Happy St. Patty’s Day!

I just really like this holiday — I keep hoping that we’ll find some Irish roots in our family that would underscore my affection and dedication for our traditions. In the meantime the corn beef and cabbage is in and we’re all anticipating our annual green dinner tonight!

Just got this cute virtual card from Jennifer at Strano ribbon (which if you’ve never purchased Strano ribbon, you really haven’t in my humble opinion experienced ribbon.)

Check it out and do something to make today FUN!

Green

more information on my green drawer and my "scrap by color" approach coming very soon!

Comments

1. I am very intrigued by the “scrap by color” approach. I heard you mention it in Lain’s interview (which I really enjoyed and keep contemplating, btw). I can’t wait to read more. From the looks of your green drawer, I’m going to like the approach!

2. this holiday just didn’t seem to come up on my radar this year (i used to work at a law office where the annual st. patty’s party was their big event & they’d send out green subpoenas to the judges & other attys & a guy dressed up as the leprachaun was the process server, it was big fun) anyway, i’m feeling kind of bad that i haven’t done anything & my kids want something festive. I’m going to have to get something green on the way home from work. thanks for reminding me that its st. pattys day

3. My Grandfather came from Ireland way back when and I really enjoy this holiday. My kids are always excited to wear green and we made some shamrock cookies this year! Green jello for dessert and it will all be good!
    Stacy, I believe this quote suits you very much. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
    Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves.
    Irish Blessing

4. Julie Johnson says:

I’m not Irish either, but the kids LOVE any day that’s a little different. I make green eggs and ham each year, and serve it on china with their oj in wine glasses. They love the fancy breakfast, and I read the Dr. Seuss book. It’s our fun little March tradition!

5. April P. says:

Ya know I love St. Patty’s Day too, but it’s so darn close to Easter this year, I didn’t get to do as much as I had hoped . . . I’ve headed over to Strano before – lots of times actually – but I have a problem with indecisiveness when there are so many yummy things to buy and I don’t have the budget that allows me to just buy them ALL! I can’t wait to see your updated “organization” methods.

6. I hope it was a wonderfully ‘green’ day for you.
    Sue

7. Jeannette says:

Happy St Patrick’s Day to you too! I get to claim I’m Irish (not very much though) but I got my kids saying “Kiss me I’m Irish!” Great way to get lots of lovins today. Miss calling my Grandpa though (he passed away last May) b/c he’d always answer the phone “Top o’ the mornin’ to ya!” He didn’t come right from Ireland but with the last name of Mahoney you can see why he’d answer that way. Awww…memories. I should scrap a page of him with some shamrocks & such. Idea brewing!!!
    LOVE your green drawer. It’s my fav color ever!!!

8. HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
    I blogged last week about a trip I made to Ireland. It’s such a beautiful country.
    HUgs, Pat

9. Ann Grounds says:

Lovin’ the “Green” bin!! Can’t wait to see the pics of your studio. I think all of us over at GOBI are waiting with baited breathe for them to show up on our gallery! Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you!!
    Ann

10. Wendy Antenucci says:

I would love to hear more about how you’ve stored your color things. I’ve recently sorted through all my embellishments and sorted by color. I’m having trouble with the rub-ons,letters, ribbons though.

11. I love your green basket.. love it! how I wish I had the ROOM to store all my supplies by color.. omg.. I have so many!..

12. Susan Efseaff says:

We are not irish either, but we had a great green dinner. My girls helped me do the shopping and they ate everything…great way to get your kids to eat their veggies…we had artichokes, green beans, broccoli, potatoes (not green), steak (not green), limeade, green rice krispie treats for dessert and all the condiments on the table were green! very fun and yummy!

13. OK I was always wondering when you said you go to your Green stash – I like this way of storing your items….What do you do with say storing brads, eyelets buttons?