crash and burn

that’s what I did yesterday. Ok, I’m still doing it a little bit today too. I am exhausted. I am on the mend though. I tend to not leave myself any time or room for "coming down" after busy, exciting, momentous occasions and last week was several of those back to back. I love my life, but it plays out at a frenetic pace and there are days that I just hit the wall and yesterday was one of those days!! We all have them and I think the sooner you just recognize a crash for what it is, the sooner you can recover and get back at it — today, I’m back at it!!!

But really, life is so good. Saturday was an amazing day, we got to take sweet Addie to the temple and have her sealed to our family. A sealing is the spiritual equivalent of what happened at the courthouse a month or so ago. Addie’s adoption has been recorded and recognized by our state and country and it has now also been recorded in heaven and she is recognized as an eternal member of the Julian family.
Img_4945
these were my favorite pics!! My sweet friend Heidi made her a long white dress and she looked like an angel — the whole adoption thing is truly a miracle. I look at this baby now and just see my daughter and there is a whole new tender side to my boys and it’s such a peaceful, happy feeling.

Img_4897

I’ll get back on top of my blog posts today, and get more "challenge" pictures posted to the album. Have a wonderful Monday!!

Comments

1. Congratualtions Stacy and family! I remember our day at the temple in October so well, it was such a small piece of what Heaven will be like watching my four handsome young men and my beautiful baby girl come into the sealing room. Our Maya (from Taiwan)even got to be sealed to us by her grandpa. Will never ever forget that feeling! Looks like we did things just the opposite, we were sealed first and have our re-adopt this month! I agree with you, adoption is a miracle, I sit and think about all that had to happen to make her a part of our family and I am just in awe.
    Congratulations again, your baby girl is beautiful.
    Janalee

2. Congratulations! Addie really does look like a little angel. What a sweetheart! I’m so happy for your family.

3. Nichole says:

Congratulations! I’d never heard of that ceremony, but what a beautiful thing!

4. kari bates says:

Hugs and congratulations Stacy! What an amazing blessing!

5. Ann Mabee says:

What a wonderful day for all of you! The angels in heaven are singing for joy! I wish I could have been a mouse on the wall in the sealing room—but they don’t have mice in the temples!!! Anyway, congratulations!!
    Ann

6. We all have those days…we just need a day to regroup! Love the picture Addie, she is such a precious little girl!

7. Congratulations!! I’m so glad that you’ve got Addie forever. This has happened for a few families in our ward in the last year and in a way we’d love to be able to give our children that experience–it gives them more of an appreciation for the whole ‘eternal family’ thing.

8. I am so incredibly happy for you and your family! What an exciting and spiritual day. I can’t wait until we are able to be sealed to our baby boy…it really is a miracle!

9. Stacy what beautiful pictures. Congratulations on such a special day.

10. Stacy, I think that day at the temple is so…well, there’s not even a word for it, it means that much. I’m so happy for you that it went well. She is beautiful!!!

11. she is a doll!

12. tammy b says:

congrats on another red letter day for your family. you are all blessed.

13. Congratulations on such a happy day! How blessed you all are to be an eternal family.

14. What a great birthday present! Happy birthday, belated, by the way!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    Lain

15. Congratulations! What a beautiful family! Lots of love! And happy belated birthday! :)

16. KatieButler says:

What a beautiful little girl and special day. God Bless your family.

17. Thank you Stacey for sharing this sealing story! I have been to a few with some very close friends and there is nothing else like it!I sometimes wish we all went through those exact steps with our children who were born into it already. Congratulations and take care of yourself!

18. Lindsay says:

Congratulations. I just had the privilege of watching the sealing of my cousin’s daughter sealed to her and her new hubby. It was quite awesome really. I can imagine there being the same palpable feeling at your sealing to sweet Addie. Such happy times.

19. How wonderful for you and your family. My husband and I have had the privelage of attending the temple after both of our daughter’s adoptions were finalized. It was so beautiful, and moving to have them with us and sealed to us. I am so happy for your family, and for sweet little Addie who will someday be old enough to realize what a wonderful home she has found her way to.

20. Dear Stacy, What a wonderful day this would have been, Heavenly Father would have been so happy for you. My family all got sealed last year, and it is so amazing, as I watched my children come into where we were, and see the wonder on their faces, and them knowing how special it was. Many blessings to you and your beautiful family!

21. Congratulations on an exciting day! I remember seeing my nephew sealed to his mom & dad & what a great day it was! Happy life!
    Addie is BEAUTIFUL.

22. isn’t the temple amazing!!!! Huge huge congrats on this special special day!!!!