You’re invited …

to come chat with me at 2:00 PST TODAY!!!
I’ll be in "The Chat Box" at lovebugscrapbooking.com and I’m feeling really bad that I’m so "checked out" and forgot to post this earlier — sorry. I’ve already mixed up two meetings today — let’s just say, the book project is coming along, and I’m engaged!!  Creativity cannot be forced and so I’ve had some "where’s the panic button" moments, but I’m forging ahead on very little sleep and a LOT of faith.

Five highlights from the past week:
1. coming home (don’t you just dig sleeping in your own bed after you’ve been away?)
2. Jason Bourne — that’s all I’m going say.
3. watching Trey give Addie rides around the house! He scoots on his back through and around the kitchen and dining room — it’s a hoot and she loves it!!
Treyride

4. this quote from StoryPeople. I get them every day, but this one just struck me and I’m going to use it on a page for my book:

I buried a nickel under the porch when I was 8, she said, but one day my grandma died & they sold the house & I never got to go back for it. A nickel used to mean something, I said. She nodded. It still does, she said & then she started to cry.

5. My new wall sayings that just came in the mail. I’m putting them up this evening and will post a picture. They are from Upper Case Living and I’m just kind of excited to see them up!!
And you know what?
If you live in Spokane, you should come to my party — oh my gosh, I’m totally going to invite you to my party.

This Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m. I’m having the Upper Case Living consultant and my favorite candle lady/friend (Gold Canyon — does that sound right?) come. If you live near me and want to come too, just email me so I can make sure there is enough food. You can come see just how "unfinished" my decor is and exactly how messy my studio gets mid-project!!

I’m serious you know. come!
it’s last minute, but it’s summer and why not (it’s not like I’m a huge party thrower and you’re going to get invited again soon — hello.)

Comments

1. Ann Mabee says:

I wish I lived close. I would SO be there!
    Thanks for thinking of us!
    Ann

2. Bonjour!
    Could I ask you how do you find
    the french scrapbooking papers & accents
    I hand drew/designed, please?
    It’s the dream of my life.
    here :
    In advance, merci beaucoup for your precious time offered.
    Bonne journée,
    With regards,
    PROLIX
    {ThE fReNcH tOuCh}

3. Kat (Lovebug Kat - the chatty one) says:

LOL Stacy, we are so looking forward to chatting with you at Lovebug, it’s going to be a blast, thanks in advance for taking time out of your schedule to stop by.
    Wish I could come to your candle party, I love candles! Hope your party is a huge success.

4. Lisa English says:

Stacy – your party sounds fun! If I could hop a jet from Nebraska I’d do it. Let me just “ditto” the “Jason Bourne” comment, and add that it was the best one of them all!!! Glad you’re back – missed you!
    Lisa

5. april chapman says:

if I still lived in otis orchards, wa I would definitely be there–but Alabama is a little far-
    have fun!
    april

6. An open invitation to your home? You better be careful what you ask for, Pullman is not that far away!
    I want to thank you for your inspiration. I took your idea and I got some really cute 8 oz round jars and put all my embellishments together by color. I love it! It looks really cute on my shelf and now instead of reaching for a green brad, I reach for a jar of joyous color with all sorts of fun things inside to inspire me. Thank you.

7. You are just the sweetest person – how I wish I lived in Spokane! My 40th bday is coming up – think I could con hubby into a plane ticket??? :)

8. WOW, I wish I lived near you! You are so generous to open up your home to… everyone! I hope the party goes well!

9. Love, love, love the wall sayings I bought from Upper Case Living! I bet the parties are even more inspirational than just shopping on line. I’ve put them on walls and even have some on my formerly boring tile backsplashes in the kitchen. Wish the coasts were a little closer together. :P

10. A nickel says there will be people who buy a plane ticket to attend your party! Wish I could!!! Have fun!

11. That would be so fun! I live in Eureka, MT…a mere 4 hours away and I’d be there in a heartbeat if I could get out of the work I promised our builder I’d get done on our new house this week. Next time!!!

12. Sabrina S says:

WOW! I would love to come, I live a few hours south of you (in the middle of nowhere), and I would be tempted to come if we weren’t heading to Portland this weekend.
    Thanks for the invite! Maybe next time!
    PS Gotta love Jason Bourne!

13. if only it were on THIS side of the mountains…(I live in Everett)…and
    if only…I didn;t work Friday early AM
    I would so be there!! It sounds fun!

14. Melissa Kaiserman says:

Okay, I was so there until I read it’s Thursday night–the one night I can’t do it. Bummer. No jelly beans for me.
    Save some food and I’ll stop by Friday morning for brunch. 10:00? (Hee hee! ;)
    Melissa

15. annsjournal says:

Stacey! How kind of you to invite me! Since I’m in MI I will have to decline. but thanks for sharing Uppercase Living with me. I have been wanting something like it ever since I saw the words on the walls in the Franklin Covey stores a while back. can’t wait to see your decor!

