for the last time …

I've been hearing from LOTS of you that the May/June issue of Simple Scrapbooks is arriving in your mailbox, for the last time.

6a00d8341c5c3753ef0111689c6b54970c-500wi

I can tell you that your expressions of gratitude and melancholy are met with equal emotion on my side! What an amazing ride. I thrill to think that I was given such a grand opportunity. I am thankful to ALL of the people that believed in the vision of Simple Scrapbooks. Even those that never caught the vision, but allowed us to freedom to experiment and grow and gather loyal readers should be thanked.

So … THANK YOU.
Thanks to Simple Scrapbooks I have made lifelong friendships and gained confidence and done things I never thought I'd do. I've met and connected with thousands of women, I've traveled the world and I've been inspired to rethink my own expectations around scrapbooking, ultimately leading me to develop a Library of Memories system that I can now share with others at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

I want you to know that I will continue to advocate and promote a simplified approach to scrapbooking via my blog and through BPS. I have other things in the work that will help the SS philosophy live on. More important than all of that, I will continue to do what I can to inspire women to savor life and celebrate all of the little things that make it worth living. The world today is chock full of YUCK, but I believe in the power and influence of good people and especially good women.

0408c
I got an email yesterday from Vicki — she used the final issue of SS as her Project 365 photo for April 8th.
Very cool.

Be sure to bookmark the blogs of Simple personalities (on page 9 of the May/June issue) and plan on visiting during the week of April 27th … we are ALL planning to share memories and tributes and give away STUFF. It will be our final and very festive FAREWELL celebration.

sometimes you have to say good-bye, but life is still good.

Oh … and one more thing. It's Amy's (our amazing BPS editor) 40th birthday today. Click here and leave her a birthday wish (thanks!)

Comments

1. Stacy I was just coming over to see if you’d posted anything about the last issue! I got mine before we left on vacation last week and we were driving through Ontario, Canada when I finally got to looking through it and read your final letter to the readers out loud to my husband while we drove. Both of us were brought to tears by that last letter and you touched so much on why Simple Scrapbooks was so important to me over the years. I am so saddened to see it go. I was a subscriber from day one and unfortunately I had to sell off my magazine collection when we moved from Idaho to New York last June to make room for all of our household goods. If I had known that SS was ending I would have found a way to bring them and now I am sad because I only have a few issues left to remember SS by. Thank you for all of the work you did on SS for us!

2. On to the new, eh? Congrats on doing something well, and with your heart. Only more good to follow!

3. Loved Viki’s layout!! I have had mine over a week now and every page has been read more than twice!! I’ve already got all your blogs bookmarked–now to remember and take the time to visit them the week of 4/27!

4. I, too, am sad to see Simple go. But like the saying goes, “the only constant in life is change”. I haven’t gotten my last issue yet, though. So I hope it comes soon!

5. ann johnson says:

I received my last issue in the mail also and used it as my picture for 365 – it was sad day and I still have not finished reading it. I want to read every word, front to back – Hoping the longer I take to read it the longer I will have the memory. Thanks for everything – you are a true inspiration to me.
    Ann

6. Very sad time for readers who have loved SS. Unimaginable how sad it is for you all who got to do something you loved. I’m thankful for all your blogs so I can keep up with your new adventures. I only wish I wasn’t such a newbie–just subscribed for two years and it was not long enough!

7. I’ve been thinking of you tons lately.
    I love what Lee-Ann said a few posts before mine – what I loved (and will always love) about Simple was what you put into it and how it never strayed from your vision.
    Looking forward to the next endeavor!

8. Melony Wells says:

Received my last issue and it made a hollow spot…I will get no more. Like reading a great book series and the author quitting halfway thru and leaving the reader with so many unanswered questions-just floating in limbo..lost. I can’t even imagine the depth of your loss. Angie Lucas’s blog has been helpful as she’s taking us behind the scenes of the last issue-page by page. I’m finding it therapeutic. You are my other bright spot. Just knowing your still out there helping us find our scrapping way makes me feel smiley :)

9. HeatherC says:

I got my copy last week — I have to say I usually rip through it, but this one I am slowly going through — savorying each page. I just still am in shock that it is no more — I am curious to see how CK will “fold” you in — right now there are no other publications that reflect my style and scrapbooking goals — thank goodness for blogs and BPS!

10. I received my issue last week but I haven’t read it yet. In fact, I’m trying not to read it because I know that once I finish this issue, there will be no more. And that makes me very sad. I so LOVE Simple Scrapbooks. I’m waiting to read this last issue for as long as I can.

11. Lynnette says:

Sad so see SS end. Can’t wait to get my May/Jun copy…still waiting here in Alberta, Canada. I have all the SS mags since it’s premiere and I am so glad to have them as the BEST resource. Also, looking forward to what you have coming up – you are soooo creative! woo hoo!

12. Stephanie Stewart says:

You must be so proud to have created something that has inspired so many people from all over the world. Thanks…

13. I’ve been searching every store I’ve ever bought at SS waiting for the last one to show up. I have read every issue since the beginning, but when mag renewal time came up, dh had just been notified he was going to be laid off and I didn’t renew. I was at the grocery store tonight with 2 of my kids, and my daughter said “What magazine are you looking for? Simple Scrapbooks?” tehehe . . .tells you how much I read them!

14. I’m sure going to miss SS…but the last issue was such a celebration and provided so many links and ideas to keep the SS philosophy going…I hope more of the SS philosophy will be incorporated into BPS…I’d love specific classes related to some of the ideas or stories you would have incorporated into the magazine if it still published. I am so grateful for the listing of blogs—I need my SS fix. I’m so glad I kept every copy, instead tearing them apart for ideas and filing them along with my other mags info.

15. I too used my last issue of Simple Scrapbooks on my Project 365 page! I asked my son to take a picture of me holding the magazine, while I was pouting. I’m sure that confirms his opinion that I really am crazy, but it’s how I felt at that moment. I will miss it!

16. Apparently my charter sub ran out with the second last issue, so I’ll have to scour the local racks for the last issue. I’ve already checked two stores that still have the brand new CK and PC, so it looks like there has been a run on them!

17. Thank you for posting this about the last issue of SS. I am still waiting to get my hands on one!! I live in AK and things sometimes take a big longer to reach us – unless of course you use priority mail every time. ;-) I am smiling now knowing what a positive impact Simple Scrapbooks and the people that were a part of that publication has made on me. I feel so much more comfortable with my scrapping thanks to you all. The was truly the best scrapping mag EVER, but I’m sure you heard that often. ;-) I feel a layout coming on about what SS has done for me … gotta run!!

18. Hannah Wilde says:

I wish our stores here would have carried your magazine more regularly. I have some SS and I absolutely adore them!! so – but I am hoping the BPS will step in and fill the gap!!!
    Hannah

19. Mandiannie says:

I loved the magazine too. I gave a gift subscription to my sister a few years back and we were both sad to see it come to an end.
    Thought I’d leave you this quote I heard somewhere…”Every song must end, is that any reason not to enjoy the music?” I think of this whenever something I love is ending. Thanks for years of inspiration.