Let’s Make the MOST of this Beautiful Day!

And when I woke up on this first day of spring to snow (arghh) I was like, what?
Who didn’t send the memo to Mother Nature?

But, it has already melted, the sun is out and I’m not about to let the weather interfere with my party plans anyway … so, let’s start with a dorky picture of me …
Blogparty

In my new sweater!

For those of you that commented a week or so ago, you’ll be interested to know that I actually decided to go with the melon/floral sweater, only to discover that it was already sold out!  So, I guess it was fate, this blue sweater and me, and I do really like it. I’ve never had a cashmere sweater before. It is perhaps a bit dressy for my jeans and T-shirt, but it’s unbelievably soft!

So, what exactly is a BLOG Party? I don’t know, but I’m keen on making something up!

My motivation is the fact that today would be Mr. Rogers’ 80th birthday (yes, the Mr. Rogers of PBS fame) and the fact that I have a new zippered sweater to wear and … the fact that I have five more copies of Photo Freedom to give away.

Here’s what you have to do to come to my party.
1. Wear a sweater in honor of Mr. Rogers today.

2. Watch the following clip from You Tube, that invites everyone to join in on this Pittsburgh-based, worldwide opportunity to say "thanks" to a great man.

3. Take a photo of YOU in your sweater and either email it to me (put SWEATER in the subject line), or post your photo to your own blog and leave the link below in the comments. Tell me and others, by leaving a comment how you intend to "make the most of this beautiful day"

that’s it — maybe you’ll stop for ice cream on the way home from work, or take a walk outside, or call someone you miss. Maybe you’ll do some random act of kindness or simply stop to notice something instead of rushing past. Whatever it is, do it and then share it here.

On Monday, I will pick five random people from all of the comments and send them a book!

easy huh?
I’ll set up an album here on the blog with sweater pictures from all over — so be sure to send me your name and where you live. Again, if you have your own blog, just send me the link and I’ll pull the photo from your blog! This way, we can spread the word.

and don’t worry that for many of you March 20th is almost over. My version of "wear a sweater day" goes through the weekend!!

Comments

1. So cute – loved that Mr. Rogers clip – I too loved this guy. And while I didn’t know about his birthday or the sweater thing – I’m here at work wearing one of my two favorite sweaters – one with a zipper front / just like Mr. Rogers, I’ll post my picture on my blog :) (P.S. I got a chemical peel for the first time today so I might be a little red in the face in the picture – I’m trying to make the most of this beautiful face ;)

2. Julie Johnson says:

Hi Stacy!
    I just emailed my pics to you, and forgot to include my location…Batavia, IL. I’m wearing my fun zebra sweater…a little outside my normal “safe” black or brown! :) The only picture takers home were my two little ones. They took 4 shots…this was the best (and it’s really quite horrible), and here is a shot of them. They are 4, and 26 days apart…one born in my heart and one under it.
    I loved watching Mr. Rogers!
    Today I did a little random act of kindness as part of my picture person for my son’s class. We studied Paul Cezanne, and I bought them each a water color set. We made still lifes around the room with crocks, candlesticks, cloth napkins, fruit and real flowers. I left some there for the teacher. It was a great way to bring a smile to 21 fifth graders!
    Thanks for all you do!
    Julie Johnson

3. Hi Stacy,
    Thanks for the fun post…..I am making the most of today with a SMILE!! Enjoying watching my kids play outside on this gorgeous day and SMILING!! I posted on my blog….www.annieadams.typepad.com

4. Mary Sue says:

Hi Stacy,
    I watched Mr. Rogers daily when my 30 year old twins were little. He was one of their favorites. I also woke up to the first day of Spring with it snowing. I live in Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a small town called St. Ignace which is at the north end of the Mackinac Bridge. I spent my day going to the doctor with a friend who is pregnant with her first child. I was in the room with her when she got to hear the babies heart beat. What an awesome sound. It brought tears to my eyes. I will e-mail you a picture of me in my sweater. It is only 30 degrees so I am still wearing sweaters daily.
    I enjoy reading your blog daily. I would love to have one of your books.
    Enjoy Spring and Easter,
    Mary Sue Kunze
    St. Ignace, MI

5. Thanks for that video, made me smile, humm i have to think about that sweater but i will make the most of my day and weekend,Thanks Stacy, hugs,Rosa.

