oh my …

what on earth am I supposed to say now?

I’ll start with thank you.
thanks first to my team at Simple. I am rendered speechless — which they know does NOT happen (period)

Tears

this is my self-portrait, while watching Cathy’s little video. I was laughing and crying at the exact same moment and felt a physical and palpable pain in my heart — wow.

Party

this is me opening my "party in a box" overnighted from the office in Utah (thank YOU Jennafer, Angie, Rachel, Carolyn, Jenni, Megan and ALL). My kids are extrememy excited to use all of this tonight!

and thanks to so many that have emailed and left phone messages (hello? An 800 number — Wendy, you ROCK!)

I am completely floored by the outpouring of kindness. I said something to Cathy on the phone that I truly believe, and will now share with you, primarily because I am 100% uncomfortable with the notion and sentiment that she and others have shared. I’m speaking of the "you changed my life" message.

Here’s the deal. I have had many, many people that have given me opportunities to grow and develop my God-given talents and abilities and I have been so grateful for these people in my life. Because of these opportunities I have found myself in situations with some degree of "position power." All I have ever done is point people in the direction of "open doors." The people that have responded and then decided to set aside their worry, doubt and fear have changed themselves. I am humbled and  honored to have played a part in change, because I have learned to embrace change in my own life and understand it to be the key to success. You absolutely have to let go of the comfortable and the known to be able to venture into the unknown.

So, kudos to all of you and a BIG shout out to this amazing hobby of ours, because it is agent of change and can teach us so much about what is essential in life.

and now, for those of you that have no idea of what’s going on, a little explanation is in order. As part of my quest for a RENAISSANCE this year — I have decided to really examine what I do and why. Part of this self-reflection has led me to the decision to step down from my editorial role at Simple Scrapbooks magazine and CKMedia. I am often asked "how do you do it all?" and each time, I respond with "I don’t" and I don’t. I don’t do it all and no one can. Life is about choices and when you sense the possibility of new directions, you have to make room and allocate energy for those possibilities. The fact is, the SS editorial team is better and stronger than ever — they have not only internalized the original vision and overall philosophy, they have made it more beautiful and more readable and more effective and efficient than I could have  ever imagined — and while I love contributing to the magazine, I have a strong feeling that my voice is needed in other places. The courage to make this decision has been hard-earned and I am beyond sad and will be for quite some time. Please know that I am not going away — that as I stated in an email message to my colleagues, my passion and enthusiasm for scrapbooking is unwavering. I LOVE that I have seen this industry grow out of obscurity to become the force that it is today and I will continue to be an ambassador as it evolves into an even bigger and more widely accepted lifestyle.

You are ALL an inspiration to me and I am sincerely grateful.

Comments

1. {{HUGS}}

2. Hugs, we all genuinely love u so much.. xoxoxo

3. You may not feel that you personally changed our lives; and maybe you didn’t – directly . . . I understand that we need to practically apply and physically (spiritually, emotionally) make those changes ourselves – but that “pointing people in the direction of open doors” is a GOD GIVEN gift – and we all love and thank you for using that gift in service – to US no less??? Maybe that is what amazes us all so much – you are an awesome mother and teacher and you give so much of yourself to all others – oh that we could all embrace such giving spirits!!!
    Love – Stacy Gourley

4. Tracy B (inAlberta) says:

The picture of you with your box of goodies is SO YOU – colorful! Good luck on whatever comes next. You say you just ‘point’ us in the direction of an open door, but as for LOM class you are point and showing and teaching us how to go through that door. Yes ultiamtely we have to make the decision to do the work it takes to get there, but without your inspiration we wouldn’t even begin. BIG hugs for you Stacy!
    (Studio B from LOM)

