Scrap by Color: Yellow

I did find a source for colored cellophane envelopes, but it appears to be for wholesale only. Here’s the link for the Scarlet Lime bracelet/watches AND, should you want to add colorful CANDY to your colorful collection of scrapbooking goodies. Here’s the LINK for you!

Oh, and guess what? We saw the Celtic Women last night on our date.
I really had no idea what to expect and I was delightfully surprised.
If you haven’t seen them, check your local PBS listings or get tickets to a performance near you.

and … have a wonderful weekend. You might want to make plans to sit by water (see my *sprinkles* page.)

Comments

1. I love adding a little yellow to layouts but rarely do a whole page! But here are two where it was the main focus!

Fun video!

2. TracyBzz says:

LOVE the Scarlet Lime watches. Got a few for myself and one for my oldest daughter for Xmas.

3. So totally enjoy watching you talk about your space – finally (after almost 19 years!), my husband made good on his promise to buy us a bigger house and I HAVE MY OWN SCRAPBOOK SPACE!!!!! (Can you tell I’m excited?) Always looking for different and usable ideas – thinking I’m going to have to go w/the jar system cuz I HATE to put stuff away and stuffing it into a pretty jar just makes so much sense to me!

Keep those videos coming … and I could tell you had makeup on and you look pretty either way!

4. So much fun, Stacy – I wish there were more colors in the rainbow :) And you know you have to tell the story of flying into the wrong city….friends of ours sent their kids to Alabama to visit the grandparents. They were 11&9, I think, and they paid the extra bit to have a rep walk them to the plane, it was just after 9/11 and it was really strict about the parent’s walking the kids to the plane. So the kids are ON THE PLANE and the announcement is made “ready for departure to ALASKA” I. Kid. You. NOT. Luckily, Killian jumped up and got them off the plane. How could that have happened? We were amazed at that story…

5. Stacy,

I am loving your color bins. I gasped this morning when you pulled out that gorgeous yellow butterfly ribbon! Do you have any idea where that came from? I also just ordered myself a Scarlet Lime watch. Thanks for that link!

6. Renee J. says:

Stacy, I love the color bins and the color jars. They are way cool! It has happy written all of over it.

I have a candle jar that my sweet hubby cleaned out for me. He is the best. Great minds think alike.

Most of all, thanks for adding so much sunshine to our day. You are so sweet!

Have a wonderful day,

Renee J.

7. Jeannie says:

Love your yellow bin. I didn’t used to like yellow but for some reason I painted my scraproom yellow a couple years ago and it has gotten to be one of my favorite colors. Last weekend I found some butterflies in the garden section at Hobby Lobby. They have a wire frame and then yellow crumpled tissue paper to cover that for the wings. The bodies are made of orange tissue kind of wrapped around and around to make them fat. I hung them up in my scraproom and they look fabulous. My room is at the top of the stairs and I got some picket fence boards to put along the railing, painted them white and wrapped a sunflower garland in and out of the pickets. It kind of looks like a garden now!

• Jeannie,
      I must see a photo of this to fully appreciate your yellow-wonderfulness. Pretty please!

8. {vicki} says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the videos—-
    Will be on the lookout for the next one!

9. Another great video Stacy! I love yellow, so of course I love your yellow bin!

10. Ronnie Crowley says:

You can get clear envelopes – here http://www.clearbags.com/clear-colored-envelopes-2×2.html

11. Brenda DellaVecchia says:

How is it that one can be so mesmerized by watching someone sort through their basket of colors? I don’t understand it myself but I do know that every time a new episode comes on I kind of squeal and say out loud, “Yippee!”.

I have always been a fan of all things Stacy! I’ve always loved how down to earth you are. The very first time I ever saw you (on a video) was on my Close To My Heart training video all those years ago!!

Loved the videos. Hope you keep them coming. Besides scrapbooking, I’ve also been inspired by your running. Since I met you in Orlando at a Scrapbook Extroidaire I’ve lost 83 pounds and have run a half marathon when before I could barely walk to my mailbox! I loved the page you did with the shoes about why you run. It would be so cool if you did a video journal of your runs. After the run you could tell us about it, how far you went…just whatever. Thanks for all you do to keep us inspired!

Love it all!

• Wow, that is so impressive and inspiring. I would love to hear how you lost your weight. How long did it take you? That is just about the amount I need to loose. Can you reply back on here? If not you could email me julesml@sbcglobal.net . Congrats on the weight loss and I too am a big fan of anything Stacy.

• Brenda,
      I’m SO PROUD of you — 83 pounds and a half marathon!! That’s amazing!
      And you know what? Now that I’ve realized it isn’t very hard at all to make a video, I’ll probably think of all kinds of stuff to talk about — maybe even running!

I can’t believe we go back to CTMH training video days. WOW!

12. Wow, talk about restraint. You give away your multiples and only keep 2 or 3 at the most???!!! My second hobby is collecting “stuff” for my current hobby. I guess that is why my space is such a mess. I could really use some cuteness to surround me. Thank you for showing your baskets. Referencing how to organize your scraproom was how I found your blog.

13. Viki Powell says:

love your new posts on color…hearing about how you remove the candle wax from your jars prompted me to post today:) I learned from a friend that sold candles how to remove the wax…put your candle container in the freezer for a few hours and then the remaining wax just pops out with a little nudge, sometimes leaving very little residue that is easily washed out with warm soapy water. It’s sooo easy…love it.