16. Brandi Welke says:

Stacy! Sounds great!
    I can make it for your party AND the brunch Melissa has decided you are having :) I am the queen of throwing last minute parties!
    Brandi

17. I wish I lived in Spokane…..

18. Angela Williams says:

Going to be moving to Spokane in January (Fairchild AFB), could you reschedule for then ;-) ? By the way any recommendations on, well, anything for when we move there? Would be very appreciated!
    Thanks so much! Angie

19. I dont think my bank balance can stretch me a flight to WA, nor would a plane short of concorde get me there in time….but I’m there in spirit!

20. Jenni Plake says:

I love Uppercase Living!!!! I just recently saw one of their catalogs and there were so many wall sayings I wanted that it was hard to choose. It is amazing — the sayings I purchased appear to be painted on my walls. And it was so easy to put up! I can’t wait to see what you put up on your walls.
    I would love to be there at your party — I’m sure it will be a ton of fun! Let us know how it goes — I’m thinking of hosting an Uppercase Living party myself just to get some more free product.
    Jenni

21. totally wishing I hadn’t just used my free southwest flight… Or I’d be on a plane. :)
    Have a great party. I love love love their stuff! : )
    -kelly

22. MaryRuth Francks says:

Oh how I miss your candle lady… she brought me many happy moments!
    Miss you!!
    p.s. the picture of Trey and Addie is so cute!!!

23. Never before have I wished I lived in Spokane – until today! Have a great time.

24. Upper Case Living sounds like something I should check out. I’m looking for something for my kitchen and I’m guessing they have it. Thanks. Take it easy girlfriend, you make me tired just reading your blog!
    Sue

25. darn i wish i did not live in PA right now. . .LOL
    Hillary

26. possible to do a “mail”order for your party via their web catalog???
    would love to!

27. Jackie Stringham says:

I looked up Susan Sargent and found that she has her own website all about color!! How fun is that? She sells these wonderful colorful albums, just thought I would share it with you. http://www.susansargent.com/striped-albums.html

28. I wish I could be there. :)

29. I live a little to far(CA) but sounds great. Have fun! I just heard about the company they have great ideas!
    Jane

30. T. Hamilton says:

New wall sayings….I must have missed something big!

31. Wish I could come. I would love to see you and your unfinished decor. :) Glad to see you posted and you haven’t glued yourself to anything yet.
    Go! Go! Go!

32. I don’t live close enough to go to the party but I would love to know more about Upper Case Living! Cute pic by the way of your kiddos! :)

33. Gloria Weibel says:

I am SO excited for you Stacey! I am an Uppercase Living Demonstrator in Maryland! If you have any friends around here…please tell them to look me up! I am sure you will have a WONDERFUL open house! I can’t wait to hear how it goes!
    Gloria Weibel
    Uppercase Living Independent Demonstrator
    weibelg@comcast.net

34. KC Dightman says:

oh my gosh! I LIVE in Spokane and would LOVE to come to your party tomorrow night! I just sent you an email too! Wow!!! Thank you!!!
    -KC

35. Oh Stacy, I just live a bit too far over the ocean!
    blessings
    {Lara} in SA

36. Stacy,
    When will “The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker” be available????

37. *sigh* Why can’t I live near you and Paula?!! :-( Peace and blessings, Cindy B.

38. Hi Stacy,
    This is not really a scrapping question, but I also love your ideas on organization with your family so I thought I would ask. My daughter is starting all day Kinder in a few weeks and is lactose intolerant so I will be doing the cold lunch thing. I was a teacher for 10 years so I don’t want her teacher to be worring about giving her a tablet before lunch. It is very different being on this side of the teachers desk. : ) What are some things you put in their lunches that are hits? I saw so many kids just throw away their whole lunch and then be cranky, hungry in the afternoon. She likes fruits and veggies and is generally a good eater, but how do you include those in an easy way. I am not a baggy reuser, but hate the thought of wasting all those bags everyday! I think I remember something about you having one cupboard set aside for all the lunch stuff to make it easier?? You just seem to have it really together with your kiddos and I thought you might have some wonderful tips. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for having a great blog that is so fun to check in on.
    ElRae

39. Gold Canyon candles are the BEST!!!
    That will be SOME party!
    I love anything with words!

40. Stacy…please tell Trey thanks so much for the scoot on the kitchen floor idea…I am going to try this with my three year old. What great exercise and fun for both!! :)

41. You got me hooked on the Upper Case lIving stuff when you listed it on a previous post…I am anxiuosly awaiting my order right now!

42. Katie Scott says:

Hi Stacy: I’m so glad you got the daily emails from StoryPeople (remember I sent you the one about the run proud?) Anyway, I use the quotes in my scrapbooks all the time. So Cool.
    Katie in St. Pete

43. I am an UCL consultant in the upstate NY area and have a blog at http://andiquote4u.blogspot.com – I would love to help you out!

44. Hi, UL demonstrators…. I would love to hear how your parties are going. I been putting off becoming a demonstrator here in PA. NOt sure how this will interest anyone here yet. What are the feelings you are all getting with this new concept? I am so anxious to hear from someone about UL. Thank you so much. Brenda in PA