5. Jessica C. says:

Hey, we all need role models, right? That’s what you have been. You may be pointing us in the direction of other people, but in doing so, you’ve helped us see how someone else is making it work. You’ve freely offered up your systems, and advice and insights, and sometimes just seeing that someone else really can make it work is all we need.
    Like it or not, you HAVE changed so many lives. It was YOU and your work at Simple that helped me realize that my new hobby really could be life altering. And it has been. Through my exposure to your ideas and your team, my “hobby” has changed and grown in a way that no amount of look-books or product guides could have helped it to grow. I SEE things I wouldn’t have seen before. I take the time to FEEL things I wouldn’t have felt before. You helped me switch my life OFF of auto-pilot. If you hadn’t started that ball rolling… none of it would have happened. For that, I am just one more of the incredibly grateful. We love you Stacy. :)

6. Stacy-I feel so so lucky to have met you in person at ScrapBowl earlier this year. You are an inspiration – a terrific teacher – an amazing speaker – and my friend! (You are also quite the shopping enabler for mismatched socks, books, and even kitchen timers!)In the words of Fred Flintstone, “YOU ROCK!”
    Sue in Alexandria VA

7. I think you know how I feel about you. I am so grateful for the “open doors” that you have pointed me towards (even though you and I both know that you were the one that opened them! LOL). I am honored to work with you and look forward to all that the future holds!

8. You are such an incredible role model, I know that even though I don’t ‘know’ you, you have made an impact in my life. You empower women to not only find art, but to be better people too. Thank you for everything you do and share!

9. LInda Barber says:

I’m going to second what Lisa D has said so well. Thank you for taking me by the hand and shoving me into the open door. LOL! I am certain that I wouldn’t be scrapping today if it wasn’t for the Simple Scrapbooks original book. That made the proverbial lightbulb over my head go on! It made so much sense, and yet no one before you had said anything even remotely close. It’s been a real honor to work with you, and great fun to meet you and talk and hang out. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for you!

10. Thank you for saying words that I need to hear. You opened a door for me and while it didn’t quite work I realize it was because I let fear creep in. I know I could have done better and I know what I am capable of. So thank you for your inspiring words because it has ignited my little flame to try again and to keep trying until I fulfill by dreams. Looking forward to what you have in store next!

11. Stacy, I wish you the very best in all that you do. Your talent, vision and inspiration have changed the scrapbooking industry forever. Not to mention the way I scrapbook! Thank you so so much for removing my guilt and helping me to enjoy the process again! I’ll see you in class. :)

12. Stacy – loved your message – and you can put me down on the list for “Stacy you changed my life!” You so totally did in a BIG way! :) Katie Scott.

13. WOWZERS!! That’s all I can say right now….and this – peace and blessings!!!

14. Okay, I am crying now!

15. Wow!! You are an inspiration!! You have given me the pep talk I needed. I left work 6 yrs ago to stay home with my kids! While it was the best decision I have ever made – Next year all of my kids will be in school full-time! I have such fear about re-entering the work force! I do need to pursue my dreams and belive in the opportunities!
    It is so great that this hobby and so many wonderful role-models! You have inspired me, given me clear visions and support! I thank you for that!
    Thank you!

16. Janet Bobo says:

You are such a BIG inspiration to me. I certainly hope you aren’t gone completely from the world of scrapbooking – that would be such a loss. I was just thinking the other day as I looked through my “Simple” magazine that I was glad to see more of you and your work lately. Now, I’ll really miss that. I love your “Photo Freedom” book and I hope to soon begin the process for my own “Library of Memories.” God bless you in your new ventures whatever they may be, and please, please don’t stay away for long! A lot of us depend on you and will miss you greatly.
    Love and best wishes,
    Janet

17. Thank you Stacy! You will never know how much you have changed my life. I and my family are so grateful for your influence.
    {{}{BIG HUGS}}}}

18. I hope I will still see you from time to time at some of the shows, etc. You will be missed but I’m proud of you for doing what you feel you need to do.
    Hugs,
    Thena (a Simple girl at heart)

19. Becky Thompson says:

Stacy,
    Just wanted to send you all the best wishes in whatever direction life takes you. You know I understand the not being able to do it all – it’s a huge part of what led me to reorganize my own life not too long ago.
    Thank you for everything you’ve been a part of in my own life. I’m proud to call you a friend.
    God bless!

