I should be in bed, but …
I am too excited about the launch of Library of Memories (just had to stay up and see the classroom LIVE) and we are anticipating the arrival, any minute now, of some family friends. Took this photo last February, when they were here for Clark’s 14th birthday party.
Nolan and Geof become friends when they were about twelve. Nolan and his family are coming up for what has become an annual ski trip. They reside in Arizona and need to search for snow (hard for us in the inland northwest to imagine this winter!) Anyway, enjoyed setting up the guest room tonight. Found a great pic of Geof and Nolan in college, dressed up oddly enough as two rolls of Charmin "Squeeze Me" toilet tissue and put it in a little frame in the bedroom (grin) found it btw in my People We Love category drawer behind the Family Friends/Cordons tab!
I’m also really excited about the March Book that is being featured in Tena’s Handmade Book of the Month Club and the FREE Reading Room. It is one of my favorite Compendium books, called LIVE Good. and it’s just awesome — I display it on an easel in my studio, so I remember to pick it up often and thumb through the pages. If you are a fan like me, then you likely know that the author of many Compendium books is a man named Kobi Yamada (who happens to also be the president and CEO of the company) who is an amazing human being, dedicated to a vision of inspiring others. Guess what? Kobi agreed to do an interview with Tena and answered several questions via email and seriously, good stuff! Also, Tena’s is helping us alter a board book this month and for people like me that shy away a bit from the "altered arts" and other more time-consuming projects, like books you construct yourself — this is an exciting thing. I already know that I will be using one of these, to make my "live good" board book …
Love these — so sturdy and just so cool inside the box (thanks Cloud 9) Anyway, If you haven’t signed up for the handmade book, inspired by Live Good and Kobi — you should be doing that now, here.
Ok, I guess I can’t put it off any longer. Paula tagged me on her blog yesterday and I just think, sheez, don’t people know way too much about me already, but here we go …
The rules: Link to your tagger and post these 3 rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. Most random facts about me are weird (one down)
2. I’ve been putting mixed nuts in my granola in the morning and eating it with vanilla soy milk — love the salty/sweet combo (see, I told you, weird)
3. I’ve started doing yoga two days a week and did some very smooth Sun Salutations today (teacher even said so)
4. Love listening to This American Life podcasts (just recently subscribed)
5. Watched this video tonight and bawled at the end. Made Geof watch it with me (he cried too — I’m serious) I have Janet in Austin, TX to thank. She forwarded to me. I read a newspaper article about Randy Pausch and his "last lecture" on an airplane recently and was thrilled to see this segment from the Oprah show. Thanks Janet!
6. May be attempting to grow my hair out a bit (not sure yet) and so wearing my hair in pig tails quite often these days — it’s kinda fun.
7. Am decorating a cake with Trey (technically decorating with cupcakes) for the annual Blue and Gold banquet tomorrow night (think Cub Scouts.) We are making both polar bears and penquins in an icy "scene," with a little sign pointing to the North and South poles (pretty cute eh?)
I guess that wasn’t so bad.
Ok, I’m tagging …
Jessica has been my friend for years and I just really like her family blog.
Rebecca, Elizabeth and Kellie — favorite scrapbookers of mine
Mark is married to Cami (who is a scrapbooker living here is Spokane) and is a marriage counselor. He just recently launched this cool website and blog, so I thought I’d share!
I met Stephanie at CHA for the first time and partook of at least 17 very yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies, she gave me in a darling brown bag package. Got to hear "her story" and decided we could definitely be life long friends. If you don’t know her yet, you’ll love her.
and of course Angie, over at the Simple Blog …