hello.

you are all so amazing.
technology that allows us a community of support (like this) is amazing.
I was so buoyed up by you taking the time to comment and share — wow.
thank you.

should have been working on deadlines and packing for ScrapETC (so excited btw)
instead, made this — b/c of you.
Chasepg

I showed and read this page to Chase and I got the biggest hug. I even showed him the blog post and the movie, he said "cool mom" and "isn’t that Albert Einstein?"
"yes, Chase the same Albert Einstein that didn’t do so hot in school!"
"really?"
"really."

you know I love compendium, right?
well — I especially love these window cards. so fun on a scrapbook page.
Chasedtl

Heidi has used them in her BPS class too — just inspiring and interactive and FUN.

good day.
talked with Lisa B about our upcoming project (very cool)
finished the forward and a page for Rebecca Cooper’s new BOOK!
talked with Beth Hess at Memory Trends magazine about partnering on exciting things
reviewed details about the new Big Picture segments I’m filming on PBS in april
worked on lesson 9 updates for LOM
met Brian, from the spokesman review (spokane’s newspaper) photographer who came to my house and took pictures for an upcoming article
husband came home with Taco Bell — nice,  nice man.

ok, now I gotta finish packing — see you in Alabama.
I won’t be staying through the event. my grandma addie  passed away on Monday (pretty emotional still) and so I’ve had to change my plans a bit. Monique has been so understanding and so flexible with her schedule — I simply can’t believe it.

Comments

1. Joanne Greene says:

Sorry to hear of your dear grandmother’s passing, but happy that she was able to meet and spend some time with your little Addie. I’ve enjoyed reading about BOTH Addies!
    Thank you for sharing all you do for us. When I see you typing in different cheerful bright colors, I feel your cheerful bright personality coming through!

2. I’m so sorry for your loss. From what I’ve read on your blog, BPS book, and LOM class I know you loved her dearly and she sounded like a wonderful woman. You have many prayers going out for your family during this trying time. How very wonderful that she was able to meet your dear daughter before her passing. The memories of the two of them together are sure to be treasured by your entire family.

3. Stacy, so very sorry to hear of your Grandma Addie passing. i love the picture of her in your little 10 reasons why i love you album. her smile is so sweet and infectious. wished i could have met her, but so happy for you that your little Addie had the opportunity to met your bigger Addie. thanks for sharing those special moments with us. you and your family will be in my thouhts and prayers. do take care

4. Stacy girl….so sorry about Grandma Addie…..I know you have great memories of her and the times you’ve spent together…..take it slow and carry those precious moments with you. Sounds like you have your plate full of such cool opportunities!!!! Love the layout of your son…very very special! You are a blessed woman in so many ways! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers…..God Bless
    Joni

5. Stacy, I’m passing my condolences along as well. I lost my grandmother Georgia two years ago. She was 97–had a blood clot in her thigh and underwent the surgery to remove/repair it–and came through the surgery quite well, but during the night, she left us, quietly, peacefully, beautifully. Like me, you have your wonderful memories, and those will give her immortality in your family.
    I can’t express the gratitude that I feel toward you and your post about Chase–as well as Ali Edwards’ posts about her own son Simon. I am struggling to understand my own son, just recently diagnosed with ADD–and the challenges he faces socially, emotionally, academically. He is the kindest of children at times; and a real devil at others. . . He is searching for his place and his identity (it’s hard to be the younger brother when the older one seems to succeed at EVERYTHING without trying and without challenges). Thank you for sharing–and reminding me of what’s so important.

6. So sorry to hear about your grandmother Addie – your mini album for her in your book has inspired me to do these for my remaining three grandparents. I lost my granddad last November and I know he would have loved something like this…so I’m doing it for the others whilst I have the chance.

