so, there’s something up.

I wanted to let you know that there is a reason I’m not blogging much right now.

It probably won’t be a huge surprise to anyone that I’m experiencing some health-related challenges.
While I’m not ready to reveal the details (primarily because I don’t have the details)
I am seeing doctors and getting help.

I am also listening (over and over again) to one of my favorite talks from General Conference, titled Continue in Patience.

image source.

I am patiently waiting and learning and trying to endure this well.

This is the quote that stood out for me this morning:

Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness.

Please don’t worry needlessly. I am fundamentally OK. I am not dying — I am just not healthy right now.
I’ll be back with details as I get them.

Thanks for your patience.

Comments

1. Praying that your doctor’s have wisdom and that you have the strength and endurance needed day by day.

2. praying for you Stace. hugs to you and your family. take care of you. :)

3. Oh, this is sad to hear. I hope you will feel better soon and that your ailment is easily treatable.

4. Take care.. will be thinking of you and your family…

{{hugs}}

5. Praying for health-all sorts-information and peace of mind. Many hugs! :)

6. Stacey, I will be praying for you and for your family to get through this little rough patch! I will also pray for your healing!

7. Ah, I hope you are doing OK. Sending prayers your way! :)

8. Keeping you in my prayers!!

9. Take care of you! It is o.k. to take a break, it is o.k. to be self focused, it is o.k. to do what you need to do. Speaking from personal experience, 2 year breast cancer survivor, when you are the one that is used to going full force forward, slowing down to do what needs to be done, it is tough, but oh so what is needed, and it is OK for this season. You will be missed here, but totally understand you do what you have to do, we will be here waiting when you are healthy. Hugs

10. You are definitely in thoughts. Hope all is well.

11. take good care of yourself.

12. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers…and sending good & happy thoughts your way.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day. May the moon softly restore you by night. May the rain wash away your worries. May the breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all of the days of your life.” (~Apache Blessing)

13. Peggy Leland says:

Keeping you in my thoughts. Hang in there!

14. Thinking of you, Stacy, and praying for God’s presence in your heart as you wait on Him.

15. Patience. My LEAST favorite thing to learn. Hang in there, you’ve got a lot of people that look up to you!

16. That is an incredibly powerful quote. Praying for you to get better soon and for patience as you walk through this valley!

17. I wish you all the best.

18. Thinking of you, Stacy. Be well:)

19. Bec_Kilgore says:

Praying you feel much better soon and learn much from the experience. Some times I listen to the lessons better than others.

20. Melanie C says:

Keeping you in my prayers Stacy. Take care of yourself.

21. Stacy, take the time you need and continue to meditate on the quote you referenced. It is so true that only in looking back do you realize why you went through that particular stage/crisis in your life. Take time for yourself and come back when you can. We understand that everyone needs some down time – even if it is a “forced” downtime. Just rest easy and relax. Deep breaths girly and enjoy time with your family while you are trying to figure stuff out.
    Lots of love and prayer coming your way from down here in Georgia.
    Cyn

22. This is one of my favorites as well. I’ve been going through some emotional and mental trials for the last couple years and this talk has been a source of help for me. I also love that Pres. Uchtdorf says that “patience is…patient persistence” and that “patience required actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results didn’t appear instantly or without effort.” My most favorite on-liner of his from this talk is “Patience means active waiting and enduring.” I’ve got to put that on a sticky note and attach it to my mirror.

Take care of you and your family right now. Don’t worry about us.

prayers ‘n XOX

23. Karen Schmidt says:

I hope its nothing serious but get well soon. We will miss you but take care of yourself, your family and we will be waiting when you return. hugs to you and your family.

24. much much much love and big, huge hugs.

25. Thinking of you, sending virtual hugs, and adding you to my prayer list.

26. thinking of you and hoping that you are feeling better soon.

