WOW! + winners

I got up an extra hour early so I could sit here uninterrupted and savor the amazing response to my little challenge. Can you imagine if every woman in the world had a little "present" in her purse, a little something to pull out and look at on the bus, in the school parking lot, in line at the grocery store … I think there would be a greater degree of gratitude, of patience, of satisfaction and of happiness.

Thank YOU. thank you to all of my blogging friends and to YOU and to everyone who is taking this challenge to heart.

So, here's what I want to do (as of this morning, because I'm so blown away.) When YOU complete your present mini album, email me a link to your blog or a photo of you holding it. I am going to set up an additional photo album and page of links on the left of my blog (under MY PRESENT) to collect the responses. I want it to just live here, until next year … as a reminder of what we are committing ourselves to. Please put "present book" in the subject line of your email and include your first name and city, state and country.

Now, for my give away. I have gone back and marked the first fifty comments with a "WINNER" Please check your comment and email me "present winner" and I'll get your mini-album in the mail to you. As a matter of reference, anyone posting before Laurie (at 4:25 a.m. PST) is a winner. I realize that  the vast majority of people west of the Mississippi were not really eligible, so I've drawn an additional 10 comments. Click below to see if your name/post is listed and then email me your addy too!

btw. I'm so excited for this. Starts today!!

OK. I'm off on a quick trip with my hubby to run my half marathon (in Big Sur, CA) and yes, I will post pictures of Jenna's wedding and little Addie flower girl (very soon)

I actually made it in the first 50 comments? I SO want to do this. I
haven't scrapbooked in forever (LONG STORY). This is the perfect thing
for some new goals I have set for myself. Thanks to Heidi Swapp, I
found this post & blog! I won't have it finished today, obviously.
But it looks like a wonderful project for this weekend. Especially with
a little Bazzil Basics minibook. That's awsome & perfect to keep on
my desk at work.

Posted by: Yvonne Michelle | 01 October 2008 at 10:24 PM

Just started scrapbooking and would love to do this. I'm getting bogged
down in the drudgery of my job and think this would truly make me
realize the important things in my life!

Posted by: Amy L | 01 October 2008 at 06:58 PM

I've looked at everyone's blog that participated and I feel inspired to
give this a try. I'm bookmarking you right this minute, and tomorrow is
my "today"!

Posted by: Kriss Cramer | 01 October 2008 at 05:02 PMI am definitely on
board to do this. I think the message is so important. I have been
pretty stressed out lately and keep trying to remind myself of how
fortunate I am. Projects like this keep me grounded in the knowledge
that my life is indeed pretty good!

Thanks!

Posted by: rebecca keppel | 01 October 2008 at 02:46 PM

What a wonderful idea. I am doing this *today*! Look forward to seeing
this unfold, but mostly just excited to do something so fun, so doable,
so interesting right now. Thanks, Stacy.

Oh yeah, can I just tell you how much I want a brownie anytime I visit your blog?! :)

Posted by: alyssa | 01 October 2008 at 02:01 PM

I missed the top 50 but I'm definitely doing this. I'm printing off
your suggestions as I write this. What a fun interesting project. I
hope to get my scrapping friends to join in this as well.

ieajudy
Posted by: Judy Walker | 01 October 2008 at 01:09 PM

I am sitting here grading 89 essays from my 8th graders and am struck
by how often they live in their moments! I have taught a long time but
only today have their words resonated with me. The essay topic, My
Self, was interpreted in 89 different ways and all of them are genuine,
authentic, and deeply personal. It's the kids who taught the lesson
today!

I'm lucky to have such good teachers…

Posted by: Terri | 01 October 2008 at 12:34 PM

Stacy,
Thank you so much for such a great idea to literally stop and take the
time to look at our lives. I was just thinking earlier today about how
I need to get so many things completed at work today and then leave
early to pick up my daughter and get to my son's football game, then
leave it early to get my daughter to her soccer practice, pick up my
son after his game, etc. Meanwhile there are so many great times and
memories occuring but it is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and
bustle of our lives that we forget to appreciate all that is actually
happening during this beautiful time of the year. Thanks so much for
your never ending inspiration!

Posted by: Connie | 01 October 2008 at 11:18 AM

This ties in perfectly with the Week in the Life over on Ali Edwards
blog. I am working on the pictures for that, so this little pocketbook
album will be a bonus! I love the idea of keeping it in my purse!
Thanks Stacy!

p.s. I also bought myself a few supplies this morning, so that is a bonus present!

Posted by: EmmaJ | 01 October 2008 at 08:59 AM

My name is Cindy and I ACCEPT your challenge!!!!! :-)

Posted by: cindy b | 01 October 2008 at 08:46 AM

I have wanted to do an album of my own for a very long time but never
felt like it was a priority. A friend shared this website with me and
now I want to do this one.
Thank you!!!

Posted by: Penni Warren | 01 October 2008 at 08:09 AM

Comments

1. This is soooo fun!

2. Denise Hubbard says:

ok

3. I rarely finish projects like this but I DID IT! I did all mine digitally but it was fun. I just have to print it and get a mini album for it. Thanks for the inspiration.

4. my mini is up on my blog

5. I can’t see winners. Grace

6. Can’t see winners…. :) mart

7. Check your original comment on Oct. 1 to see if you are a winner. The 10 random winners are above.

8. What a great idea!!! Just found out today so I’m a couple days late. I’m running out to get a book and take pics tomorrow :)

9. Julie Johnson says:

Can’t see the 621 comments or winners?

10. What a great idea!!!! I have completed the album now just have to take and add the photos.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    M

11. I’m up for this challenge (who am I kidding…I am always up for a present!) But, as usual I am a day late and a dollar short, I didn’t get on the computer yesterday…but I’m not too lucky in contests (in life, yes, but not in contests) so I probably wouldn’t have won anyway. That being what it is…where can I purchase one of those cute mini books? Can I pick one up at Michael’s or do I need to get on line???? Stacy…or someone…please let me know asap! Thanks!

12. great idea! I just finished a baby mini album with mixture of scrappin’ and stampin’. Gave it to a friend this morning when she delivered her baby boy #3!

13. I can’t see winners either – it will only show a few of the comments…can’t read all 628 entries. I would love to know if I made it into the 50!

14. fun? what trying to find out who one? I can’t find a thing…but I guess I’m not the only one..

15. Can’t see winners either…Just dying to know if I won!!! :)

16. Shelly Kettell says:

Good luck in Big Sur!!! We have our Triathalon here (Montrose, CO) tomorrow A.M. and it’s rainy and dropped 20 degrees! Go runners and athletes!

17. I can’t see the winners list?

18. I just found this site and I love it! I want to email Stacy but my computer is wacko at the moment and I can’t use the “email me” link. Does anyone know what the email address is? I’d appreciate any info. Thanks!

19. Stacy: I am creating this over the weekend. Learned about it via Ali’s link and it is just the right size project (with the right intentions) that I can handle just now. Thank you so much for the idea and the motivation. — Molly

20. You made a mini book monster out of me! I have done the This is Life Now book, but also little wedding book and my told the story of my son’s first haircut – which was today! BTW- how do you display your mini books in your house?

21. I just love ths “present”:) and decided to play along. You can see my pictures over on my blog now I only have to print them and put them in a minibook :) thank you for this awesome idea! love from Holland, Judith

22. Stacy:
    I Love this so much. Thank you for the prompt; it’s so very valuable.
    I’m not able to use your email link either. My computer preferences go to the wrong ISP.
    I’d be honored to have my project included with your accumulated list. Here’s the link:

23. Stacy, thanks for the inspiration to make this album:
    I am not used to scrapping about myself!