7. I am so very sorry to hear about your Grandma Addie. I was in your class last year @ CKU Provo where you shared your mini-book and thoughts of her. I know how much she meant to you. That book inspired me to make one of my Grandma when she passed last July.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

8. I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother’s passing. Maybe a little album of your favorite memories of her will make you smile?
    Enjoy Alabama.
    Sue

9. what a amazing layout-he soak up that feeling of being so important-so special. no matter who we are-each of us are born with our own gifts to share with the world-our own little bit of genius-you nailed it on the head-high 5 girl!!!

10. ElizabethW says:

Stacy, I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I was just flipping through your Big Picture book over the weekend (it’s dog-eared now!) and noticed your little album dedicated to her – she seemed so lovely. Safe travels.

11. So sorry to hear about your grandma…my thoughts are with you. And thank you SO MUCH for sharing such an amazing layout and your thoughts about your son. He truly is a very amazing young man. And you are an AMAZING mother. You are both very lucky to have each other!

12. So sorry to hear about you Gma Addie. Just keep the memories that you have of her close to your heart. You give me such inspiration, thanks for sharing!!!!

13. I’m sorry to hear about your Grandma, what a blessing that she and your little Addie were able to see each other first. One day at a time.

14. Stacy, so, so sorry to hear about your dear grandma. I’m so happy that she was able to meet baby Addie. God bless you and your family.

15. sorry to learn of the passing of your grandma addie…my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family…have a safe trip.

16. so sorry to hear about your grandma. but i am looking forward to seeing you in birmingham!

17. So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You and your family are in my prayers.

18. Sorry to hear about your Grandma Addie. I’ll keep her in my prayers.

19. Susan in NY says:

Stacy, So sorry for the loss of your Grandma. I had to go back and find the Nov. 10 post of when the two Addie’s met for the first time so I could see the photo again. I remember how moving it was the first time I saw it, but looking at it again, the love and pride in that lady’s face is just beautiful! My grandma died just forty days after my daughter was born and being out of state, never got to meet her. I am so happy that you were all blessed with the opportunity to have the Addies meet. So precious, these little wonders, aren’t they? You, the Addies and the rest of your family are in my prayers. xo

20. Gloria B says:

So sorry to hear of your grandmother’s passing. Thank you for sharing her with us at CKU Houston when you showed us slides of your mini-album dedicated to her. I became very emotional during that class, as I remembered my own grandmother’s passing just a few years ago. God bless you and your family during this time.

21. Stacy,
    So sorry about Grandma Addie. I started to cry when I read this. It seems like she is our grandma to the way you share your heartfelt stories of her. She will be missed. I am thankful everyday that we can be together forever…but lonliness on this plane still hurts.
    Love Michele

22. Stacy – Please accept my sympathies regarding your grandma. You and your family will be in my prayers. See you soon.
    Jess

23. Monica T says:

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Grandma Addie. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

24. Stacy-So sorry for you! It’s always so hard to lose a loved one. How wonderful for her though! Isn’t the restored Gospel a wonderful blessing?

25. Stacy,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma Addie, with all you’ve shared I feel like we know her. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

26. Julie Ratcliffe says:

I’m so sorry about your Grandma passing. But what a blessing that she got to know her little namesake and that you have wonderful memories of them together. Thank you Stacy for sharing the story of your life and family with us. Very special.
    Love and God Bless
    Julie

27. Katrina Grabowski says:

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandmother. You should have some peace knowing how much she loved you, and I know she knew the love was received in return. There are no words to make this better just remember the wonderful memories you will keep in your heart forever. Our thought and prayers are with you and yours during this sad time.

28. Deb aka "ColoradoCropper" from BPS says:

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I almost feel like I knew your Grandma through your layouts. She seemed like a sweet lady and your family was incredibly lucky to have her.

29. Oh, Stacy!! BIG HUGS to you and your family. From BPS and your book and mag I could tell your grandma meant a lot to you. Just remember, families are FOREVER. Wouldn’t it be so much harder if you believed you’d never see her again? You’ll be in my prayers.
    Brek

30. I’m so sorry to hear about your grandma. I was just re-reading the Big Picture book the other day and enjoying the mini book about her. Lots of hugs and happy thoughts to you, as I know you loved her deeply.

