimmer — you’re going to love it. Bazzill has also introduced the "Chemistry of Color" setting themselves up to be the Pantone or at least a very cool extension of Pantone in the Scrapbooking industry. This color kit, that will include annual forcasting information is intended for designers that would like to align their products with Bazzill cardstock — this makes me very happy, as I think it will open up wonderful opportunities to broaden the education of color industry wide.
4. My Book (with an "eye" for the "y") — Great new adaptable and totally scrapable planner. There’s a small (4×6) and a medium-sized one (about 6×8) Made by a company in New York that specializes in city diaries with maps and all kinds of great info, these little customizable date books are full of great reference info. It’s not the magnitude of a Franklin or Memory Dock by any means, but I for one need something upstairs by the phone and this is it! I just really like the whole concept and the design and the darling girls behind it all.
5. American Crafts — they are just rock solid in the design department. Memory Trends was all about new and improved pens — which I love, whether for handwriting or doodling or whatever. Plus, all the stuff from the summer show that I missed — felt flowers, more ribbon, more rub-ons, more brads — wow. And then of course there’s great paper lines with names like Play — each design named for a game or activity we all played as kids (from tic tac toe, to i spy and square ball) I just seriously love this company.
I could go on and on, and hopefully will find time to post pictures and other things I saw very soon. I think the biggest thing of all, was our own (Enthusiast Media) announcement of Clique TV — and I have much more to tell you about that!!!
it’s coming in about two weeks and I think you are going to really like it!