solution for overripe bananas …

long overdue!

Banana Brownies
3/4 cup butter (soft)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
chocolate chips (I use about 1 cup?)

mix everything together, spread into a 9"x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
let cool and enjoy (don’t overbake — they look a bit "undone" sometimes, but will firm up)

note: recipe given to me by my friend JaNiese in Lewiston, Idaho

ok, seriously, you can get to the point where you can have these in the oven in 10 minutes and done in about half an hour — I love making these for after-school treats. Moist and yummy (no icing required)

Img_7763
Img_7765

Happy pictures for a rainy Monday. I’m finally going for a jog — talked to my sister this morning and we are signed up for a half marathon in CA in October — so I’m committed now.

Comments

1. Wow! Those look yummy. Too bad that all of my bananas are as green as green can be. Filing away for browner banana days.

2. I’m LOVING those dishes!! They make me happy and I have over ripe bananas I’m using tonight!!

3. jen in pa says:

oooh, which half are you doing in california? i love banana and chocolate, so i can’t wait to try those brownies.

4. The running will go great. Just follow a plan and increase gradually! :) It feels good to do it, if you haven’t before. Good luck! And after long runs, a good thing, thought you’d never think it, is chocolate milk! A small glass is a great source of protein! :)
    Hmm, that banana brownie would be good with a cold glass of white milk! :) Thanks for sharing!

5. That gorgeous colourful chair made me smile – thanks.

6. Thanks for the recipe. Perfect timing for me. I was going to make banana bread but will make this instead. LOOOOVE the dishes and the chair.
    Libby

7. I freaking LOVE THOSE DISHES!!! Where on earth did you find them?? They make me happy just looking at them.. and that chair too!!

8. I too was just wondering what to do with my ripe bananas as I didn’t want the traditional banana bread. Thanks Stacy :D

9. where oh where did those dishes come from? they are FABULOUS!
    good luck with the half marathon! I’m doing my first triathlon this summer :) gives you a bit of motivation to get going, doesn’t it?

10. oooh . . . are you doing the San Jose half marathon in October? I live an hour south of there, and I’m doing my very first ever half marathon (or anything even resembling that) in SJ in October!

11. Thanks for the recipe! Will try it soon!

12. Those brownies sound really good. Of course, any brownie sounds good to me! LOL
    Love that cute red chair!
    Sue

13. Considering those dishes are my happy colors, I do believe they are a requirement!!! Where are they from ??? Please do tell? And thanks so much for the much coveted and long-awaited brownie recipe!! Have fun running -
    Stacy

14. MMmmmm, made the brownies tonight and while they were baking I was watching tv (ok, ok, it was the news, I really don’t watch tv…) and slipping photos into my library binder.
    BTW, I would not recommend substituting whole wheat flour in the recipe. LOL! Maybe half would be all right. Hopefully the kids won’t notice…

15. Rebecca B says:

Thanks for sharing that recipe, Stacy! I made them tonight for FHE and everyone loved them. Well, almost everyone. My 3 year old wouldn’t even try them because he was grumpy, and my 2 year old wouldn’t eat her veggies first so she didn’t get any. But the rest of us LOVED them. My hubby asked where I got the recipe, and I just smiled and said from my favorite scrapbooker’s blog! :)

16. Allison Barnes says:

Thanks for the reminder of the banana brownies. I love those. You used to make them all the time! YUM!
    Miss ya,
    Allison

17. Glee Scrap says:

That Banana Brownie recipee sounds good, but it does’nt say how much chocolate chips to add…am I missing something? Thanks for “filling me in”….it must be “add as many chocolate chips as you have on hand….”.

18. Thanks for the recipe. I always seem to have these bananas at the end of the week. Will definitely try them out. Good luck with the marathon.

19. Terri Paulson-Sasaki says:

Okay, where did the dishes come from? Wonderful, yummy looking.

