thank you Theodore!

2c86c060ada0d6271070d110.L

What if this man hadn’t pursued his true passion? What then?
So very grateful he did –

My top three books are:

51-ce8T2ccL._SL110_ 51fcyIF5j0L._SL110_ 51BN57K1QML._SL110_

And my favorite collection of stories …

9780394800943

I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today!

Tell me your favorites and by all means visit the Dr. Suess page at Amazon and buy something in his honor!

EP3531lg-1
image source

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess!

post_closure

Comments

1. I’m going with Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and The Sneeches. It’s really hard to pick though. I could name a whole list of others that are right up there.

• agree that it is so hard to pick just 3 :) I love The Lorax….Green Eggs & Ham….and then tied for 3rd ;) are Oh the Places You’ll Go, My Many Colored Days and I can Read with My Eyes Shut. My least fave Oh Say Can you Say? (For the simple reason that I’m so tongue twisted by the time I’m done that it takes me the rest of the day to untangle it :) lol)
      We’re HUGE Seuss fans around here. We have lots of “collection” books that we love. Crazy to think if he hadn’t pursued his passion. Wow. Heidi
      P.S. Just thought of another one I love — Ten Apples up on Top.

2. We love Theodores around here as that is my son’s name. He is in kindergarten and attending his first Dr. Seuss Birthday party tonight at his schools – kindergartners only! Teddy, our son has a great role model in Dr. Seuss and his Grandpa Teddy for inspiration and living your dreams. We love Oh the Places You’ll Go!

3. Too many to pic just one!! But at our house we read lots of I can read with my eyes shut and hop on pop!
    The kids were celebrating Dr Seuss today too
    Oh Happy Day!

4. My daughter went to school with 4 Dr. Seuss books in her backpack! Her school is celebrating him for a whole week! Today they have a different Dr. Seuss activity in each 1st grade room and the kids travel to each room. Gotta love the Dr.!!!

5. Cheri A. says:

At 4 years old, I could “read” Green Eggs and Ham (not really, I had memorized it). These books are so great, I bought every one I could get my hands on when my kids were little. Their favorite was “Hop on Pop”. My kids are now long past Dr. Suess, but the books remain on the shelf – and I’ll be saving them for the grandchildren I’m going to have someday!

6. My 2 year old daughter’s favorite right now is There’s a Wocket in my Pocket! (It’s one of mine too)

7. I just blogged about the Dr. Seuss baby shower I co-hosted a few weekends ago. If you love Dr. Seuss you will love this shower. You should take a peek. :)

The new favorite Dr. Seuss book at our house is the “Sleep Book.”

8. Christine H says:

He was a man with a message….The Lorax was the original Think Green book! Oh the Places You’ll Go is such a great message to young people, especially those that think they are too old for Dr. Suess. My son loved Fox in Sox and it made my tongue hurt to read it, over and over and over again. I miss those nights hanging out on the bed and reading the same story 10 times.

9. carol in seattle :) says:

I adore Dr. Suess! Have you seen this website? http://www.seussville.com Lots of fun there! My favorite books are The Lorax and Fox in Socks. It’s also my grammy’s birthday today!

10. I LOVE The Sneetches and Other Stories…my favorite being the story of the Star Bellied Sneetches and the Sneetches with no stars upon thars. The book also contains the fun, fun, fun story of the woman who had 23 sons and named them all Dave and “What Was I Scared Of?” where he’s followed by a pair of pea-green pants with no one inside them.

Good stuff!

11. Oh goodness – how do you pick just 3 when there are SO many good ones. I love There’s a Wocket in my Pocket and In a People House. I especially love Green Eggs and Ham because it brings back childhood memories when my oldest brother used to try to make us green eggs and ham (and potatoes) for breakfast. Now I make green meals for St Patty’s day for my kids. (I make green potatoes by soaking the potatoes in green water for a while.) My kids are teens and still get a kick out of it.
    Wow, I think I just thought of a scrapbook page I need in my albums :)
    Thank you!

12. Love Dr. Seuss and Heidi – Oh Say can you Say would haev to be my favourite – I just loved reading it to my DD and loved the challenge (I am very good at this!0 Love all Dr. Suess really – Green Eggs and HAm, Oh the Places You will Go, The Sneeches collection……love them all

13. Love the places you’ll go – I frequently give it as a gift to people embarking on a new phase of life. As a kid I also loved ‘trouble in getting to sola seleau’ and Horton Hears a Who’

14. I love Dr. Seuss, my favorites are the Places You’ll Go, Green Eggs & Ham, and Happy Birthday to You

15. I love the Sneeches! closely followed by Oh the Places You’ll Go and the Lorax, not to mention McElligot’s Pool- not sure if that is spelled right!

16. The Lorax, that takes be back to high school civics classes.

17. My favorites are One Fish Two Fish, Cat in the Hat and The Lorax. Yes, it is important to follow your calling – whatever that might be and BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE. Such a great writer for children of all ages!
    Aloha, Kate

18. There’s a Wocket in my Pocket. I still have the used copy I had as a child. My 4 year old loves to rhyme and this one has some great rhymes in it!

19. My favorite is “Happy Birthday to You.” I still have the copy I had when I was a child. I read it to my children every year on their birthdays. I also love “If I Ran the Zoo.”

20. I work as a Reading/Computer Lab aide at an elementary school and we celebrate Dr. Seuss week (due to testing this year a few days) I LOVE all Dr. Seuss but my three top ones are Horton Hears a Who “A person is a person no matter how small” and The Lorax “. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better” and finally I’m not going to get up today! Which allows me to wear me to wear PJ’s to work when it’s that book’s day at school! The kids love going to Seussville.com and playing all the games based on the books during the week also…

21. I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

22. The Sneetches!

23. Molly McCarthy says:

Go, Dog! Go!

24. What Was I Scared of (The pale green pants with no one inside them…)
    Too Many Daves and of course
    Green Eggs and Ham!

25. We love Dr. Seuss! My 9-month-old’s favorite is My Many Colored Days. I love it too. I also love One fish two fish and Places You’ll Go. One of my favorites from childhood is Hooper Humperdink…Not Him! So much going on in that one!

What a wonderful life.

26. Barbara W. says:

My children grew up with Dr. Seuss (I have read Go,Dog, Do sooooooo many times). I used his books when I was teaching school and one of my daughters is now teaching and the theme of her whole classroom is Dr. Seuss. She has many “quotes” made into signs, painted a rocking chair with colors from the Cat in the Hat and has Thing1 and Thing2 on the top of the rocker and has many of the books for the students to read. Our project this year has been to collect all the Dr. Seuss books we can find at used book stores and Goodwill. What fun.

27. Summer Mobley says:

I LOVE reading The Cat in The Hat out loud to my students, especially when the crabby fish is bawling the cat out!!! My kids love it when I yell around at storytime. =) I also love Green Eggs and Ham and How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

28. I would have to say “Cat in the Hat” is my all time favorite! I can still hear my Mom reading it to us when we were little. One year she made the cutest Cat in the Hat costume for my younger brother for Holloween. Love that book still!

29. I have 2 favorites, Stacy. My first favorite is Daisy-head Maisy. Love that Book! Secondly, I like Mr. Brown can Moo, Can You? When my 17 YO was 2, he could recite the entire book. Amazing!

30. I love “I Wish that I had Duck Feet” and “Green Eggs and Ham”.