20. and a better ambassador could not be asked for. good luck and congratulations on having the courage to make such a tough decision. i’m just glad i got to meet you in your ss role! :)

21. There was a time when the trend in scrapbooking got “very busy”. I stopped subscribing to or even buying magazines at the stores. With one notable exception: Simple Scrapbooks. Your vision made it all very “easy” and “do-able”. As a LOM lurker this class (meaning I should be doing more!!!), I’m grateful that there will still be venues where we can continue to share in your vision.

22. Christine Campbell says:

quite simply, YOU ROCK!!

23. Good luck, love your magazine, it always has such great LO”s.

24. Well, don’t stay quiet for too long. We LOVE your thoughts on your blog. Best to you! Thank you for all you have done in many areas, not just scrapbooking. You are an inspiration and have taken us to new areas. Thank you!

25. Stacy,
    Of all the talented people involved in scrapbooking today, you are the only one I think of as a visionary. You are guided by inspiration and you share that with others. You will leave a legacy beyond your lifetime. I will miss your presence in my SS magazine, but cannot wait to follow you wherever you go next.

26. Stacy:
    I love your style. You’re timelessly groovy-cool. I know you’ll rock at whatever you do. I admire you for admitting you cannot do it all. We’re only human and evetually, something’s gotta give. Enjoy your life and those beautiful kiddos. Scrapbooking loves you.
    Suzanne
    who treasures her SJ autographed book

27. ladyscrap46 says:

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, just when I was about to give up on this hobby I love so much you and your book (photoFREEDOM) stepped in and brought me back where I belong I as still working on my Storage Binders (it is turly a labor of love) but I just know when its all said and done it will all be well worth it. YOU ROCK

28. ladyscrap46 says:

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, just when I was about to give up on this hobby I love so much you and your book (photoFREEDOM) stepped in and brought me back where I belong I’m still working on my Storage Binders (it is turly a labor of love) but I just know when its all said and done it will all be well worth it. YOU ROCK!!!!!

29. All at once I’m sitting thinking “Wow! I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next” and thinking “Wait a cotton pickin’ minute! She can’t go anywhere”.
    You truly are the best. You have inspired me in ways that I don’t know how to state. You have inspired me to think differently about what I think a scrapbook is. You have inspired me to step out from behind the camera and to be included in my own albums. You have inspired me and allowed me to make whole layouts & mini books about myself and who I am and I don’t feel guilty about it. You have helped me discover who I am and find my own voice.

30. A big WOW..! I am so thankful I had the chance to meet you about 2 years ago on the last day of CHA in CA. You have been a true inspiration in my life. I first learned about you watching A DAY IN THE OF STACY JULIAN video. SCRAPBOOKING has been my hobby for about 12 years and it has really changed over the years.
    BEST OF LUCK in whatever adventure you dive into next..!
    SINCERLY, JANE

31. ElizabethK. says:

Stacy, you are amazing! Thank you for all you have done! Love you, and God bless you!
    <3 Elizabeth

32. totally in tears here and I am supposed to be working. will quietly thank God for putting people like you in the world to direct people toward open doors. you have helped me to view my life and my memories in ways I didn’t know possible.
    thank you, truly, from the bottom of heart.
    Jen

33. Stacy, you have been such an inspiration to me. I met you at CKU Houston and learned so much about myself through the classes you taught. You lead me to “Flow” which is now one of my favorite books. May God continue to bless you down whatever path you follow!!! Hugs, Rita

34. Stacy, I admire so many things about you:
    - seeing that you want/need/can do something else at this time
    - your sheer joy of family
    - your love of intense colors and the flair you have for wearing them
    - your encouragement of women
    - your humour and story telling
    - your commitment to sharing the vision and inspiration of a life worth living
    - your incredible venture at Big Picture – man, that was an idea that has blessed us all
    - your encouragement to do it the way “I like best”
    - your affirmation that it’s all about getting the memories collected and preserved
    - how incredibly dynamic you are as a speaker and presenter
    Thank you for inspiring me to be a better person and for the love of scrapbooking that you share. One of my most special memories ever is the weekend you came to Edmonton for the Urban Scrapbook Convention. I know you have something incredible coming up for us, right?!! Love you, Girl!

