While it is still November 4th, 2008 …

I want to go on the record and say that I am incredibly proud to be an American and witness this historic  day.
20080205_obamaparty2_33

I may not agree with all of Senator Obama's stated positions, but I am absolutely struck by his vision, his passion and his obvious good heart. Congratulations to President-Elect Barack Obama and his entire campaign.

WOW.

Comments

1. I agree Stacy—wow!!

2. Beautifully put!

3. I am so happy and so so so proud to live in this wonderful country!!
    Huzzahs from a Norwegian in WA :)

4. Ditto!! VERY inspirational!
    So bittersweet that on what is probably the happiest and most significant day of his life, he is also mourning the loss of his grandmother at the same time. SO sad that she could not live just ONE more day to witness such a special event!

5. yes.good morning america.good morning world.
    as a french girl, I’m proud that you guys voted for a change :)
    this is good, my friend. this is good. :)

6. I couldn’t stay awake last night to see the final numbers come in, but I did watch the video of his victory speech this morning and was moved to tears (that’s a feat considering everyone tells me I’m so pragmatic). So here’s to America – YES WE CAN!!!

7. Rachel Smith says:

WOW says it all. I am more proud of my country today than I have been in a long long time!!

8. Me too!!!!

9. Stacy, I don’t want to say anything negative because I am sure my comment won’t make it to the blog. But how can you say that he has a good heart when he is pro abortion, even at full term. Everyone talks about the rights of women, but what about the right of the baby. For someone as pro children as you, even someone who adopted a baby from China who might have been aborted, I am surprised to see such a blatant support of Obama. It is your blog and you are free to do what you choose, and you can always say to me “get over it” don’t read it. But I am very surprised. Good heart? I don’t really think so.

10. I agree with Jeane.
    I bet your Mormon friends and relatives are surprised at you as well.
    I am really shocked Stacy.

11. I agree with most on here! We needed a change! It isn’t in our hands or even Obama’s, it is in God’s hands…. Just pray for our leaders and that they will look to God!

12. WOW is right. I’m excited to see what will happen next in our great country.

13. I am so thrilled that my children can witness this in their young lives and know all is possible when you put your mind and heart into something!
    I’m so proud today and am still getting teary over this amazing event!
    YES WE CAN!!! :-)

14. Kimberly A. says:

Stacy,
    Thank you for having the strength of conviction to share your feelings today- no matter how each side is feeling like both candidates stated we all need to come together- we are after all the United States of America. We can do it.
    Ever since the numbers came in last night, after Obama’s moving speech, my brain keeps playing U2′s
    “It’s a Beautiful Day”, and I believe it truly is.

15. Good heart? He sat under a ‘pastor’ that preached hate for America and white people. Blamed America for 9-11! He is a radical and talks a good talk. He is friends with Ayers, Rescoe, & Fharakan! I am glad for people to see a black president but NOT this guy! I am praying for this country!

16. Well put Stacy. While I could not vote for Obama because of my own personal convictions, today he is our president-elect. I do pray for Godly wisdom and insight as he leads our country the next 4 years. Polital preferences aside, his election is historical.

17. I do not agree with Obama at all and am saddened that he has been elected as our President.
    Les

18. Betty Weaver says:

I can not believe some of the comments I am reading… I usually just read and don’t post but can’t let these go.
    Regardless of my personal feelings about the President Elect I did not see a ‘rousing’ endorsement of him in Stacy’s entry. I saw a woman who, like McCain, realizes whatever she may personally believe the only way this country will move forward is for all of us to pull together. Not to continue finger pointing and negativity.
    I too pray for this country perhaps for different reasons than some of you but pray none the less that the new leaders cease the partisianship that has pulled it apart in the past and that some of their personal beliefs (abortian, animal rights – very different from animal welfare, anti hunting etc) are tempered by what is best for this country as a whole. That the time of personal agendas in our top offices are a thing of the past. But most of all that our personal freedoms remain intact and allow us to own a dog or cat, go hunting if we choose among others. There are many out there that want to tell you what you can do in your own home with your own property those are who we should be ‘fighting’ with.

19. Stacy – thanks for having the guts sharing your thoughts. No matter what your beliefs or political convictions are, history was made. I don’t understand why people need to post negative comments here.

20. Connie F. says:

Very well put, Stacy. And good for you for stating your feelings – we are all entitled to our own opinions/beliefs and shouldn’t put someone else down for saying what they feel. I didn’t fully agree with all of either candidate’s positions, but if we all work together, we will move forward to a better tomorrow.
    I am very proud to be an American too!

21. i concur. i think no matter who you voted for obama should be congratulated. i think it’s important that we all see this outcome as something God ordained to be and His way is always best.

22. Well put Stacy. There are going to be those who can’t get past the end of the nose on their faces. And apparently some who only read headlines and didn’t seek the facts before speaking but the bottom line is the votes are in and Obama spoke to the souls and intellect of more people. I will be so happy when we can move past the colors…….red, blue, black and white and work united for our country………oh,isn’t Obama half white?
    Donna

23. I think it’s a historic moment and we should be proud and and happy we lived to see this day!! No matter who you supported, you should feel lucky you were alive in this moment! I am so happy we live in a country where hope and opportunity is alive.

24. America is truely a unique and blessed place. Hope we can all come together and continue to prove that to ourselves, our children and the world.

25. I hate to see the negativity in the comments here. Thank God we have a President elect who doesnt think that “victory” in Iraq is necessary!

