Winners!

Img_0421

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes! This is the one that greeted me upon entering the hotel room last night. These girls …

Img_0424

Cara, Lisa, Kate, Barb and Tara (Mega Meet team) found out yesterday (reading my blog) that it was my birthday and somehow, amidst everything else on their "last minute" to-do list managed to bake brownies, buy 1% milk and decorate my room — thanks girls!

Every time I do this (ask for insightful comments in reponse to a blog post) I think to myself, why do I do this? How on earth am I supposed to pick just five, or however many, and so I resort to random measures. But seriously, If you have fifteen extra minutes in the next day or two, PLEASE read through some of your posts. Your thoughts and ideas regarding scrapbook topics that matter and layouts that would float to the top, so to speak are phenomenal. They are phenomenal and they are universal in the themes they underscore — themes of people and personality and relationships and everyday life and change. Almost all of you spoke to some element or another of these basic themes.

I actually discovered in reading through most of your comments that four of you share my birthday and so, I’ve chosen to give Lisa’s book to you — Happy Birthday right back at ya!

btw … I grossly underestimated by ability to fly across the country and create and post a scrapbook page by end of day. I did make my list of 43 things that made me happy yesterday and I am working on my page in my hotel room, so if I get it done, I will take a quick pic and post it!

keep reading for the winners …

If you name is highlighted in red, you’ve won a copy of Lisa’s book. Email me and put BOOK WINNER in the subject line!

Happy Birthday! It is also my birthday, 37 today.
Something that makes my top 50 is celebrating and anticipating the birth of my first child, due this Nov.

Posted by: Heather Engstrom | 06 May 2008 at 06:56 PM

Okay, first of all, great day to have a birthday. I say this because
I was born on the same day 37 years ago. Does that count for a chance
to win a book. ;-)

One thing I have added to my list to
scrapbook is friends. All I seem to scrap are my kids. Don’t get me
wrong, I love doing that, but it would be neat to record some special
moments I have had with very special friends!!!!

Thanks,
Tina

Posted by: Tina | 07 May 2008 at 09:49 AM

Stacy,

Happy Birthday! Today was my birthday also – my 40th! Somthing that
would make my top 50 list actually happened tonight when my sweet
husband and 2 kids made a birthday dinner for me and gave me a
heartfelt handmade card. I wouldn’t have been happier celebrating my
40th birthday anywhere else in the world!

Posted by: Amy | 06 May 2008 at 05:55 PM

Happy Birthday, Stacy. Wishing you all the very best!!

Dang! I
should have checked out your blog yesterday. It was my b-day too! I
turned 44 yesterday May 6th! I love your idea to record 43 things that
you are happy about. Well 44 in my case. :) I think I’m going to make
that list today and just pretend that I did it yesterday – no one will
know the difference. But I’m going to try to document as many of them
as possible in pictures. I can already see the layout taking shape. ps.
Happy Birthday!

Posted by: Renee | 07 May 2008 at 09:11 AM

I’m giving the 5th copy to Velta, who is in my Library of Memories class, simply because I love what she says here: (yes, participation has it’s privileges)

One thing I like to scrap is turning points in my life. And my most
recent one is when I had the AHA! moment during one of your Adobe
presentations (you know, the Rob Thomas, hankie-grabbing one?). Letting
go of chronology has literally brought so much color into my life and
my scrap-booking–my brain is overflowing with the story I really want
to tell. So, I’d scrap a picture of me at the dining room table with my
triage drawers and Pioneer albums..and a BIG smile on my face!

Posted by: Velta W. | 06 May 2008 at 05:58 PM

And, truly … there are so many amazing comments, here are just a few that I LOVED. If the following people will email me — I’ll send you some happy mail. Put HAPPY MAIL in the subject line.

"A fistfull of crabapples" – this is one of the moments I always
tell myself I need to scrapbook as I drive by our crabapple trees. When
my son, who is now 10, was a toddler, he would always have a fist full
of crabapples from our tree when he went outside. No matter what may
have not been going well that day, it always brought a smile to my face
when I opened that tight clenched fist to find those crabapples. We had
crabapples on the porch, in drawers, in toyboxes – you get the idea.