35. YOur gifts are many – to those of us who know you only through your magazine, BPS, your blog and your many, many contributions to the scrapbooking world – we are lucky!!! You have taught much to many and obviously you are valued by your friends, colleagues and family – blessings and best wishes as you continue your journey in new directions!!
    Jacquelin

36. Can’t wait to see what you will be doing next. BPS has made a real difference in my life in so many ways.
    What a blessing to be able to make your passion your life’s work! We could all learn something from that :) .

37. Sue in Grapevine says:

I say “bless you” as you take stock & reorder your use of your time.
    I truly hope that you will continue to blog b/c I like to read what you’re up to & what ideas you’ve gotten lately.
    Oh, & as soon as I actually do all that I’ve learned in LOM, you will have helped me change my life. I’ve already got my mind on track & I totally buy into the whole philosophy — it works just the way my mind does.
    Thanks for sharing!

38. Stacy,
    When I saw the video on Cathy’s blog a few minutes ago I knew it right away: you, the Queen of Scrapbooking is stepping back. I didn’t want to know it, but I had to keep looking. This couldn’t be real! But it was. OK, so why do I have a hard time with your decision? Because you changed my life. When I was so desperately wanting to scrapbook it all (yes I did try), I forgot about the important things, but you changed me. Although we have never met, you have been there with support. Over and over again. Thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. I was thrilled to see that you had a new book. I can’t wait to buy one, haven’t found one yet in the shops here on this side of the ocean. I wish you all the luck in the world with your next step. Stacy, thank you for the inspiration, for being you in this mad mad world.
    Thanks, (BigHug) Irene

39. Congratulations and lots of aloha on your new pathway in life! I wish you all of the best and thank you for all that you have shared with the world!
    blessings!

40. kat-in-texas says:

Your contribution to the industry is immense. Your dedication to business and family is unwaivering. In my small opinion, you have earned this time to breathe! May God in His Almighty wisdom continue to bless you and your new journey/endeavors. I, too, hope you will continue with your blog as it’s one of my favs! Enjoy!!!

41. Wendy Antenucci says:

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into scrapbooking, I love all that you have taught me. I am taking LOM with you right now and am truly so inspired by your message. I am so excited about the different stories that I now can tell. I enjoyed your lecture and finish line class at Scrapbowl and hope that you will still be teaching at CKC-Valley Forge. Thank you for making simple a good way to scrapbook. Blessings in your next adventure! Wendy

42. Wow Stacy….I am so sad! But truly happy for you too. Doing what you know you need to do takes courage, especially when it is such a huge decision like this. As I tell my children, “no matter what, do what God wants you to do, and DO THE RIGHT THING.”
    I LOVE your style, and love your book Photofreedom. It really has changed the way I think about scrapping. So thank you Stacy. Thank you.

43. I first read The Big Picture on an airplane…and had to resist the urge to stand up and read it to the rest of the plane. THANK YOU for all that you have done. I’m so glad that I was able to meet you at CHA. Take care Stacy!

44. Jenn Guymon says:

Stacy, you have been such an inspiration to me the past few years. I will never forget meeting you at CBYC last month in SLC. You have helped me change the way I think about scrapbooking. BPS was an inspired idea that I absolutely love (note the 48 classes I have taken or am signed up for). I will miss you. Please don’t go too far away.
    -Jenn

45. Marta Valdes says:

Stacy:
    God Bless You! You are truly an amazing person. You have taught me so much and I am truly grateful for that. You have been an inspiration to my life and we alway be an inspiration. I am truly happy for you, you deserve all the happiness in the world. You know you have all of our SUPPORT (even though we don’t want you to go). Good Luck.
    Marta :)

46. Thank You from the bottom of my heart for pushing me to search out and reach beyond my comfort level. You are truly an inspiration to me and many others. Thank You!

47. ok, sooooo NEXT I want to see you on Dancing with the STARS!
    Reach for em, Stacy.
    Love ya
    (not)The end.

48. Stacy, thank you for sharing your wonderful insight. I know that this is the start of something BIG-GER for you. You go girl. We are right here. And know that you are too.