20. sue Treiber says:

I have a whole bunch of bananas, so this is perfect! We’d all rather eat chocolate than overripe bans!
    I love the chair-it’s colors make me happy :)

21. oh yeah!! i’ve got all the stuff to do these for desert tonight!!
    again, you’re awesome!
    thanks so much!
    suzanne

22. Holy Cow do those brownies sound good! Put one on those cute dishes and you have the perfect spring-was-just-kidding pick me up. Thanks for sharing all these happy things. They got me searching for some color and fun around me.

23. LambChop00 says:

Thank you for posting the recipe!! Yum! Love love love those dishes!! Definitely a happy picture for a rainy day.

24. Mmmmmmmmm…. Banana Chocolate Chip bars………. YUM!!!! I grew up with these bad boys and make them ALL the time!!!!! Never heard em called brownies before, but the recipe sounds the same!

25. Hey Stacy,
    Are you doing the Nike Women´s Half Marathon in October, if you are I will see you there!
    I met you in Calgary on the weekend, thanks again for the extra magazine, love it.
    Did you get out for a run around the reservoir? Truly the most beautiful run in Calgary.
    Thanks again!

26. Mmmmmmmmmmm…. banana chocolate chip bars…. YUMMMY!!!!!! I grew up eating these since before I can remember and ADORE them. Never heard them called brownies before. yum!

27. Hey Stacy,
    Are you running the Nike Half Marathon in October, if you are I will see you there.
    I met you in Calgary this past weekend, thanks again for the extra magazine, love it!!!!!
    Did you go for a run around the reservoir while you were in Calgary, one of the most beautiful runs ever.
    thanks again.

28. thanks for this recipe. i’m so glad you shared it. i was thinking i wanted to try it after seeing your LO in the LOM class. thanks.

29. Mmmmmmmmm… I love bananas!!Thanks for the recipe. Fast and fabulous! LOL!

30. Stacy, in the post below, the “my firstborn’s taller,” could you please please tell me about the shoes you are wearing? I need some and don’t know what they are. I noticed they weren’t the same as the Land’s End Mary Jane Trekker, which I don’t think I like as much. Would you be a shoe enabler once again? Please?
    Thanks!

31. Thanks for the great recipe! I am excited to try these. Can anyone give me a guess as to how many chocolate chips are needed? A small bag? Thanks!

32. Charmayne says:

Stacy~where are those plates, bowls, cups etc in the picture. I love the Aqua color scheme and the darling polka dots.

33. I thought of you – a color enthusiast – when I saw the new Martha Stewart Living magazine today. The May issue is “The Color Issue” and features a number of articles on color – just in case you’re interested.

34. Thanks for the great recipe! Made these yesterday afternoon for when my kids got home from school – and they loved them! (Me, too!) I put in probably a cup and a half of chocolate chips. I also wasn’t sure what size pan, so used a 7×11 – which was a bit small. I needed to bake them for close to 40 min. (But they still turned out fabulous!) A 9×13 would most likely be the preferred size. Anywho – thanks so much for a great recipe to add to our favorites!! Yum!

35. i can’t believe it, someone with happier dishes than my beloved exuberant fiestaware!

36. Too late for the bananas :0(
    Love the colors on your dishes!

37. I should go out for a jog tonight, too. My sister talked me into running a 10 mile race with her in August and I haven’t even started training! I hope you’re more disciplined than I am! LOL

38. Funny I have some over ripe bananas waiting to be made into something. This recipe sounds like it will be perfect for them. Thanks for Sharing!
    I can relate to the child that gets taller then it’s parent. But it was my daughter who did this, and I always feel so small next to her.

39. bevluvspooh says:

Sounds like you are doing the Women’s Nike Marathon. I didn’t get chosen. Was bummed that they did a lottery this year. You will love it, the course is beautiful but has some pretty good hills. Enjoy your Tiffany necklace at the finish line with some hunky men in tuxedos handing them out.