Watch This.

It's day one of my version of The Creativity Project and I found the perfect "Sunday" thing to kick off my month-long commitment.

I have long felt that creating is an extension of my spirituality. I'm not saying that every time I make a scrapbook page I experience unspeakable emotion, but I do believe that when I get caught up in the "FLOW" of the creative process and lose track of time, I become aware on a new level. I get lost in thoughts that for me are only accessed during sustained creativity and I experience a deeper connection to my true self — my soul.

Every year the women in my church gather to hear council and encouragement from our leaders. Last September, I sat with several of my friends listening and was surprised and delighted to hear Elder Uchtdorf talk about creativity. I was so touched by his words and I have thought several times that I should share them on my blog … well, I just came across these cool YouTube videos, designed to share uplifting gospel messages. These are relatively new and guess which talk has already been featured? The ONE I loved so much last fall …

Do me a favor, whether you consider yourself spiritually inclined or not, or creative or not … Watch This!

I get chills every time. I know we all create for different reasons, but I do believe that creating is a part of our spiritual makeup. It is our privilege (and perhaps even duty) as human beings to leave our mark, to …

Improve   Beautify   Extend   Smile   Cultivate   Develop   Create.

wow.

Comments

1. oh what a great message. thanks for sharing that.

2. Thank you for sharing this great video.

3. I love Pres Uchtdorf! Such a great message. Thanks for posting it.

4. My most favorite GA talk, ever!! Thanks so much for posting this – I’m teaching my YW today, using Elder Uchtdorf’s talk and this is just perfect.

5. That’s awesome, thanks for Sharing!

6. Stefani Meyer says:

I was thrilled with this talk. I love having it confirmed that creativity is a spiritual gift. And I totally agree when I am “in tune” with the spirit, I am more creative. Thanks for sharing for this Sunday.

7. Kary in Colorado says:

Thanks Stacy–amazing words. I think I need to go listen to the whole talk again right now. Happy Sunday!

8. Thank you for sharing. It’s nice to hear a message about creativity and spirituality all in one.

9. I love President Utchdorf!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I’m going to have to figure out how to download that to my I pod so I can watch it whenever or wherever I want.

10. Wow, I hadn’t heard that, but just listened to it twice now. That is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us today, TanyaS

11. Jeannette P says:

I love your colored pencil banner. So colorful & springy! Jazzes things up a little. I’ll be honest, I haven’t listened/watched the video yet. I will. It’s just I promised my son he could use my computer in a few minutes so I’ll have to come back.

12. What a great message! Thanks so much for sharing this!

13. WOW!! That’s wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

14. Very cool– I feel the need to go create something right now! Thank you for sharing –

15. Oh I love this. I am not of the Morman faith (although I admire much about it) but the message rings loud and clear to all!!! I too shared a video this week on my sunday inspiration blog…thanks for being you! -tj09

16. This message completely blew me away–and the friend I brought–its such an obvious truth–about time someone said it out loud! Thanks for sharing!

17. THANK YOU for posting this…I needed this for so many reasons!

18. Linda Mann says:

I just saw this video on Friday and thought of you.

19. Katherine says:

WOW!! How powerful that message is. I am so glad you shared that one today.

20. Lisa Phelps says:

I’m sitting here crying my eyes out. Thanks for sharing.
    Beautiful.

21. Heather Woodbury says:

First of all, I’m on RSS feeds and it links to a totally different Video. You might wish to clarify that.
    2nd. I listened to that talk again last Sunday and of course LOVED it. I created a RS “Retreat” a few years back based on a similar talk called “We are Creators.” It’s something I feel passionate about. Just as we’re clay in the potter’s hands, we have our own tapestry in life to create. I had everyone, creatively inclined or not, just to experience playing with clay and doing other things and listening to motivational talks. It was a beautiful activity.
    I’ll be linking some friends to this site to see the little video you posted.

22. Wonderful message, Stacy! Thanks for sharing.

23. I think of creativity and making stuff as a meditation – it does take you mentally to a place you can’t otherwise get to.

24. Thank you for sharing that. It was my very favorite talk, and it was wonderful to revisit it today.

25. Thanks Stacy! That really did touch me. WOW!

26. Thank you Stacy for sharing this video- great message!

27. michelle says:

I listened to this last night and had to come back this morning…WOW! an incredible message. thanks for sharing.

28. Thanks for sharing! I love Pres. Uchtdorf, he just spoke to us yesterday via satellite broadcast for our stake conference here in Texas. He always has great stories, and I’m glad that you shared it to with the World.

29. Thank you so much for posting this. I never would have found it on my own.

30. Andria B. says:

Powerful message. Thank you for reminding me this morning.

31. I loved this talk too! Thank you so much for sharing the video. I may just have to post it on my blog as well.

32. You said it–WOW!

33. Nancy Scott says:

Thanks, Stacy, for sharing this! I just visited Mormon Messages for the first time, thanks to you! So glad the Church is using new technologies to share the gospel! And this message is BEYOND COOL! And thanks, Stacy, for bringing so much beauty to the world. I personally appreciate it. You’ve made a difference in my life!

34. Thank you, thank you for posting this – it truly is amazing isn’t it? Our urge to create – it drives us, it fills us, it renews us and it lifts those around us. I was truly moved by his words.

35. Oh Stacy, I love your words here and can totally relate! Thanks for sharing!

36. Thanks Stacy and I just had to add it to my blog too!
    So many will say, I am just not creative. And this is a great answer and comfort to them!

37. Carla Swalf says:

Thank you Stacy! Thank you for sharing with us so many “realistic” words!!! This kind of video is the one we should see once a month, just to remember the real reason we were born.
    This is my first time on your comments. I love what you write, I love what you do with papers and I love the way you see Scrapbooking!
    Kisses from Brazil!