Thursday 4:12 p.m.

Where did my week and my day go? I could have sworn it was just Monday, or at least 10:15 a.m. — I’m going to go with the "time flies when you’re having fun" explanation. I have had some very productive meetings this week and some new developments as well — which totally energizes me.

We did have a very FUN family reunion that produced roughly 17 loads of very dirty, sandy clothes and about 200 pictures — you know what amazes me? How many pictures we take these days and how I still get the feeling when I review them that I "missed" stuff. I did get these shots, which totally depict "road trip" to me …
Img_6234_3

Img_6236_2

Img_6237_2

… but I missed taking one of Geof driving and me working on my laptop — see what I mean, crazy.

summer is crazy — I’m loving it, the clipboards are still working relatively well and we are finishing projects and enjoying planned activites.

I’m pretty darn excited about stuff I’m working on in my house …
Mudroom

or rather garage! I don’t have a mudroom, so I created one in the back half of our garage — Geof and Clark laid the interlocking plastic tiles from Costco and I hung cute frames/pics on the locker doors.
Lockers2

and, check out the adorable red bench that Jenna found and told me about …

Img_6241

it was ingeniously made from the head and foot boards of a twin bed — and I’m so in love with it. It was at one of those adorable stores that a friend has to tell you about, because otherwise you’d never know! We also got the cute days-of-the-week chalkboard — I’m going to hang pics of each person from the hooks (i think) Img_6244_2

Jenna gets credit for most of the painting — this wall is a shade
darker than the rest of the kitchen — but I get credit for the light
switch covers!!

Img_6242

and if you are loving my pillows (which, I can’t imagine you not loving my pillows) and wondering where to get some, go here. I think I’ve mentioned that Susan Sargent is my new favorite color expert and guess what? She has a store!

I also ordered two microfiber chairs from Target (only $169 a piece) — which are making my living room look so "real," with somewhere to sit besides the couch and the hearth!!

Orangechair
Ok, back to the grind — I’m writing an introduction to something … and I’m almost ready to tell you what it is!!

Comments

1. Carolyn says:

I love looking at your decorating in your house because it’s functional and organized and cute! I absolutely love that chalkboard days of the week thing. Where did you get it? I want one!

2. Rebecca says:

Wow–I LOVE your garage!! I love the red steps, and the extra fridge right next to the door…and the lockers are very cool, I totally want to copy you!! :) That red bench is ADORABLE!!! What a great gal Jenna is!!

3. Love the colors too!!! Your intro wouldn’t by chance be for a new book you are writing? I look at my Big Picture book all the time, more now since you signed it. It gives me inspiration.

4. Where did you find your lockers? They are just perfect. Do they actually help? Do your children really put their coats and their shoes away in them?

5. I love the lockers. Where did you find such big ones? I can only find really small metal ones that I’m afraid won’t hold much and will tip over when my kids try to use them.

6. Please tell me the car pictures were of your car not in motion. It appeared as if three of your five children were not buckled in! We have very strict seatbelt laws in California and it is something I am a freak about. Don’t mean to be a nag, but concerned about safety! Have a great day!

7. oooh, I LOVE your garage…and the fact that you “made” a mudroom since you didn’t have one. I think I need to “make” one too…though it probably wouldn’t be as fun as yours – I love all the fun little touches! :o )

8. Aww, your family is adorable! The little gal is a cutie pie too! And I am so inspired by your mini-mudroom and the little bench. *someday*

9. Okay, love the chalkboard. Where did you find it?

10. Deirdre says:

You are so inspirational—I ended up watching the old video links (so I could see your color -sorted space) and was even more fascinated by your pantry!
    I too wanna know where to find the lockers, and if you only did the tiles on the part of the garage that you don’t park cars in…and (maybe this doesn’t apply to WA) if you have a solution for keeping spiders, etc out of shoes left in the garage. We’re in Moab, and they always seem to find a way in!
    Thanks again—can’t wait to see Wendy and Abby’s book just to see more of your space.

11. ha! I’m taking a break right this minute from painting Maddie’s bedroom a nearly identical shade of green. : ) I love those lockers… very nice.

12. Rebecca S says:

LOVE the mudroom! Did you make the switchplate covers yourself? If so, please tell us how! Adorable!

13. Lindsay says:

I have always wanted a black and white checked floor. And you have red steps. And a red bench. Those pictures made me happy.

14. PLEASE PLEASE…………. let us in on where you go the lockers and the chalkboard and hook thingy!!!!!!! As usual you inspire me to be more organized!
    Dawn, Van, WA

15. cant wait to hear all about what you’re up to!

16. StacyTea says:

Love it! Love it! Love it! Your house is so dang cute! You’re sooooo organized, Stacy! Obviously God didn’t give ALL Stacy’s *that* trait, b/c I’m hopelessly unorganized and messy. Oh, and did I mention how dang organized you are? LOL!
    Stacy :-)

17. RE: The hooks above the bench. Why not make tag books similar to your big picture tagbook? At the end of each year, some great family discussions could ensue regarding a tagbook that outlined each member of the family’s major goals for the upcoming year. Mount a photo on the front tag of each book, throw them on a keyring, and tie on some ribbon. Physical goals (half-marathon? take a karate class? learn to walk?), Spiritual goals (read through the whole scriptures this year? memorize one chapter of a bible book? learn a mealtime grace by heart? take on a new church related volunteer position?), Educational goals (learn to multiply? learn the piano? learn Italian?), etc. Just a few age appropriate ones for each family member. Can you imagine the power of looking at those yearlong goal tagbooks hanging in your living space each day?

18. I absolutely love your home, you have created an wonderful space for your family. I was wondering if you purchaed a pre-owned home or if you built? The reason I ask is because my husband & I are wanting to build our dreamhome and I am having a hard time knowing where to start. If you have any ideas, I’d love for you to share!