31. Stacy,
    Big {{{hugs}}} and prayers to you on the loss of Grandma Addie. I think we all feel as though we know her though all that you have shared of her throughout the years and in your books. What a blessing that lovely lady was to you and your family! And how very precious it is that little Addie was able to meet her namesake! My prayers are with you all…

32. Julia Muscari says:

It’s so hard to lose those we love, even though we know they’re at peace….I’m thankful that you have lots of happy memories with her…and that you have such a wonderful son–I can tell he’s a love, just by his smile and his eyes!
    See you in Alabama!
    Julia

33. So sorry to hear about you grandmother. It’s nice that she was able to meet her namesake before she passed. Hugs and prayers going out to your family. I love the layout of your son.

34. Stacy,
    I have been so touched by your recent posts; my little brother has ADD and is now about to graduate from high school. Everyone says he is the nicest, most polite, most hard-working teenager they know. He is so special to me, and I know it was hard for my mom but he is a very special part of my family.
    Also, I started to cry when I read that your grandma has passed away–what a noble woman she was, and I’m so glad that your boys got to know her and will remember her, and that Addie & Addie got to meet. That is a special miracle. Love ya, Stacy!!

35. Stacy, my condolences on your grandmother’s passing. How luck you were to have had her for so long, and how precious that she was able to meet her namesake.
    I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

36. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH. I am soooooo sorry about your grandmother, so very sorry.

37. Stacy -
    So sorry to hear about your Grandma Addie. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
    Will be watching for that article in the paper (I’m in Pullman).

38. Stacy,
    I’m so very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious grandmother. My condolences to you and your family. How wonderful that she was able to meet your new daughter. This truly has been a trying week for your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

39. Stacy,
    God has been leading me to pray for you and your famiy the past month or so and now I know why. You definitely have needed His loving arms wrapped around you. God bless you sister,
    Trena
    P.S. I will keep my eyes peeled for the article – I live in Spokane.

40. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma Addie.

41. I am also sorry to hear about your Grandma Addie. It is obvious through your scrapbook pages & classes how much she meant to you. I love that you shared at CKU-Provo last year the book you made for her, and the note she wrote because of it. Very inspiring!

42. Thoughts and prayers coming your way about your grandmother and towards your wonderful family.
    thanks for inspiring us with all you do.
    happy day

43. So, so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. Grandmas truly are special, and I know you especially treasured yours. I’m sure you’re glad that Grandma Addie and Baby Addie got to meet and spend time together. I’ll keep you in my prayers during this difficult time. Hugs to you!

44. So sorry about your grandma…I love this post. It touched my heart for many reasons. From your wonderful son the passing of a loved one.
    peace
    Kim

45. Stacy:
    So sorry about your grandmother. It’s hard to say goodbye to those special people in your life. I also wanted to say how much this post and your former post about your son touched me. Felt like you could be writing about my daughter. I forwarded the Steve Jobs quote to my husband. I think we’ll both try to keep it in our hearts and minds. Hang in there. It is nice to know in this world that you’re not alone.
    -Kim

46. Sorry to hear about your grandma. How emotional!
    Have fun in Alabama if you can!

47. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, but I am so happy for you that she got to meet her namesake. Times like these remind us why our memories are so important to document. Prayers to you and your family.

48. I was so sorry to read that your Grandma died and so glad that she got to see little Addie before she passed on. She seemed a special lady and I feel like I also knew her from the ways she’s been included in your blog and your books. My prayers are with your family at this sad time.

49. Stacy,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Thank goodness you know that she is in a happier place and that someday you will see her again.
    As for Chase Tell him to keep right on being who he is. TO think different, to act different, to BE different. All those people out there who think and act like everyone else get very little done. It is those that think and behave differently who change the world.
    God Bless!!!!

50. Jeanne Ann says:

So sorry for your loss, you and your family are in our hearts and our prayers.

