back in the saddle.

I hope.
I had such an wonderful experience on Friday. I traveled to a retail store, Treasured Memories in Oak Park, CA. Molly, a graduate of Library of Memories 2007 put together a support group of current LOMers centered at the store. They scheduled "stuffing parties" (think storage binders) and met on several occasions to simply talk in person about the lessons and their progress — and let's be honest, they helped each other through the tough spots and worked through the frustrations and obstacles too!
Img_3569_2

I knew it would be enjoyable, but I vastly underestimated the thrill of meeting students face to face and getting to hang out with them. They created a photo-album scrapbook for me that tucks inside an adorable little purse. I promise to tell you more later.

On my way home I was attacked by a killer virus — left me so foggy I even missed my flight home.
I read the book, Creating a Charmed Life on the way home. Nancy (Cloud 9 Design) sent it to me, and I LOVE it. If you've read it, leave a comment — in my opinion, this is one that every woman should have on or near her nightstand, quick uplifting, validating read.
Book
and the cute mug — from Nancy too.
Thanks my friend.

all is well.

Comments

1. that book is definitely on my wis list.. hope u are feeling better stacy.. and guess what? Hubby and I have moved this past weekend fr MN to ND… so once my sb studio is set up.. I’ll be able to continue working on my LOM.. I can hardly wait!
    hugs
    bonnie

2. that book is definitely on my wis list.. hope u are feeling better stacy.. and guess what? Hubby and I have moved this past weekend fr MN to ND… so once my sb studio is set up.. I’ll be able to continue working on my LOM.. I can hardly wait!
    hugs
    bonnie

3. Michelle Webb says:

Stacy-
    What an amazing time we had with you on Friday at Treasured Memories. Our little support group is still basking in the afterglow!!! Thanks again for taking time out of your schedule. We all left so inspired!
    -Michelle

4. Stacy~
    Thanks so much for spending time with our Treasured Memories LOM support group. We all had such a fun time and we can’t stop talking about it! Meeting you was the icing on the cake (or brownie)! LOM has inspired me to take my scrapbooking to the next level. I can’t wait to add you to my “famous people I have met” page… Enough for now, I need to get back to my photo stuffing…
    Fondly,
    Marcy

5. Gioconda says:

It was so great to meet you on Friday. And to say you have inspired me is not enough. I have been thinking about your words all weekend. Thank you for visiting us! Hope you’re feeling better.
    Gioconda

6. Melinda says:

This is a treasure of a book. I love all of Victoria Moran’s books. In fact, I just picked up “Charmed Life” to re-read a few weeks ago. So glad it found it’s way to you. Definitely should be required reading for all women.
    I am also in your LOM class, and loving it. Thanks so much for all you do. Feel better!!
    Melinda

7. cute sweater! Do tell where you got it!

8. Michele says:

Yes, it’s a great book. I bought it about 5 years ago. I really need to pull it out and read it again! :)

9. love your sweater – it’s so YOU!

10. I love this book- my favorite is #4- Play your Free Square. So many women discount the wonderful things that they do easily, even when others would struggle with them. I really try to remember to play my free square, and I encourage my kids with that one, too.

11. Valerie says:

Stacy,
    I read this book quite awhile ago. Thank you for the reminder because I remember loving it and giving it as gifts for quite a while. Another book I read YEARS ago I wish the auther would update is “Living a Beautiful Life” by Alexandra Stoddard. She also shares your love of color!!
    I sure hope that virus stayed in CA and no one else in your family will be sick!!
    Valerie

12. I read this book several years ago and then coincidentally met the author when she came for a booksigning at the store where I planned events. She’s a very gracious person (which, sadly, is not always the case with authors!). She has a friend who I also had a booksigning for, and I think you’d like her book, too. It’s Ice Cream for Breakfast: If You Follow All the Rules, You Miss Half the Fun by Leslie Levine. It’s a very fun book.
    I’m so glad you’re feeling better! I love your class and the personal attention that you give. You rock!
    Deanna

13. SueLynn says:

It was great meeting you Friday. You are truly inspiring! Thanks for all you do. So glad you are feeling better.
    -SueLynn

14. sara lambert says:

I have just ordered this book, had to get it second hand as couldn’t find it new !

15. You had a good weekend, except for that virus thing, didn’t you? The group sounds like it was awesome, your sweater is cute and I must find that book to read. Feel better.
    Sue

16. glad you are feeling better :)

17. oh that’s a great book! thanks for the reminder, i need to pull my copy out again and put it on the nightstand.

18. It was wonderful meeting you Stacy. Still doing my “Happy Dance” every time I think about it. Hope you feel better soon and thank you for your inspiring words and for helping me to think outside the scrapping box!

