Right Now (Friday, July 3rd 2009)

Our family drove to Seattle yesterday, so we can spend the July 4th holiday with my parents.

Right Now …

Grandpa is outside on the deck, talking to Uncle Drew.
IMG_8732

Grandma is cooking bacon

IMG_8740

Taft is filling the syrup elephant with syrup

IMG_8737

Addie is walking around in one of her four new pair of princess heels.

IMG_8738

Geoff is encouraging (making) Clark play his piano.

IMG_8742

Cousin Nika (Theron + Kristin's daughter) is sleeping away in the "bunny room." This is quite amazing, considering the noise we are all making directly above her.

IMG_8748

Trey is counting the fishermen on the lake. And …

IMG_8751

I'm attempting to record the present moment, as much as that is possible. We are all missing our Chase, who is on an Outward Bound adventure (he was nominated to go through his expeditionary learning school) outside Baltimore, Maryland.

and … Right Now, the smell of bacon and oat bran pancakes is calling me to breakfast.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Comments

1. Melony Wells says:

What great imagery. Your folks place looks like the perfect place to spend a family 4th. I say take the weekend off from blogging and enjoy your family, don’t worry about us…we’ll be here when you get back :)

2. Awesome post!!

3. Marta Valdes says:

Amazing scenery. Your parents place is wonderful and warm. Enjoy your weekend. I love this post.

4. TracyBzz says:

A bunny room? Can my 6 yo DD come and stay there? She is obessed with bunnies!
    Have a great time with your family :)

5. Scrapycandy says:

Happy 4th! Would be fun to run into you as we all navigate the Seattle area. We’re hanging out in Bellevue and I have to pick up son at scout camp up in Monroe today. And I stopped at Mercer Slough to pick up local strawberries, local blueberries, and vegies for Gazpacho soup. What a beautiful weekend hey?

6. ScrappeeDiane says:

A syrup elephant, now that is a first for me but he is so cute, I must have one. :o) Happy Friday!

7. Awwww….you’re in Seattle?? I’m from Seattle but we’re in Santa Barbara for the 4th of July!! I would have loved to have met you! :) It looks like you’re all having a great time!! Are your parents on Lake WA?? I can’t figure out where that lake is in the picture! lol

8. erin white says:

see, these are the posts that make me smile :) you being you :) happy happy!

9. Sounds like a great start to a 4th of July weekend! Enjoy.
    Sue

10. Molly Loder says:

Happy Fourth of July!! What a fun post!! I hope for your sake, cousin Nika doesn’t mind being photographed while asleep. Blessings to your family :)

11. Hi Stacy,
    Just replying to your twitter pix from the other day. I was born near Moses Lake, and still have many relatives there. If you know any “Swart” families there, tell them hi from one of their relatives in Illinois.
    Have a great 4th of July!

12. Sounds perfect. :)

13. Enjoy your long weekend! sounds like there are lots of good things happening!

14. Checking in from just outside of “Baltimore, MD” to see how Chase is doing/how long he’ll be here.
    Looks like your Fourth celebration was fun!