19. Stacy,
    I love your home. It looks so inviting and friendly. Gotta love that!

20. Love the pics! But please, please, PLEASE buckle your kids in – even when they are out of carseats and sitting in the back!

21. katie scott says:

Let me guess… the book about Library of Memories??? If I’m right I can’t wait!

22. katie scott says:

Let me guess your next project… The BOOK about Library of Memories? I hope so because I can’t wait for that one!

23. katie scott says:

Sorry, I posted 2x b/cs I didn’t think I posted correctly.

24. You are amazing…you are my idol. I so want to be as organized as you….my kids are getting their own “locker” in the garage for all their stuff…backpacks,shoes and such. What a great idea. Also love the days of the week chalk board….you inspire me.
    peace
    kim

25. Is that your garage??? If it is it is totally my dream garage. Amazing!! Thanks for the peek inside – if your garage looks that awesome I will have to buy that organization book coming out just for a peek at your scrap space.
    Road trip pics are fun. At least your took some. I forgot when we just went to Boston. Oh well. I think it was the stress of all that traffic.
    I listened to your video on the SS site – amazing just like you!
    Sue

26. LOVE LOVE LOVE your organizing!!! I’ve had an idea in my head for a few months for the area right outside our garage door, and you’ve just confirmed that it CAN be done, and look good! Thanks! I’m off to link my DH to these pics!
    Ramie

27. Where did you get those lockers?? They are adorable with the little framed photos! I love the snap together floor too. It makes it so clean and tidy. You have the most adorable ideas! LOVE IT! Love your blog and your book!

28. I always feel the same as you about road trips! I do love how we can take unlimited pictures now with digi cameras!

29. I remember the days when we took road trips. So much fun and those pictures bring back memories :)
    I love seeing pictures in your house because you have such great taste!! It’s cute and functional all at the same time!!

30. Okay, very nicely done!! Where did you get those lockers they are really a great idea. I have been looking for something like this. P.S. Cute kiddos too!!! Thanks :)

31. Stacy, I love your garage, love the lockers, but most of all I love that red bench. You must tell us where you found it.
    Can’t wait to see (or read) what you are up to!

32. I also love your “mudroom” and I ALSO want to know where the lockers came from :) I must have some!!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration -
    xoxo

33. I so agree on the feelings about having missed something even though there are 300+ pictures showing that lots did happen!! I ALWAYS wish I had taken more!
    I love seeing your home – thanks for sharing it with us. You inspire me in decorating too. Thanks!

34. Love all the ideas…but, I have to comment that the first thing I noticed was the kids without seatbelts(sorry). I work in an ER and I have seen really bad things happen to kids and adults were don’t wear their seatbelts. Please tell me those were posed photos.

35. Where, where, where did you get those lockers?? I love them, I need them! Great job on the mudroom, I love the floor idea in the garage!

36. Candice says:

Please share you you got the lockers! I have 8 children and my goal in life is to become as organized as you are!
    candice

37. Lisa Bracale says:

Wow love your garage.
    *****PLEASE PLEASE TELL US WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE AWESOME LOCKERS AT??? LOVE IT******
    Lisa

38. lol…i had to go and get my husband so he could see your mudroom. we just moved into a new house(our first time owning one) and don’t have a mudroom. this totally solves our problem. thank you so much for the inspiration. i too, would like to know where you found the lockers and chalkboard. ;)
    ~susan

39. Grace Palazzolo says:

love the bench awesome…Just got back home to NY from PA from CK convention and low and behold I look down on a table and see pink papers and on it “ScrapBowl 08′” and your picture and Donna Downey and Margie Romney-Aslett and lots of other great teachers Helloooo What a line up of people….Oh My can’t wait to see what is going to go on! LOL! Hugs Grace

40. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your decorating style. Bright, saturated colors…very organized…Very inspiring….take more pictures of your dwelling place…I love the ideas. Smiles and Blessings…

41. Linda aka Kropster says:

Love the lockers. When we remodeled 7 years ago, we installed metal school lockers (painted by an autobody shop turquoise, pink, yellow, green, orange, and blue) and they have been a lifesaver. They are a colorful back entry way and keep all 5 of us organized!
    Like others, I freaked out when seeing kids in the car without seat belts!!!! BUCKLE UP!!!

42. Love the new room! Can’t wait to hear where the lockers are from, as well as the Days of the Week Chalkboard~

43. I just got my order of clipboards from Oriental Trading. I am going to make the 4×4 ones for use during the school year. If you have a picture of the ones you use during school would you mind posting it? I am needing some inspiration!

44. Love your kitchen! Could you please share the paint color name/company name for the green paint. I want to paint my kitchen once the kids go back to school!
    THANKS FOR SHARING!

45. Could you please share the paint color/brand you used in the kitchen ? Love the shade of green!!

46. I love mudrooms in general, and yours just knocked my socks off – I adore the lockers and the flooring! Mudrooms are pretty much unheard of here in CA, but I created one in my foyer and can’t imagine keeping my crew organized without it.
    Tamara

47. Ahem, has a magazine ever featured your house? Because somebody definitely needs to! It is so CUTE!

48. Hi Stacy, I’d like to post the photo of your mudroom in my homemaking blog at keepingthecastle.com. I hope this is OK with you. It’s such a great use of space, and is a cool idea for home organizing. Thanks for the inspiration!

49. I know I’m a couple of weeks late in commenting but….above everything else those children of yours are the most beautiful thing you have. Why would you endanger their young lives by not insisting they wear their seatbelts? I hope that God is kind to you and that you never find yourself in an emergency room asking why.

50. TOTALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE that chalkboard. Where did you get that? I HAVE to find one! It would be PERFECT for us!!