49. • Sad yet happy
    • Know BIG things are coming, even if they are little
    • Proud to call you my friend
    • I’ll never meet Oprah in real life, but that’s okay because I know you! (I always say you’re my Oprah!)
    • From core to SS and cku to BIG, you’ve inspired me for many years and I look forward to many, many more!
    Love ya! Deb

50. My friend and I got together today just so we could sit and talk about Photo Freedom and strategize about our own albums and photos (well and so our kids could play, but that’s not important!). We talked for a long time about your ideas and how much we love Photo Freedom and The Big Picture.
    I can’t imagine reading SS without seeing your face on the pages. That is going to take some getting used to. I have always felt that although they do have a great team, you are the heart and soul of the magazine. I call you “my hero” to many people I know.
    I’ll be watching and waiting to see what you come up with next. I’m sure it will be inspiring!
    Love and hugs!
    Tracie

51. One more thing…I don’t think I’ve ever told you this but I taught beginner’s classes for 3 years and your ideas are so much a part of what I believe about scrapping and how I approach it, that I would quote you often during my classes. It never failed that this “look” would come over the students faces like all of a sudden, they “got it!” Your ideas are so new to a beginner and it gives them so much freedom from the start. I loved getting people off on the right foot and I had so many people come back later and thank me and I’d always say, “it’s all from my hero, Stacy Julian” and show them SS mag. I recently spoke to my homeschool group about scrapping and once again, I found myself quoting you. I got so passionate talking about scrapping, I felt like I could preach! LOL! (We were in a church. heehee)
    I know you hear stories all the time but I don’t think you really realize how you’ve affected my life and so many others. Thanks so much Stacy.

52. Samantha Clarke says:

Hi Stacy wow what a descison, sad to here the news but equally happy for you, as with all the other posts thankyou for helping me realise that This Hobby is all about seeing things on the global scale, i have gained so many ideas for my own personal scrapping from reading SS magazine, reading your blog and also through your two books.
    I hope all your dreams come true, and i look forward to seeing all your amazing adventures unfold. One of my wishes before i leave this earth ( a long way off i know) is to meet a few key people that have inspired me and my direction in life, and you are definately one of the key people on my list. Hopefully i will get that pleasure.
    Hugs from Australia
    xxoxoxoxoxo:)

53. thank you for being real!
    you’re awesome!

54. Thank you for being YOU and inspiring so many of us in this wonderful hobby and LIFE! I wish you well in the future and hope that this will be a year of discovery, wonder and love for you.
    Sue

55. Michelle says:

My children will know the important stories and connections because you inspired me to step out of my chronological box. For that, I say a huge THANK YOU!
    Big Picture Scrapbooking renewed and rejuvanated my love for this hobby and LOM is currently helping me to put it all together in a way that is sustainable.
    Simple will not be the same without you, but I wish you the very best in your future endeavors!

56. Sharon F. says:

Congratulations to you Stacy. I know its a hard decision, but to make it and stand by it is important. Good luck in this next portion of your journey.
    sharon f
    oakland, ca

57. Stacy,
    The first time I met you, you made me cry. I was taking your class at CKU in 2004. In the class, you told the story about your grandmother’s pocketbook. My own grandma had died just a few months earlier and it reduced me to tears. (and I don’t do the sweet, gentle tearing up, more like the big, bawling make-a-scene type cry complete with strangers passing you tissues and looking at you like you’ve grown three heads.)Afterwards, I mentioned that I had four boys and you gave me a big hug.
    One lasting impact filled with tissues, hugs and way more energy than would seem possible in a morning class.
    Everything though was about connecting. So thanks to you for all the connections that you’ve provided, through whatever medium and best wishes through your next ventures. :)

58. Helena Machado says:

Stacy you have been such an inspiration not just to me but to many many people. Because of your outlook many people changed the way they saw scrapbooking and aren’t pressured to get “caught up” I only hope that you will keep up your blog I love to read what you have going on-inspiration wise or things you have done to cause a new inspiration. Good luck in what ever endevours you may take. :) Your family is very lucky to have you!!