14. Jeannette says:

Stacy-
    I am SO GLAD that the color words were useful! After all the amazing things I have learned form you {here on your blog, you books, and LOM2010} it’s the least I could do. My daughter Zoe & I enjoyed watching your video today. She didn’t get to see the first ones, so now we are going back so she can watch those:-)

15. Stacy, I just caught up on the color videos and I love it! Thanks so much for sharing. It really helps to see how others “do it”. I, too, have a couple of Scarlet Lime watches due to your recommendation – so cheery! As you say “make me happy”. Thanks for all you do – I check your blog every day.

16. Peggy Leland says:
  17. I’ve been very curious about Celtic Women, I think I may need to check that out! Thanks for the YELLOW…I needed it on a pretty gloomy day! :)

18. I love Celtic Woman….thank you so much for the link. I was excited to see they are coming to my town in September. Thank you for that info and thanks for your fun videos! I’ve had color bins for awhile because of you and I love that way of organizing. Thanks too for that idea!

19. I have my things all sorted by color and in glass jars and it makes me so HAPPY seeing all of it! The best part is I really use my stuff now because I can see it! I love seeing inside your bins and jars! Thanks for showing us!
    Noelle

20. Laura P says:

Don’t worry Stacy, good make-up is supposed to look like you aren’t wearing any!

21. The Celtic Women have a Christmas CD that is excellent, one of my all-time faves! Of course, it’s a little bit early to think of Christmas music, but then we DID get mountain snow here last night…

22. I am busy putting all my stuff in bins by COLOR! It’s so funny…kindred spirits…I had just said, “I’m so tired of going thru everything to find the color I want. I am going to organize by color!” Next day…there you were telling me that was the right thing to do. I’m an “out of sight – out of mind” girl. I’ve got to SEE it!

Thanks for all you do…I have my photos (almost) all in the proper places per your book. Haven’t taken the LOM classes yet, but the book was terrific.

Thanks for all your inspiration!

23. Stacy, once again you came up with something that makes so much sense but never occured to me to do it! I love the color bins and now I am wondering how to make it work in my tiny space :)
    P.S. I think you look great!!!

24. I DID IT! IdiditIdiditIdidit!!! I bought 8 of the clear plastic shoe/storage boxes for less than a dollar each. I was overwhelmed but I said I would dig in and do just one color. I did one color and then another and another and sorted through all my ‘stuff’.

I had some of those clear 12 x 12 plastic pouches they sell for paper. I then sorted special things like red/white/blue, baby boy, baby girl, birthday, sports, seasons, holidays, etc. in there. They held my specialty paper, stickers, ribbon, etc. and even my clear stamps. I stored those vertically and they didn’t take up as much space as the boxes.

Now I can pull a pouch for the theme and whatever color box I want. All done and in well under a half hour! YEAH!! Thank you for the inspiration!

25. So Stacy~Let me tell you, I have stressed over my jars! I have looked and looked at Target/Target.com and they don’t have any jar candles just like yours anymore. Your jars are so cute and I absolutly love them. But I honestly have to be pratical to. And I think that being pratical is one of the things you are teaching me if no one else by sharing that you wash out your candle jars and use them.

So in my frenzie to find jars just like yours I remembered that I have a very large stash of antique mason jars. I saved them to give as gifts filled with flowers or candy or whetever. I have given away very few because I love them so much! OK Duh! Suddenly the light went on and my beautiful jars are now going into my color bids!!!

Thanks for teaching me so that I can laern your way, tweak it and make it my own!

Love Ya!

26. jennifer h says:

I also love this concept of Scraping by color! You (and your ideas) are so very inspirational but more than that they are DOABLE – which I LOVE!! We are in the planing phase of converting attic space into a scrap space and my how to guide has become your blog!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

p.s. I just visited scarlet lime – beautiful! All the women in my family are now going to have the most gorgeous Christmas gifts :)

27. Its so much fon to watch this! Maybe it doesn’t look like make-up on BUT your skin does look even…. Funny one of my title pages for Week in the life is about makeup, you can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39452456@N04/4620083584/in/set-72157623852191755/

28. calliope says:

we love your show. and i just love the color yellow and other colors too. we’ve been seeing your words and i just like you. thats all.

(transcribed word for word from my almost 6 year old… for you stacy- have a great day!)

29. Heather says:

Stacy- just watched yellow with my 8 year old. She insists that she saw colored Bobby pins with my mother this weekend at CVS. The 11 year old adds it was an array of colors that hair usually isn’t. Green, blue, red. Do you have a CVS nearby or shall I go pick some up for you tomorrow when I’m running errands?

30. Celctic women???? I would love to see them in person. Beautiful voices. I adore the Scarlet Lime watches!

31. connibrett63@charter.net says:

My 7 year old daughter constantly asks if she can watch your COLOR videos. You must speak her language!

32. Hey this is a great article. I’m going to email this to my friends. I stumbled on this while googling for some popular lyrics, I’ll be sure to visit regularly. thanks for sharing.

33. love love love the videos!
    i’m still trying to decide if organizing by color is for me, but keep the videos coming. I love to see your scrap space and how it all comes together!

megan

34. Karen C. says:

love the videos Stacy, can’t wait to see what else you have for us! :)

35. Anybody know of any quality newbie training running shoes?For guys.?

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by stacy julian and DaisyTrail, Shruti Goradia. Shruti Goradia said: It's Yellow Day over at @stacyjulian Scrap By Color series http://tinyurl.com/2ayg623 [...]