6. So, it’s my sweater in Everett, WA

7. YAY I loved Mr. Rogers!! It’s way too hot for a sweater in Houston (sorry, I’m not trying to brag) but I put one on just for my picture.
    Today I made the most of this beautiful day by getting a long overdue haircut, and I love it! Enjoyed your post!

8. Oh I loved watching Mr. Roger’s went I was a kid too. Thanks for letting us know about this special tribute to him Stacy. I updated my blog to honor him…happy even though it was a rough day for me and my crew. Read my blog! Would love to have one of your new books “PhotoFreedom” even if I don’t win it…it is on my list to buy. I feel so so far behind…over 20 years of photos to scrap…would love to learn your system…Thanks for sharing it with us and setting us free! Many blessings!

9. Robyn :) says:

Sorry, but after days of 40 and 50 degree weather and more to come after today it was in the 70s here in Northeast Kansas today so no sweater!!!!!! I did make the most of the day, though, by driving around the Flint Hills of Kansas on a little adventure to see some small towns!! Very fun and we ended up in Topeka where I got to go to a very nice scrapbook store!!

10. Hi ya Stacy! Always the one to crack me up! I loved this idea- and did it right away! so…take a look at my blog http://www.laceyanderson.blogspot.com to see my photo. Love your new sweater- cashmere- sooo jealous! ;0) Btw, i wear my cardigans with anything- mostly tshirts and yoga pants or lounge pants when i’m at home- so no worries- cashmere looks fabulous with jeans!! ;0)
    ~Lacey (in CA)

11. I e-mailed my sweater pic to you. Thanks for throwing the fun blog party.

12. Okay, I am all over this challenge, even if it is supposed to be pushing 80 in SoCal the next few days! I adore Mr. Rogers – one of my all-time heroes. I’ll be back tomorrow with a link. But I don’t need to win a book. ;)
    ~Tamara
    P.S. Love your sweater!

13. Thanks for the fun inspiration! I will email my picture … it’s a sweater I’ve had since high school so it’s at least 20 years old! I made the most of my day today by coming home and flying kites with my kids … it’s very windy in eastern PA today!

14. Cindy Bosch says:

Fun! I totally needed my favorite sweater today! We are expecting 6-12 inches of Snow tomorrow!
    What I did today was surprise my Kindergartener by being a “Mystery Reader” in his class!! So fun to see his face when I knocked on the door and his teacher asked him to please let the person in!! He was so excited and so happy! It was such a great way to spend the afternoon and loved all the kids in the class with all of their really funny questions (i.e. When is your “Golden” Birthday? – -Gasp! Do I really look like I am almost 50???)!! So cute! Kind of felt like Mr. Rogers reading to the kids and answering questions!
    Thanks for a fun memory from my childhood!

15. Jeannette says:

Hey Stacy! I was totally in love with Mr. Rogers when I was little. I even wrote to him and got an autographed picture of him that I hung on the side of my dresser. Oh & my dh was born in Latrobe, PA where they taped the show (there is a town named Jeannette that was fairly close by too. how funny eh?)
    I am in the beautiful but chilly Upper Peninsula of MI, my kids are still sledding in our backyard (hello to my fellow Yooper!) so I had a sweater on today but didn’t get to your blog till the kiddos were all tucked into bed & I was in my jammies. Guess I’ll have to take a pic tomorrow (probably have my 5 yr old do it, she loves to take pics).
    I spent the day getting my kids to & from school and then driving to a doctor appt an hour away but was able to meet up with my parents & grandparents for a little visit and bumped into my old gym teacher from elementary and high school. My school was really small so the K-12 grades were all in the same building so she was there my entire school career. How cool is that? It was great to say hi to her & a pleasant surprise.
    Anyway, Happy Spring day in honor of Mr Rogers and great sweater Stacy. I actually recommended the melon one but the blue one looks nice & cozy. Perfect timing I must say. lol
    Jeannette P. in Escanaba, MI