19. Thanks for coming to visit us in CA, Sacy! I’m still doing my “happy dance” every time I think about how inspiring you were. Thanks to you my scrapping is no longer just about the paper and the photo placement. Feel better soon!

20. Stacy-
    can i tell you how much i love the green polka dot sweater on you???
    where on earth did you find it??
    hugs, Stacy

21. I read this book about 8 years ago and I LOVED it! It’s such a great little gem for keeping some perspective! Another book that I read that same year (2000 – I’m a list maker and have this on my computer just waiting to become a layout!!) as that one that I think is worth a read is Attitudes of Gratitude. I’m glad to see that you are posting because that surely means you are feeling a bit better! xoxoxo, L

22. Hi Stacy,
    If you’ve answered this question before, I apologize, but I have WAY TOO MUCH memorabilia. It’s “organized” in wire baskets, one each for my two sons and a general one for the family. Perhaps you (and anyone else with experience here) can make suggestions for me as to what to get rid of…I know this is a personal decision but I’m being overrun by ticket stubs, concert programs, drawings, etc. My work space is a mess. Help, please!
    PAM

23. I’ve read it and it’s one of my favorites, too! Glad you discovered it!

24. Kathryn says:

This book is so lovely; I’ve had it for a long time now and gave it to my younger sister as a gift shortly after discovering it. I added a few post-it notes to the ideas I liked the best before I wrapped it. On a trip to visit with her last fall I saw the book on her nightstand and asked about it. She said she loved it and the notes I tucked inside. She has since purchased many of Victoria Moran’s books.
    The ideas are gentle and attainable leaving you serene – not frazzled. I agree that every woman should have a copy.

25. I totally own that EXACT same sweater. ha. so fun! :)

26. This is wonderful!
    MY co-blogger Ruth linked here. I’m so glad she did. :)
    Best,
    Stacey at Two Writing Teachers

27. Jeannette P says:

That’s cool that you were able to visit the Treasured Memories LOM group. I’ve seen a pic of some of the women on Tamara’s blog. When she posted about them last month I wrote to her telling her I thought that was a really cool thing to do to keep things going and help each other out. The scrapbook in a purse they made you looks realy cute.
    Oh and I had to tell you a cute & funny thing. We recently purchased new very real looking baby dolls (check out La Baby Nursery 20″ dolls) for our 3 children. Our almost 6 yr old, Gabby, put some of her preemie clothes on her doll. Anyway, she picked out the one she wanted at Walmart and when she was coming up with the name she decided to name her Addy. She came up with the name because she was thinking about Daddy & then she said if she dropped the D off she’d be left with Addy. I told her that was a beautiful name and said maybe we should look the meaning up in the name book before we made it official. The meaning is Chosen. Gabby asked what chosen meant and when I explained it to her, she cried out, “That’s perfect because I chose her!!!” So now we have an Addy at our house too, though ours will never get any bigger.
    I thought that Addy was a nice name for your little girl and that it was a family name which makes it special but for it to mean CHOSEN, that’s even more perfect for her. I think that God chose her to be with you and your family as well as you all chose for her to be with you. Simply Sweet!

28. Marta Valdes says:

Stacy,
    It was a pleasure meeting you on Friday, with our LOM Group. We all had so much fun. We are still talking about the experience. Your lecture was very inspiring, with AHA! moments for me. I am still talking to people about it and they are still looking at me like I am CRAZY. I absolute love the LOM class and I intend to take it again next year. For a refresher course, I want to make sure I didn’t miss anything. The LOM Class has given me the enjoyment back in my scrapbooking, as well as taking pictures. I take pictures of things that have meaning in my life. I can go on and on and on…thank you very much. I am glad you are feeling better.
    Marta – LOM 2008

29. Hope you’re feeling better now. It wasn’t Roma tomatoes, was it?

30. Jeannette P says:

Sorry I just realized that you spell your Addie’s name with ‘ie’ instead of a ‘y’. I was telling my sister the story about how Gabby came up with the name for her doll and she said that she had recently told her dh that if they were able to have or adopt a girl that she was thinking of Adeline (family name, didn’t realize it until she said it yesterday), and to call her Addy or Addie.
    Hope you are feeling better.

31. Kim Fetrow says:

I LOVE this book. So many great tips. This is one you should read once a year.
    Stacy you inspire so many of us. I just got my 2 boxes of file drawers from Staples today and I am so excited to get started on my library of memories.
    Thank you for all you’ve given to those of us who enjoy remembering the little things.
    Kim

32. Hi Stacy!! Just sending a smile and a hug your way.
    Tracie :)

33. Michelle says:

I have not read this book yet but it looks like I should put it on my list. Thanks for passing in the information!