When I was at the helm of Simple Scrapbooks, I began reading and studying magazines. This was primarily because I never paid that much attention to them until that point in my life. I didn’t know the difference between a column and a department and beyond my vision for Simple, I had little understanding of the work of magazine editors. Since the demise of Simple I am reading fewer magazines, but I am reading them in a new, refreshing way — just for inspiration and ideas.
I recently re-subscribed to Family Fun magazine and I actually visit their website from time to time.
Here are some cute Thanksgiving ideas, I found poking around not too long ago:
Turkey Cupcakes #1: The turkey feathers are made by sandwiching a toothpick in between two layers of fruit leather.
Leafy Treats made from prepared piecrust dough and stuffed with mini chocolate and peanut butter chips. Could be a fun make-a-long for kids, while you bake!
How fun is the idea of a photo napkin ring? Maybe you could print baby pictures of family members you’ll be eating with, or pictures of family members you’ll be away from? Maybe you could have everything ready except the picture and then take pictures when dinner guests arrive. I’m sure they’d be totally surprised to find themselves on their napkin!
Next up …
a really COOL giveaway from Open Scrapbook, a digital scrapbooking website created by sisters, Misti and Michelle. Open Scrapbook is a community for digital and paper scrapbookers where you can access tips + ideas, inspiration, tutorials, color combinations, stock photography and much, much more. They are offering a GOLD MEMBERSHIP for one full year to one very lucky winner, and 20% OFF other memberships for ANY and ALL who read my blog.
I am so impressed with this website and the work that has clearly gone into it. Check it out, see what you think and give it a go!
Coupon Code for 20% OFF: 9a505590fb
Gold Membership Benefits
OpenScrapbook Gold Membership includes unlimited access to:
• High quality, professional digital scrapbooking and photography tutorials, featuring Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
• All tutorial resource files needed for each lesson.
• Paper Scrapping Tips & Designs that offer a fresh new take on traditional techniques. Including extensive material lists and, when needed, downloadable templates.
• Unique color palettes to help you choose colors with confidence.
• A resource section full of articles and tips for not only digital scrapbooking, but also for traditional scrapbooking, papercrafting and cardmaking.
• The stock photography website, OpenPhotobook, which contains hundreds of photos for personal use, including backgrounds and textures.
• Exclusive Photoshop brushes and actions.
• Digital paper packs designed exclusively for members.
• Membership in the members-only forum and gallery where you can share your ideas and creations with others.
Click HERE for a sample digital scrapbooking tutorial!
Comments will be open until this Friday at noon!