16. Fun Party! I remember watching him growing up, and this sweater on my blog I’ve had for 12 years. Looking at this picture it may be retired after this – love your blog! And love the blue sweater, I think it’s a great color on you.
    Cat

17. Fun Party! I remember watching him growing up, and this sweater on my blog I’ve had for 12 years. Looking at this picture it may be retired after this – love your blog! And love the blue sweater, I think it’s a great color on you.
    Cat

18. Sounds like quite a party! Are we supposed to change our shoes as we move from outdoors to indoors also? LOL Love the idea and my children always loved Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood.
    Sue

19. Great party, Stacy! :) I’ve posted my Mr. Rogers sweater pic in my blog…
    Happy Friday!
    Elizabeth

20. Hey Stacy I found your link on the Romneys blog. I can’t believe how big your boys have gotten. They are still so cute! It looks like you have a little girls now congratulations! I just wanted to say hi. We are doing well we are now living in CT where Heath works for Deloitte. You can check out our blog at http://heathandrachel.blogspot.com/

21. Okay, so I don’t own any sweaters, weird, eh? I’m really glad they were out of the floral one and you chose the blue. I like the melon color, but just thought the blue is a little more versatile and younger looking…not that you look old.
    Love ya!

22. MaryRuth says:

I love that you always make life special and fun!!
    love the idea of a blog party!! I don’t know that I even own a sweater any more (living in Texas and all!)
    Miss you!!

23. Thank you so much Stacy for this great idea! I’ve posted my picture on my blog: http://kirstenvarga.blogspot.com/
    We made the most of our day by taking it easy and enjoying the gorgeous weather!

24. You completely INSPIRED me Girl! Here’s my blog post including me and my daughters all wearing Mr. Rogers carddies! And I definately made the most of my day. Details on my blog.

25. Love your books, love your blog, love BPS…!!!
    Carol in NH

26. heatherc says:

Love Mr. Rogers!! Too hot here for a sweater today (Mission Viejo, CA), but I’m happy to pull one out just for the occasion :) I sat outside soaking up the sun at the park with my little one while my big ones were at baseball practice. I truly felt like I was able to make the most of this beautiful day!!

27. I emailed you my pic and blog post. Saratoga Springs, ut! http://sunnyside1976.blogspot.com/2008/03/lets-make-most-of-this-beautiful-day.html

28. Okay, I’m back with my link, just for fun: http://bcre8uv.typepad.com/noodle_soup/2008/03/its-a-beautiful.html
    Thanks for doing this! Now I not only have a pic of me for a change, but a great page idea to work on this weekend. :)

29. Heather L says:

I see that there are multiple Heathers in your blog comments, so I am adding my last initial to mine. I e-mailed my sweater picture and it’s a beautiful day here is snowy Pittsburgh, PA because we are going to an indoor waterpark!

30. Sorry, cant wear a sweater. It is sweltering heat here in Chennai, India today. Forget spring, we are gearing up for summer here. April and May are known to be the hottest months here. ‘To make the most of my day’- will do that tomorrow (Sunday) since its already 11 pm today. Priya

31. No problems with it being too hot for a sweater here in Wisconsin! I made the most of my day by fitting in some sewing time. Picture of me in a sweater on my blog: http://donna-momof4.blogspot.com/2008/03/happy-sweater-day.html I’ve heard so much about your book and I really want it!

32. Here’s to you Mr. Rogers.Thanks Stacy for reminding us of such a wonderful man. I made the most of my day by reading a few extra good night books to the kids. I also pulled out a cute blue sweater that I totally forgot I owned. I am wearing it on my blog post.

33. What a fun idea !
    I mailed you my sweater photo.
    And because of Easter, today is family time with my husband, 3 kids and mother.
    Having a great brunch, walking the dog, enjoying each other.
    Tomorrow the normal routine starts again. And still wearing my sweaters.

34. Hi! Well, it is a very WARM day here in Sacramento, CA but I did put on a sweater and got DH to take my photo. I’ve posted it on my blog at http://karenscorneroftheweb.blogspot.com/
    Happy Easter! Love the classes at BPS! This is a lovely day – going to enjoy as much of the outdoors as my allergies allow!