27. Kathy O' M says:

Joni Mitchell said “you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone.” This is so very true about good health and freedom from worry. When we are under attack, it’s time to circle up the wagons , and feed the campfire. For me this has meant, sticking very close to home, doing the things that make me happy and lots of prayer. Researching your health condition can be empowering. Hopefully all who follow your blog will remember to add you in their prayers!

28. Praying for healing for you Stacy!

29. Sending prayers your way!

30. Damiane Lucas says:

You’re in my prayers, Stacy. Cleave to our good God, and watch him work miracles! We serve a faithful God who will not leave you nor forsake you. Be blessed always.

31. Just take good care of yourself, Stacy! We’ll be here for you whenever you can come back. Wishing you good health!

32. Many years ago we went through the hardest challenge of our lives. During that time I kept saying that God doesn’t give you what we can’t handle and I used that for strength. Now, years later, I still believe that we are exactly where God wants us to be — learning the lessons he has planned for us. The only difference is that I now realize that while he hands us what we can handle, it is HIM who helps us through these times.

Hold tight to your faith. I will be praying for you.

Helen

33. Carol Casavant says:

Stacy, you are in my thoughts and prayers…Blessings to you and your family…

34. You’re in my thoughts and prayers Stacy. Feel better!!

35. You have your faith and all the prayers from us. We’ll be here for you.

36. Oh Stacy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you are able to rest and not worry about the small stuff that needs to be let go for awhile. Your wonderful quote reminds me of one of my favorite analogies: that we are in a raft on a river … through rapids, calm spots, easy places and difficult ones, without knowing what’s around the next curve. But God sees the birds-eye view of our life. Hang in there though these rapids and tough spots, and know there is a bigger plan … and think of what would help you most at this time. I believe will show up in your life :)

37. Sending good thoughts to you. Hugs.

38. Brave, strong girl – if PMA can heal, you’re surely going to be fine – sending you thoughts and prayers. I hope you can feel them :)

39. Praying for you my friend.

40. I hope you have the support you need during these challenges. You inspire so many people. Thanks for being there for us in the past! It’s great that you can rely on inspired messages during your trials.

41. Please do take care of yourself, Stacy. Blogging for us is so not necessary when you have the need to focus on you. We’ll all be here. It will be my privilege to pray for you too. Thinking good thoughts for you and hoping you get all the help and rest needed to get back up on that mountain.
    Blessings,
    Toni

42. ScrappinMichele says:

So sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Not being healthy isn’t any fun. Hope you feel better soon. I will send healthy vibes your way.

43. So sorry to hear this news. Sending lots of prayers and good wishes for you. Hugs!

44. I will add you to my prayer list. Big hugs to you as you wait for results.

45. scrappysue says:

I am so sad to hear your news Stacy, but sending all my very best wishes for your recovery and a great big HUG! Take care.

46. Sending you, lots and lots of love!

47. Lynette C says:

Have lots of rest and take care.

48. Stacy,
    Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

49. Stacy, that quote speaks to my heart today…I am blessed by your inspiration, even in the face of your own struggles!
    You’re in my daily prayers.
    Many blessings…

50. Thinking of you…
    Hope you feel better soon!

51. I came to know you through the paper clipping roundtable discussions and have always enjoyed your energy and enthusiasm for life – hoping you get better soon.

52. Kathy Jo Camacaho says:

Hope that you are feeling better soon. Be well and blessed.

53. Margaret C says:

sending you love xx

54. hope you find the answers you need and get well soon

55. Sending you positive thoughts xoxo.

56. Hang in there Stacy… all the best to you. Hugs :)

57. hope you feeling better soon – saying prayers for good details!

58. Sending Well Wishes your way!

59. praying that answers are soon found! I always feel better about [any] things when I can have a plan in my head to move forward.

Here’s a verse I want to share with you – Isaiah 52: 12 [b] “For the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.” I can say from expereince that LOOKING BACK on some situations in my life – I know — without a doubt — that our God prepares the way for us. How awesome that He cares enough to direct our paths and those around us [to minister to ur needs] Praying you have others around you whom you can share openly with as you deal with this sitaution.