51. Veronica says:

So sorry about your loss Stacy, you are in my prayers.

52. Phyllis Riikonen says:

I’m so sorry about your Grandma. Even though I’m sure she led a full and happy life, it is always hard to let our loved ones go. What a blessing your two Addies got to know each other this side of heaven! {{{Hugs!}}}

53. Heartfelt prayers sent your way during this difficult time. May you and yours have peace knowing all of the wonderful memories you made with your loved one…So glad grandma Addie got to meet her great-granddaughter Addie before she went to heaven.
    Warmly,
    Stacy :-)

54. My prayers are with you. I lost my own dear amazing just what I want to be if I ever grow up Mom-mom right after Christmas. She is my inspiration as I sense your Grandma Addie is for you. I tear up now thinking of her. I also wanted to encourage you in your journey with your son. I was like that in school and I made it through because of parents who refused to let anyone label me. They encouraged, disciplined, yelled at and loved me and regardless of anything else in my life, I always always knew that. I still don’t sit well during long meetings :) but I think the thick skin I had to develop helped me in the social work I do today. Chase will find his way. Love him, but I doubt I need to tell you that :)

55. I’m so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.

56. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. Thank you for sharing your love for your grandmother with us.My prayers are with you.

57. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I named my little girl Ella after my grandmother who passed away almost 20 years ago now. That was one of the most heartbreaking things for me to go through. I loved her so much and today I feel as if she is still with me and I draw on her strengths and even though she is no longer with us, she makes me want to be a better person. A better Christian, wife and mother. And even though I miss her, just having my baby girl gives me comfort. I know she will be a good person just like the Ella before her.

58. so sorry to hear about your grandmother’s passing! I am sure she will continue to watch over you and your wonderful family.
    and thank you for posting that adorable little card from compendium. I just went and bought the entire lunch box set for my boys! can’t wait to sneak them into their lunches!!

59. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a blessing that she was able to meet her great granddaughter and namesake!! You’ll all be in my prayers!

60. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma Addie. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I feel like I know your Grandma after seeing your layouts about her. She seemed like a sweet and loving woman and I am so happy that she got to meet little Addie. Your son is adorable and I can see that he has wonderful parents who give him the support he needs. Stacy, you always brighten my day and make me feel like I can do anything. I take every class you teach at BPS (plus others!) and it has enriched my life so much I can’t even begin to explain it to you. Thank you for all of your effort and hard work. It is very much appreciated. You have so much enthusiasm and I know that you really care about everything you do.

61. Carolyn Hall says:

Absolutely love the layout about your son – it will be great to look back on someday – so sorry about your Grandma – lost mine last year – it was like losing a piece of my history

62. beautiful layout…beautiful sentiments…beautiful family.
    cheers&blessings,
    erin yamabe

63. So sorry to hear about your Grandma.
    I had to comment today because I just used Einstein on a layout about my son with autism. My daughter also has ADD and she sounds a lot like your sweet boy, she is very loving as well.
    If you get a minute you might enjoy my Einstein layout
    Thanks for all the inspiration!
    Katie

64. jenifer Cowles says:

I just wanted to say thank you for your last post about your son. My son has been diagnosed with Williams Syndrome and he sounds a lot like your son. Just the most precious little boy around, but at time can be very frusterating. I every once and awhile have to take a step back and be thankful that I was the lucky chosen one to be given this wonderful little boy. I sometimes for get that there are other people out there who go thru similar things and not that it makes it any easier, but it does help knowing that there are other people out there who understand.
    You are a wonderful person and I have been following your journey thru the years (I am also from Bothell) I know you are very busy and I have never wanted to bother you. Keep up the great Job, everything you touch turns to Gold.

65. Dawn Sela says:

So sad to hear the news and wishing you peace and love.