26. i’ve been told that you are either building something up or tearing something down with your words.
    i comend You, Stacy for building something up, we are in need of that right now and the days ahead.
    Being a person of color myself i am very proud to be an American today and so thrilled for my daughter who witnessed this pivotal time in our history. Politics aside, for the african-american community this is Huge. i hope that this has pepole see that anything is possible if you work hard ( not just willing to work hard, but actual roll up your sleeves work.) and believe in yourself and the people that support you.

27. Very well put Stacy!

28. I also am very proud to be an American today. Obama’s speech was inspirational and brought a tear to my eye. I am very excited about what lies ahead with this new direction in which our country is headed.

29. My daughter is 7-years-old. We are in the process of adopting a 7-year-old girl from Ethiopia (we are caucasian if it matters). This morning when my daughter woke up she came to my room and jumped on my bed and said,
    “Mommy – it is so cool that Sadie is going to come to America soon and when she gets here she will see that she can do ANYTHING she wants…”
    She was SO proud that her sister is getting to come to a country where it doesn’t matter what color your skin is, whether you are a man or a woman, it doesn’t matter. You work hard, you are successful. I am proud of my daughter for seeing that, I am proud of this country, and I can’t wait to bring our new little girl home – here – to the USA!

30. This was such a graceful post. I know that so many of my friends and family disagree with the way the election turned out, but I appreciate your note so much! It is really statements like these that give me the most hope that we will come together again.

31. Yes, Stacy. Wow! Political posts take alot of courage – so “wow!” to you too.
    I studied long and hard on my decision Tuesday. I looked deep into my heart, and Obama was not my choice.
    But as both he and McCain said, he is my president. This is my country. I will stand behind them both.
    I was awestruck Tuesday night by the sheer enormity of the history that was made. Yes. We can. And, yes. We did.

32. Leann Ballard says:

Running on a platform of change is what is so offensive to me. What on earth is SO wrong with America that all we had to hear was that he would change our country. My family loves America and are SO proud of all that means. Unfortunately too many people in this country bought into his more government platform and I too pray that we will not become a socialistic society. I am shocked by your comments.

33. Let me go on record as saying you are incredibly misinformed and stupid.

34. Brava, Stacy, for your bravery…I am impressed, but not surprised, to be reminded of YOUR grace and good heart…Tuesday was a miraculous and powerful day for America…passion and vision will always win the day. After 8 long years of of fighting against intolerance, greed and lies, I am finally looking forward to working for a bright and meaningful future for all our children.

35. i am trying to add you as a follower..but i cant seem to find the button..anyway i lvoe scrapbooking but havent done many!! yours looks great!

36. You are brave to make a political statement here on your little scrapbooking blog. Are you so proud of your country because we have elected a black candidate, or are you proud because we have elected a liberal lunatic who will tax us into oblivion? Color shouldn’t matter, although I doubt there would have been so much media support for a conservative black candidate. I’m still grieving for our country and all the little babies who will be left to die in hospital linen closets because they survived an abortion. Be careful what you wish for.

37. Jennifer W. says:

Thank you, Stacey for being brave enough to put yourself out there. I am very sorry that there are people who will declare you “stupid” because your thoughts and opinions are different than theirs.
    Regardless of your political opinions — it is nothing short of amazing that we live in a country where we can all pick our leader.
    Thank you again and please disregard the mean and nasty comments.

38. Sherri P eh says:

I spend way too much time reading blogs, but I enjoy those I do visit. If I find that I’m no longer enjoying them, for whatever the reason, I no longer visit them. But I would never insult, criticize or put down those bloggers for stating something I didn’t agree with, or revealing something of themselves that I didn’t like. I just stay away. I’m sorry Stacy that some people felt it necessary to leave mean comments instead of just going away. You’re not stupid! Not at all!!

39. MaryRuth Francks says:

I’m sad that due to that anonymity of the internet people think that it’s ok to be rude, disrespectful and leave hateful comments.

40. Jeannette P says:

I am in shock after reading the comments left on your blog. It is one thing to disagree and have one’s own opinion but to be completely rude, hateful, and insensitive is unnecessary. While I don’t agree with all of Obama’s stated positions, the people of our country have spoken and Obama was elected. I am praying for God to guide him in all he does just as I have been praying for each & every president we have had so far.

41. Rachel Smith says:

Stacy, I wish that every American could feel the way you do about the next president. The negativity I have been reading on many blogs is disheartening. As a Democrat, I do understand the frustration of having voted for someone whose ideals you believe in but who did not win in the end. However, I think this is a change for the better for this country and the world, and it is nice to see people who did not vote for Obama to acknowledge his wisdom, his sincerity and his promise! I am so proud to be an American at this moment in history!
    Thank you!

42. I’m proud too!!

43. I think that regardless of your political opinions, you have to admit that it is amazing that there is an African American president, when not that long ago they were slaves in the country. (Just the opinion of a Canadian…for what it’s worth).

44. Oh, and wow that’s brave of you to voice any political views on your blog. It seems like such a conterversial issue in the US.

45. I too am hopeful that our country can now start to rebuild in a more positive and progressive manner. My joy for President Elect Obama has also been mixed with sorrow for the many (which was surprising to me) extremely hateful comments his non-supporters have not only posted on the net but also in the constant negative emails I’ve seen. I pray that this country can get past their disappointment of McCain not getting elected and start working TOGETHER. It is wonderful that you posted what you did and that there are so many of your fans that supported you in doing so! I love your work and you personal views. They are YOURS and we should all respect them, and each other’s.