Midweek Make

I so wish I could see your face when you first lay eyes on this.
When I first saw it I squealed with delight.

My husband brought this home from work and before I even registered what it was or that it might possibly be for me,
I felt this utter excitement wash over me.

It’s just SO CUTE.

So, here’s the story:

My adorable “Target” friend Melissa Kaiserman made it for me. Melissa lives in Spokane and we have run into each other at Target, so she is my Target friend. She has also taken some classes from me. She is a wonderful mother, scrapbooker and all around creative woman currently contributing to the collective inspiration at Write. Click. Scrapbook.

Melissa started with bright, happy plates from Target, and then added light weight candlesticks from the dollar store (crazy huh?)
Here’s what they looked like before she primed and painted them.

No way! I know, there’s going to be this sudden and unexplainable rush on dollar-store candlesticks now.

Here’s how it all breaks down:
big plate + painted candlestick + small  plate + drawer pull + button + brad = SUPER adorable catch all!

Melissa says: I made myself one using the blue polka dot plate and the multi-colored one that reminds me of a piece of candy. I’ve got it in the middle of my scrap island, figuring I can use it for the little odds & ends that accumulate during a project and tend to get buried or knocked on the floor!

Oh, by the way the “+” is E6000 Glue

The funny thing is I had just bought these exact plates for Addie’s little kitchen upstairs.

Melissa — I LOVE you.
Thank you so much for thinking of me. I’m so inviting you over, so we can make MORE together!

Comments

1. WOW. This is so dang cute!

2. If you joined 3 of the bigger plates like this, you could make a fab “thing” for serving fancy little sandwiches or little cakes in the garden. Such the afternoon tea conversation piece!

3. This is so darn cute!! And it looks so easy!!
    Thank you for this great idea!!

Check out our Early Customer Specials!!

4. Wendy High says:

Sooooo totally cute!! I have got to make some of these!!!

5. I have these plates! Now I want to make this–thank for sharing!

xoxo.

6. Heather says:

I think you just shared with us, what we’ll be making for teacher gifts this year. Awesome!

7. Sandy L says:

This is wonderfully cute! Thank you so much for sharing. I adore you – and you are so darned lucky!

8. Un-be-lievable! I saw these dishes in Target and swooned. I’m a sucker for polka dots. I now know I need to go get some and make place settings for my grandkids’ dining table (it matches our formal table!!). And of course I’ll need to make at least one of these for the centerpiece. THANKS STACY AND MELISSA!

9. Wow I’d better get over the the dollar store NOW! This is AWESOME! I am squealing with delight too!

10. How funny that I have those mini polka dot plates and I actually thought of you, Stacy, when I bought them because of your cute socks (with polka dots!) I have 4 of every color except the blue ones…I could only find one of those…hmmmmm….maybe that plate needs to be turned into something cool??? I actually bought them for around our pool this summer…for the kids or to actually use them as appetizer plates when we have pool parties. Thanks for sharing!!!

11. Ok, so I’m thinking very cute. But could someone make one for me?

12. Target stores across the United States aren’t going to know what hit them! Think we’d better pick up some more plates before they’re all gone? ;)

Thank you for your sweet words.

Your Target Friend

13. That is so cool! What a great idea. And a sweet gift!

14. Candace B. says:

I definitely like this…but admittedly would not know what to do with it. A little girl and some cupcakes maybe…but I have no little girl…it will be fun to see what you do with it :)

15. I love that cute and adorable doesn’t have to come from a fancy gift shop! This project is going on my to do list! Thanks for sharing Stacy!

16. Jeannette says:

WOW! That is so stinkin cute {and creative}!

17. How cool!

18. I LOVE this!! I need to start scavenging so I can have some super cuteness in my studio too. Thanks for showing us!

19. When I saw this I immediately thought of when I was a child and my mom had a cut glass tiered dish similar to this that we kept on top of the fridge with fruit on it. From time to time she would also use it for serving finger sandwiches for lunch or party food. I have often looked for a similar cut glass dish and have never found one, now I can make one that will bring back those same happy memories of my childhood and momma. Thanks for sharing and making my day happier today!!

20. Cheri A. says:

That is some serious creative out-of-the-box thinking to even figure to do that with plates and candlesticks!

21. Dollar Store here I come. This is such a cute idea and I’m thinking I probably have some plate around the house that I could use to make one. I love it and it would be great for my crafting room to hold those little bits and pieces. Thanks for sharing it with us.

22. Your target friend (and my MOPS friend) is AMAZING! Super cute Melissa- I don’t know how you do it!

23. ohhh, I see teacher gifts in the future maybe with some cute little cookies! YEAH…. pretty things make me happy!

24. I LOVE this! Wish I had seen it before I had gone to the dollar store today. A perfect reason to make another visit though! Thanks for sharing.

25. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing this…

26. So STINKIN’ CUTE! What an AWESOME friend!

27. Is every post on your website this good? Thanks for blogging.

28. LOVE it!
    Isn’t being blessed by a friend the best?

29. Super cute!

30. MichelleG says:

So, so, so cute! Love it…a lot! I’ve been trying to come up with a cute serving plate for my whoopie pie “wedding cake” and I’m totally inspired now to go make my own! Thank you for the post and the inspiration!

31. Can you imagine what the buyer at Target is thinking right now? Why is there such a run on those plates? Super cute!! I see one of these at my house very soon :) Thanks for sharing!

32. {vicki} says:

What a great imagination—LOVE IT

33. Cindy d says:

I LOVE this! What a wonderful gift.

34. Margaret C says:

Love it love it love it

35. Viki Powell says:

OH my this is adorable:) I too, am a fanatic of bright colors…my kitchen is bright white filled with primary colors (mostly red) and one of these cuties would be so fun to make and have on my counter. Imagine the possibilities, makes me giddy just thinking about it!! <3 LOVE COLOR

36. I am in love with this idea. How is it that some people can see beyond and come up with such cute ideas? I wish I had a need for something like this. I would do it in a heartbeat.

37. Angie F says:

LOVE the catch all! Looks like a project to put on my “to do” list!! FUN!!

38. That is just too stinkin’ cute!!! Very creative and I love it.

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by stacy julian, SondaT. SondaT said: adorable & not dead! RT @stacyjulian: You're gonna die when you see the SUPER-CUTE thing on my blog. Go Now. http://tinyurl.com/2aqlvsq [...]