Anyway, Happy, Happy Birthday! Rest, Relax, and Enjoy!!

Posted by: Catherine | 07 May 2008 at 08:03 AM

Hi!

I just did a layout titled "Mean Mommy." It has pictures
of my son sitting in the corner (he’s 3) and very angry with me because
he was in trouble for doing something naughty. This page, and these
moments, matter so much to me because I know that these moments will
help define who he is, and how he treats people. I want him to grow up
with empathy, compassion, and kindness, and if I let him behave however
he wants that won’t happen. So this is a one page layout with pictures,
and half the page is journaling, about how I hope he’ll realize one day
that that’s why he was in trouble. ;)

~Brooke

Posted by: Brooke | 07 May 2008 at 09:40 AM

happy birthday!!!!! One of my top 50 would be the moment when 12 of
us in my family shaved our heads to support my dad in his battle with
cancer. We lost him 3 weeks later, but the memories of that day and the
strength of the family who did it and the love of the man we lost will
last forever

Posted by: Lori | 06 May 2008 at 06:51 P

Comments

1. just read the compendium book “five” thanks for recommending it.

2. Happy “belated” Birthday!
    May you enjoy your time here in Michigan.

3. Awesome! Congrats to all of you who won the book and shared a lovely birthday with Stacy! When I posted yesterday I read a bunch of posts near mine and was so impressed with all the ideas and memories. Way to go everyone.
    Sue

4. Laurie says:

Stacy, it was such a delight to meet you last night! Thanks for your inspiring presentation, and your fun approach to capturing what is important in our daily lives. Back to reality today…but I am taking your books to share with my colleagues at our meeting, and hope to pass on some of your inspiration. At the very least, I will share the Miss Matched Socks story, because I totally agree that there are a lot of 43 year old women in the world who would love more FUN in their lives! That really resonated with me, and made me grin. I need some of those socks.:-)
    Have a safe trip back home, and I hope you really enjoy your stay in Michigan. I’ll send you some of the pics I took last night later today.

5. Happy belated birthday….I love may birthdays…of course…mine is May 15th. I’ll be 48. I can’t believe it…2 more years and I turn 50! I have a 12 year old and a nine year old. I fell like a kid with there with them.
    Love your blog…
    Lydia from Ohio

6. Lynnette says:

Stacy,
    I really enjoyed your the Opening Ceremony Presentation – all the personal stories you share really resonate with me – all of us are dealing with the same issues! I have been reading “Talent is not Enough” by John C. Maxwell your presentation just reinforced what I have been reading! I really enjoyed the Finish Line class – talk about liberating, so many of use just can’t create freely, we have set-up such big expectations for ourselves and you know when we really simplify like we did in the class, we are still create and we are successful!!! Great job! We enjoyed having you and Casey in Michigan – we would LOVE to have you back anytime! Keep up the good work with BPS – I am taking Kolette’s Becoming More class right now which is also reinforcing your talk and Talent is not Enough – I’ve got a theme going on here and I’m definitely going to do something about it!!! Love ya! Lynnette

7. Stacy….I am so glad that I got a chance to meet you…at the mega meet…opening ceremonies…and thank you for your inspirational words….they meant alot to me….Staci

8. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Look forward to checking your blog every day and can’t wait to sign up for next years LOM class! Also going to do a list like yours on my birthday coming up soon! Tracy

9. Michelle R says:

You mean it was your birthday the day you were teaching the class at the megameet and none of us in the class knew it? Well Happy Birthday a day late. I want you to know that I came home from the megameet and finished my album, well I have to do the cover. Everything else is done!!! Thanks to your photo freedom book and your great class, I am inspired to scrap. I haven’t done a page in months and yesterday I completed an album. WooHoo!!!! Thanks for motivating me. Now I have to go find your big picture book. I am inspired.
    Michelle

10. Jacoba Leyenhorst says:

Hi Stacy – I just had to write and wish you a belated birthday – I could hardly believe that we also share a birthday! (I just turned 31, as my boys like to loudly announce to everyone). It’s always fun to discover that you share a birthday with someone you admire! :) BTW, did you know that we also share a birthday with Sigmund Freud? I got teased about that one a lot, as I studied psychology at school. Anyways, congrats, see you at LOM.