66. Thinking of you during this time. So glad we got a chance to see her in your blog along with her namesake.
    Chase is really special and you will all be ok.
    If you are ever out in CA come visit my Science Center (www.chabotspace.org), bring Chase, as we have Albert Einstein’s telescope on display – makes you really believe in a universe of possibilities and beyond!
    you are in my thoughts and prayers
    Sharon

67. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I echo others words when I say that I feel I knew your grandmother as you have shared her pictures with us on so many occassions.

68. What a thril you gave your Grandma Addie. Too see the contentment in your life when little Addie joined your family.
    May you always embrace the gifts your grandmother has given you. May her memory always bring a smile to you and warm your heart with her love. Thinking of you and remembering…..

69. Sandra De Marchi says:

prayers and thoughts are with you with the passing of your grandmother. Also was so touched about what you wrote about your son. I also have a son with ADD and he is more than a diagnosis and loved by his family so much. But, unfortunately so misunderstood by others. If not for such creative inspiration from wonderful people like yourself and Ali Edwards the future could look bleak.

70. Stacy, I don’t know if you’ll even remember, but I’ve never forgotten (and if you even get to this comment, I’ll be impressed!)… 2 years ago while I was at CKU, my own grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer and given less than a month to live. She passed away less than two weeks later. But less than an hour after I found out, I found myself in an elevator with red, swollen eyes and you asking if I was ok. I told you about my grandmother and that she was my last grandparent, and how close I was to her. Each time after that, if you saw me, you told me you were praying for me and my Mamaw or you simply asked how I was. I’ve never forgotten that kindness that made you become a “real” person and not just a celebrity. I will be praying for you, as this may be the only way I can repay you in kind for how you helped me.

71. Stacy,
    I am so sorry to hear of your family’s loss but so glad that you were able to show your Grandmother so much love and give her so much joy with little Addie and the books/LOs you have shared with us as well. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    The last post made me think of my boy (nearly 15) with whom, we are in the middle of going through the diagnosis process. Lots of mixed thoughts and lots of reassurance to him that he is still wonderful and unique and loved. So glad that Chase knows that too!

72. Stacy (and all the other mothers who have posted about their children), please consider that changing your child’s diet can also have an amazing effect on their ability to think, connect and focus. Removing food coloring and other artificial ingredients made an almost unbelievable difference in my children’s lives. They can now look back and describe how their “head didn’t feel like me” after eating something with those ingredients. They describe it as their head going from cloudy to fast and back again, with no ability to focus or to want to listen to reason. Please consider giving it a try. What have you got to lose? And so much to gain. There’s lots of info at the site feingold.org (nonprofit group). Click on the pictures of those children and read their stories. They will make you cry, and they will give you hope.

73. Debbie Jones (DeeJay on LOM) says:

Stacy,
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your Grandma Addie. I know how hard it is right now for you as I have lost both of mine. Praying that GOd will be with you in your grief.
    Deb

74. In my practice as a child and school psychologist, I work with children of all different learning styles, struggles, disabilities, abilities, and success stories; I am confident that Chase is poised to go amazing places, just because of your abiliity to focus on his strengths and positive attributes, be honest about the struggles, and–most importantly–focus on the fact that God hand-paired you with Chase and works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called for His purposes. Your story is an inspiration, and your page is such a loving and lasting tribute to your precious son.

75. Tammy Thomas says:

Stacy I just wanted to say what a treasure you are to me, you lift me up no matter the situation. I felt so sad when I read about your grandma, my first thought was your sweet little Addie, and “I’m so glad grandma got to meet her!” Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time, I know that words seem trite and don’t really help, but just knowing someone cares does. Your grandma was an especially lucky woman to have you for a granddaughter. I know she treasured you and much and you did her. Big hugs, and thank you for all you share with us here and through your classes and writing.

76. Rebecca Foxworth says:

I’m so thrilled your grandma Addie got to meet you little Addie.
    So sorry for your loss.
    So glad we are just passing through this life, and that you will surely see her again.

77. Stacy – I just wanted to come back and thank you again. I received my Compendium order in the mail and am SOO looking forward to a little lunchpailnotesneaking tomorrow morning!