7.6.10 @5:28

Geoff walked in with this …

our first tomato from the garden all sun-kissed and warm.

AND

I almost simultaneously pulled this from the oven …

my first-ever gooseberry pie with berries harvested yesterday.

Summer bliss.

Comments

1. Oh, the pie looks yummy! Congrats. The tomato, too!

2. Damiane Lucas says:

Wow, Stacy, aren’t God’s gifts good? Pure heavenly bliss. Thanks for the delicious photos!

3. Damiane Lucas says:

Stacy, I love your “Blue Layout” featuring photos of your camera and Addie. Please tell me, is that blue watercolor you used throughout? Or is it acrylic paint?

Also, in the future, can you do a blog post on 12×12″ layouts versus 8.5×11″ layouts? Thanks.

• It’s blue acrylic paint — I applied willy-nilly with a pom pom. I’d be happy to blog about sizes sometime. I’ll add that to my list!

4. Oh, I can’t wait for our tomatoes to be ready. Your pie looks delicious too!
    Happy Summer Weekend!

5. oh reading your comment – summer bliss – i just had to tell you that we recently named our new baby girl Maisy Bliss ( and she is, shes a wee angel ) great word !

6. Jeannette says:

That tomato looks tomato-ally yummy!!!

7. Pie and Tomatoes! 2 of my favorite things about summer!

8. Candace B. says:

Gooseberries! I had those up in Alaska but I have not seen them in Seattle. How fun! And Spokane had enough sun for a tomato! I’m jealous! Keep up the good work!

9. This is awesome. I’m still awaiting our first tomato – should be soon. Nothing like fresh garden tomatoes, and this from someone who doesn’t even really like tomatoes.

Now gooseberry pie on the other hand. I could go for some of that. But where do you get gooseberries?

10. Christine H says:

Yummy….went to the farmer’s market this morning…..my fridge is now full will beautiful summer berries….blueberries, raspberries, blackberries……love it!

11. Angie F says:

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting the blue color video!! I LOVE THEM!! :) I have started separating my goodies by color and I am having too much fun! I am now really excited to use (and be able to find) my fun things!! :)

12. PIE!!!!

There is a saying in our house: “there’s always room for pie!!!”

Enjoy the blessings from the garden!

13. Karen Schmidt says:

Hi Stacy, I’ve never had gooseberry pie but it looks really good. I was out all weekend looking for the storage totes you use for your color bins. I can’t find the natural color ones likes yours. can you tell me where you bought them or what the name is so i can do a search on them? Also what size are the bins?

I’ve looked at stapes, walmart, michael’s, bed bath & beyond. I looked at Target online.