59. Stacy
    Without you, I would not be in this scrappy happy place right now.
    I would still be slumped, head in the sand, pretending to be scrappin’ – but just not.
    Thanks to LOM (this current class) I am motivated, energized and inspired BY YOU not only in the scrap room but in my real life outside that room too.
    I cannot wait to see what you do next. I know it will be BIG.
    Oh & ditto to everything that has already been said here today – and probably will be said.
    You are one of those very gifted people that have the voice and the courage to use that voice in a way that inspires other people.
    Lucky, is what I am – to have found Stacy, SS & BPS.
    Karen

60. Jeannette Pierce says:

Stacy~ It sure can be hard to say goodbye to one thing but it helps when another door has opened. I hope that you have a peace in your decision to step aside as SS Editor. I know I have felt that peace from God in a few very important situations & it sure does make things a little easier.
    I too agree that you are a wonderful person, very inspiring and full of many God Given talents & gifts. You have helped me to take a more positive look at things & just be happy. And I’m hoping to get your newest book soon so I can feel the freedom from my photos & get back to scrapping like I used to. I am so far behind & feel guilty that I haven’t been using the stuff that I have & haven’t gotten pics in my childrens’ albums for quite some time, especially when they love the small albums that I do have done. They ask a few times a month to look at their scrapbooks (usually to replace their bedtime stories).
    Anyway, Thank you so much for all that you do in the lives of people that you’ve personally met & those of us that are virtual friends. :D

61. You are such an awesome woman. I am grateful to have taken 2 classes from you at CKU in 2003. Since then it has seemed that I’ve been drawn to your style of scrapbooking and preserving the memories of life. I took LOM last year and again was amazed at the insight you have on things. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. Can’t wait to see what you have for us in the future!

62. AngieLucas says:

Stacy, that was beautiful! Way to handle a sad and difficult decision with such grace and style and humility. Like we said, we’re going to miss you a ton, but we will NOT let you go away entirely. :-) We love you!!!

63. Whaaa you’re leaving SS?
    Seriously do what’s best for you, for your peace of heart and mind, i’m sure you’ll keep inspiring us one way or another, big hugs,Rosa.

64. Since first taking classes taught by you at CKU-WDW in 2003, I have always said that Stacy Julian is my hero. You were the first and ONLY person to say it’s ok NOT to scrapbook all your pictures. It’s ok to leave some in the box.
    I am happy for you and sad for the scrapbooking community. I believe you when you say it was a tough decision. You have been a HUGE force and it won’t be the same without you. Thank you for everything!!
    Good luck & God Bless!

65. (this may be a bit long) Stacy, I have JUST ‘discovered’ you!!! Or maybe I should say, ‘rediscovered’ you. I recall seeing the very first SS on a rack at my local scrapbook store and thought, “I can DO this!” It was what I was looking for! My VERY FIRST layout (and you know how hard that very first one is) was a scraplift from an SS issue. Wow, the accomplishment!Unfortunately life brings a little rain to us all and I was unable to scrap or pursue other creative outlets for years. I’ve finally realized, now being on the other side of those difficult times, that I NEED creativity. I NEED to scrap and create because it’s so good for my soul. It energizes me, it reminds me of all that is good, at how strong we can be, how gradious God is, how beautiful life is, how precious it is, as are those that we meet along the journey. I have always been drawn to your LOs. They are real and fun and so much of your journaling speaks to me. So to begin scrapbooking again I bought TBP about two weeks ago and already I am re-energized and my scrapbook room is infused with color! I’ve incorporated your color drawers (how awesome is that!?!) and your Family Fun album idea (whoo-hoooo). Today the UPS man delivered Photo Freedom and I can’t wait to open it up! Thank you, thank you, thank you Stacy Julian! you may never know how many of our lives you’ve touched or how deeply you’ve touched them. I wish you all the best and hope, in some way, you will continue to point us to those open doors! Susan
    —PS, My youngest daughter just pointed to your picture on the computer screen and said, “Isn’t that Princess Diana?”

