Interesting how the meaning of something changes, just by saying it twice!
May flowers are nice, but May is also the month I kick it in gear for summer and it is with this in mind, that I’m letting you all in on my Spring into Action challenge.
I am coming off a very intense winter that involved growing my family (love my baby girl) and growing my business through international travel and more. I have struggled to keep my energy up and I really want to shed a few extra pounds. It really isn’t “may day, may day” as of yet, but I do want to turn things around and take a closer look at my priorities, so I’ve put together a list of things I will be doing through the end of the school year (June 17th for me) or the next six weeks.
There are twenty components, in my challenge; the first five are mandatory!
1. Throw away or hide your scale.
2. Purchase, check out or borrow a good book to read from everyday. This could be a book either about realistic exercise or healthy eating/recipes. This could also be some other kind of “self-help” book (on creativity, relationships, goals, etc.)
3. Get at least seven hours of sleep six nights a week!
4. Replace negative self-talk with positive affirmations
5. Refuse to gossip or add negativity to any conversation (walk away or change the subject if it is spoken to you)
Love yourself just the way you are, but commit to becoming a better version of you, by throwing out anything (like a scale) that sends messages of guilt to your brain. Decide instead to fill your mental bucket with good, uplifting and motivational stuff.
6. 30 minutes of sustained aerobic exercise 3-4 times per week.
7. 20 to 30 minutes of strength training exercise 2-3 times per week.
8. 15 minute walk (outside) every single day, opposite your exercise.
Six days a week, twice a day. If you are doing aerobic/strength training in the a.m., then you walk in the afternoon/evening. If you are exercising in the evening, then you start each day with a brisk “fresh air” walk. Take one rest day each week.
9. Drink 12 to 16 oz of water upon rising.
10. Eat breakfast by 8:00 every day.
11. Correct issues with portion control. In other words, don’t eat too much!
12. Eat 3 fresh, unadulterated servings of fruit/vegetables daily.
13. Do not eat refined sugar (dessert/candy) six days a week.
14. One or less caffeinated/diet drink per day.
15. No fast food (Subway is OK)
16. Eat at least two healthy snacks each day.
17. No eating after 7:00 Monday through Thursday
18. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store for at least 80% of your budget/food
19. Participate in a FREE day, once a week. Eat whatever you want, however you want, in any portion you want and as often as you want!!
20. Drink a total of at least 3 glasses of water between meals each day.
Six days a week, eat 5 to 6 portion-controlled meals a day. Three of these meals must be eaten sitting down and eaten slow enough to savor each food. DO NOT COUNT CALORIES.
Ok, that pretty much does it and I am in 100% – how about you?
Please don’t feel you have to accept this entire challenge, if you don’t need to. But, take a good close look at your energy and outlook and then examine how you are spending your time and what you are prioritizing each day, then join in as a …
Challenger. Challengers take on 5 to 8 items (mandatory plus 3)
Super Star. Super stars take on 10 (mandatory plus 5)
Hot Mamma. Hot mammas take on 15 or more (mandatory plus 10 or more)
Click here to send me your picture. Put CHALLENGE in the subject and tell me which level you are doing and then list of optional challenges you are taking on. I’ll post us all it in my new Spring Challenge album (at right!) Download spring_challenge.doc
if you want a checklist to print!!