35. Tammy Harp says:

Hi Stacy! I never do this kind of thing, but I have been so grateful for your Big Picture Scrapbooking concept that I wanted to participate in your blog party this weekend! Please take a peek at my blog at http://ourhappychaos.blogspot.com/ to see my sweater and how I made the most of my beautiful day! ~Tammy H.

36. Tammy Harp says:

37. I am emailing my picture to you.
    I will make the most of this beautiful spring day by working outside with my husband! We have such a fun time together. We are currently trying to get the grass to grow, planting flowers, etc.
    <3 Megan
    Lincoln, Alabama

38. I love Mr. Rogers. He really was an amazing man–i loved his clips in the land of make beleive and how things were made. Now the discovery channel has an entire show on how things are made–my kids love it. He was ahead of his time.You have given me something to think about and contemplate. Check out my in depth thoughts at life happens — http://sondrupclan.blogspot.com/
    maybe not to deep–Its been a long weekend and i am feeling the affects.

39. I love Mr. Rogers. He really was an amazing man–i loved his clips in the land of make beleive and how things were made. Now the discovery channel has an entire show on how things are made–my kids love it. He was ahead of his time.You have given me something to think about and contemplate. Check out my in depth thoughts at life happens — http://sondrupclan.blogspot.com/
    maybe not to deep–Its been a long weekend and i am feeling the affects.

40. Alicia V says:

Here’s how I made the most of my beautiful day: I spent Friday with my two children at the Children’s Museum enjoying the creativity of the Alice in Wonderland Exhibit; then out to enjoy some brief Seattle sunshine; then off to a friend’s house for all the kids to color eggs together, enjoy some time together, play together, laugh together. A Good Friday indeed.
    -alicia v

41. i made the most of this beautiful day by teaching the little kiddos in our “doodlebugs” art class how to decorate lovely cardboard eggs with “natures’s beads” (beans, seeds, peas, etc.) they turned out so cute, and really made me appreciate their innocent creativity and absolute confidence in themselves…i’d like to think the incredible mr. rogers would have liked it too!!!!

42. What a fun blog party! I’m loving sweaters, small jackets and cardigans, so this was really something I wanted to join in! Love your sweater, btw… I had the most wonderful day wearing mine, a brand new bright red and pink one… take a look: http://lifeandscrapping.typepad.com/lifeandscrapping/2008/03/weekendcreati-1.html

43. Whoeps…sorry, linked the wrong post… although making that egg was fun, I did not wear my new sweater… but I am here:

44. I was saying… here: http://lifeandscrapping.typepad.com/lifeandscrapping/2008/03/paasbest.html
    (Sorry, I must be feeling a little off today of all those eggs I ate yesterday…)

45. Guess I missed this, though trust me, I wear a sweater every day!
    Not much blogging going on this weekend!
    Just wanted to share with you this inspirational link I found watching the video link you posted. Wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA&feature=related

46. Well I’m a little late posting- but I did join in on the fun. I wore a sweater Th-through Sun intending to take a picture each day… and still didn’t. I did try to make each day a “beautiful day” though. Thanks for the fun idea. I hope you ahd a wonderful Easter! I hope this posts- I am new to the whole blogging thing.

47. I remember watching Mr. Rogers when I was little….then I married a Mr. Rodgers! :-)
    We made the most of our beautiful day by going to a local park and taking pictures…although my kids laughed at me because I laid down on the ground with them in order to get a good shot. The pics turned out lovely btw. :-)
    ~Lois

48. Fun Stacey! Was my birthday too :)

49. Tammy Clayton says:

Oh man, I just came across your blog. I love these, and you! I have been a fan of Mr. Rogers since I was little. Even when my friends made fun of me. After his passing the radio did a contest on trivia of Mr. Rogers and I won $25 for each correct answer up to $200. Of course, I knew every answer.
    I still think of him often, so Stacy, won’t you be my neighbor.
    I wished I could have played in your contest, I’m most certain I would have been a winner.
    Tammy Clayton