66. Stacy, we live in the same town but have never met… I love reading your blog though! Like many others, I have been touched by your wonderful outlook and creativity! Thanks for all you have shared. Best of luck with whatever you choose to pursue next! :)

67. Pam Cooper says:

Wow, Stacy. I am so sad that you will be leaving SS. It is truly my favorite scrapbook magazine and I read it cover to cover each month. You have done so much for the industry! I know there is a great team in place and I’m sure they will continue moving in the right direction with the magazine. I participated in LOM last year and am participating again as alumni this year. It has totally changed how I scrapbook and made me love this hobby even more. The Big Picture and Photo Freedom are wonderful books and full of inspiration… I read them over & over. I hope you will continue BPS and that we will still see you in other aspects. I do understand your desire to do what you feel is right for you and your family and that is the most important thing of all. Good luck!
    Pam C.
    Waco TX

68. You are such an inspiration to everyone you touch. I know I sound presumptious to say that, but it is just so true. Thank you for all you have done for this wonderful hobby.
    And really, Dancing with the Stars next? Is a rumor starting?

69. I`m so sad to hear this turn of events! No Stacy in the SS Mag!!! As sad as that thought makes me…I know you have more in store and for that I eagerly and excitably sit on the edge of my seat, waiting! Having taken 2 CKC classes with you I must say you are bursting with enthusiasm, joie de vivre and are a great teacher…a giver who touches people to the very core…much like your beloved Mr. Rogers…Change can be good. Can`t wait to see what you bring next! I wish you much love and happiness.

70. Anastasia says:

Wow…our loss is another’s gain. I hope your journey continues to be all that you want it to be. Best wishes…

71. Stacy, you have such an amazing way with words and I just admire YOU and everything you have done for the scrapbooking world so much. It is because of people like you that scrapbooking isn’t seen as a “geeky” or “trivial” thing….which so many people mistake it for. Thank you so much for all you have done at Simple and I just wish you the best of luck in everything else that you will be persuing.
    Love ya!!
    Talia:)

72. Stacy, you’ve always been my favorite scrapbooker. I’m crushed that you’re leaving SS, but it’s good that you know your limits. All the best to you and yours! I hope you don’t give up your blog. It’s one of my favorites! I blogged about your new book the other day before realizing that you were leaving SS. It was a short and sweet post. Tonight I blogged about you again. Not so short, but still sweet ;-) Please pop over to read my tribute to you.
    Warmly, Stacy :-)

73. Katrina Brown says:

Wow, where to start? I began scrapbooking the day I walk into Pebbles in my pockets in Las Vegas, Nevada, on whim, but I can’t remember when I started. I think around 2002. I remember walking into the store in ah of all it offered to my creativity. I bought a few things not really knowing what I was doing. Toke it all home attempted to scrapbook and I just had one problem, how do I mat my photos. I’m a pretty smart woman or so I thought. A couple of days later I went back to the store for help and to my surprise it was even simpler than I ever could have imagined. See for some reason I made my matt more like a frame but I couldn’t cut it straight or line my frame with the photo. The scrapbook store sales lady nicely suggested I take a beginners class and have been scrapbooking ever since. Thank you Leslie.
    I scrapped (bought) for years almost every paper, every embellishment, every tool and gadget from every line. I own almost every magazine Simple, Scrapbook etc., Memory Maker, CK, Digital, Paper Crafts, remember Scrapbook Answers? I have tons of idea books. I’ve owned as many as three pricey photo printers at one time, hundreds of stamps, ribbons and fibers. Two digital cameras and taken ten of thousands of pictures. I have pizza boxes full of layouts from classes I had taken still without photos And two Rubbermaid containers full of class kits that are not finished. I have had a dedicated space for this hobby from the start. As a joke for fun, a friend and I added up the money we have spent on scrapbooking and it’s unspeakable. If someone broke in to my home, my scrap room represents more of my disposable income than any other room in my house. Did I mention that I used to be a VIP at two stores?
    All my life I had this thing about paper never fully grasping what paper meant to me or my creativity. I use to think I wanted to be a teacher because I liked paper so much, but my patience short. Then I believed I should have an office job of some type, I did and I was pretty good at it. I still was not happy. I like the freedom to be outside and not stuck behind a desk all day. Although I still don’t work around my love of paper. I do create. I ‘m an electrician I build things. I do create just not in a paper art sort of way. LOL. When I’m not at work, and in the summer, I take off with my children. I looked at my scrapbook stuff for hours. But never produced any layouts.
    So getting to the point of all this, After reading one apple green book, I thought BIG! After taking one online class at Bigpicturescrapbooking.com, I have a LIBRARY OF MOMERIES. I organize all of my things by COLOR which makes my scrapbooking effortless. After Meeting MY SCRAPBOOK GURU INSPIRER at my favorite scrapbook store. I don’t collect scrapbook papers, embellishments and gadgets anymore. I am no longer a VIP at any store. I don’t worry about my paper thing I just create. I Scrapbook memories of my family and friends that will last a lifetime. Not to mention I’m happier person now.
    I can’t speak for the rest of the scrapbooking world, only for me and my family!
    Thank you Mrs. Stacy Julian for all you have done for US!
    Wishing you well in all you do.
    Katrina Brown