60. Brenda DellaVecchia says:

I always think the waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there.

61. Sending happy thoughts your way, will be thinking of you!

62. Good that you are receiving the help you need. Sending prayers your way.

63. sending prayers your way.

64. Stacy, I will be praying that you feel better. Sometimes I find that the hardest hurdles to overcome are not necessarily the life threatning ones. Take care.

65. Hope you are feeling better soon. I miss my daily “Stacy fix” on your blog.

66. You are in my prayers.

67. Prayers for patience and a complete healing, in Jesus’ name.

68. Sending good thoughts your way.

69. Take care..prayers and good thoughts are winging their way to you…

70. What a lovely quote. My thoughts are with you and I hope you have all the answers you need soon. May God be with you and give you the patience you need at this time.

71. Stacy, hope you are completely well very soon! You seem to have amazing energy for all that you do between the scrapbook world and your family-you’re an inspiration to me. Sending you hugs from AZ and thinking good thoughts for you feeling much better!!

72. My thoiughts and prayers are with you wishing you health today and always

73. Stacy, my prayers are coming to you from northern Alberta, Canada. Take care of yourself, and thank you for being such an inspiration. I love your humor in the videos on organization by color. I am looking forward to seeing your new office/studio. You are one lucky girl.

74. I hope you are feeling better very soon. Thanks for being you :)

75. Sending prayers and warm wishes your way! Take time for yourself, we’ll all be here waiting for you when you are better :)

76. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

77. Stacy, you will be in my prayers. What a great example you are of dealing with life’s trials with faith and grace

78. Please concentrate on yourself. We will survive a short while without you. Prayers and positive thoughts are headed your way. You inspire us all.

79. It is my prayer that you will be well soon. Mind, body and soul takes time to heal. Please do not rush the healing process. We will be here when all is well.

80. Sending prayers and good energies your way! Take care of yourself. Hugs!

81. You are a positive source of inspiration to so many. I pray that the light you give out is the light you get back and you will return to wellness.

82. Sorry to hear that you still aren’t feeling well Stacy. Hope you find the answers you need soon.

83. Stacy, I just want you to know how much you are being thought of now. Praying for your return to good health soon.

You have always been such a source of inspiration to us! Thanks for always sharing and caring. Please know that we truly care about you!!

Hugs,

Renee J.

84. Oh, Stacy. I’m so sorry things are difficult right now! I hope your doctors are able to find some answers for you soon! I love the quote you shared, btw. I have often thought and written about how our spiritual journeys take us through a metaphorical landscape. Sometimes it is just TOUGH getting through the uphill spots. HANG IN THERE! You are amazing!

85. Stacy, I am so sorry to hear you are having health issues. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery to wellness.

86. Cindy McDannol says:

I am sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling up to par. However, I believe that lessons come in many ways. The Universe reveals answers to our questions on a multitude of levels. Sometimes we fail to see and are then “aided” by an additional lesson that says…since you didn’t hear me the first time!
    I look upon these somewhat difficult times as great learning experiences. They give us the lows only to increase the wonder of the highs. It is a gift.
    I can only imagine the awesome thought process that your great soul is going through. I am confident that whatever the outcome, the knowledge you will gather during this period will be a positive source for the days to come. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

87. Stacy – We’ve never met but I spend time reading your blog and enjoying your wisdom, humor, energy and creativity. Take care of yourself and know that you are in many people’s thoughts and prayers…mine included!! Feel better!!

88. Sending prayers and hugs. You are so often our happy thought. Here’s hoping we can be some for you!

89. I hope you are feeling more like your usual self soon! Prayers and blessings to you.

90. Hope you feel better soon. I understand as I have had some problems since October. There is a talk from April 1997, by Russell M Nelson, that I really love and think about when I find myself “kneedeep in mud, with winter coming on to soon”. Check it out!

91. You are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope all is ok and you are well soon!

Helping you store what matters most!