74. Stacy, I wish you the best in your future scrapbooking endevours. You have been, by far, the most inspiring person in my ‘scrapbook career’. When I first read ‘the big picture’ it hit me hard, and it changed the way that i scrapbook. I’m loving the new book photo freedom as well – but the big picture, and your scrapbooking philosophy has changed so much about the way that i look at my scrapbooking and my process. you are truly an inspiration to me. good luck, and keep on bloggin!!!

75. I’m in shock right now! I love SS and read it over and over. I have never thrown away one issue. It’s an amazing magazine: it helped me learn to appreciate the small things; it makes me believe that my pages are amazing, too, and I don’t have to work at it for weeks, or add 100 layers, plus paint and stamps and rubons for it to be good; it made me step back and look at the THINGS in my life, the PLACES in my life differently; it makes me appreciate even more the relationships between distant relatives (grandparents, etc) and my kids; and it has made you, Cathy, and some of the other contributers feel like my family, especially since my husband is in the Air Force and I have not lived near family in almost 11 years. YOU made this magazine. Your heart and soul have been poured into it. I’m so grateful for that, and that I have had an opportunity to grow with the magazine, from the very first issue. THank you for starting it, for running with it, and for helping it to be the magazine it is today. And even though you claim you can’t do it all- you have done A LOT. And that is a great thing.
    Good luck in your future endeavors and I wish you well. Please keep contributing. Please keep blogging. Please continue inspiring us the way you have been for all these years!
    With much love and admiration,
    Nicky H in Alaska.

76. Stacy,
    As a current Close To My Heart Consultant and Executive Director with the company, I just want to say THANK YOU for your LIFE inspiration!!! I really look up to you as a positive role-model and leader in the scrapbooking industry and I know that you will continue to succeed in what ever you decide to do. Your humble beginning is an inspiration to me! Wishing you all the best and hugs!

77. Hi Stacey- just heard about your going in a new direction-i am deeply moved by your works- luv your Big Picture website and a grande fan of Simple Scrapbook magazine. I will always remember the enthusiasm and feeling of comfort after taking your class in CKU-Stamford, CT 2002- i still have a video of your slide show and look at it as often as i can. Your depiciton of colors and choice of music and feeling for the industry and how colors are selected each season was phenominal. Always wishing you all the best- keep turning out new creations, i know you will still be a force in the industry. A forever fan of yours. Hugs – Judy

78. Thanks for being such a terrific role model for all women everywhere, big and small. Thanks for being such a positive example of a LDS Woman living in 2008. You have really let your,
    “Light shine…”
    May God bless you in your new journeys with your husband, children, your talents and abundent gifts.

79. angelia says:

Thank you for sharing with us. Thank you for being a positive influence to so many of us, and for your beautiful smile, whenever we meet. I wish for you God’s richest blessings in all that you do,
    Angelia Wigginton

80. Stacy, I wish you the very best in your future endeavors. I LOVE Simple Scrapbooks and what you’ve done for it. I hope you plan on contributing an article or two. You will be missed, that’s for sure! Wishing you well.