Coming UP: The Ultimate Scrapbooking Cruise!

Today is a good day.
I am in the midst of an absolutely CRAZY week–even for me!
BPC (as usual) has a ton of great things coming down the pipe–we’ll  be celebrating our FIFTH birthday in a matter of weeks and we are getting ready to celebrate!

I Scrap with Stacy

In the meantime, I’m putting the finished touches on the album class that I’ll be teaching on The Ultimate Scrapbook Cruise in just a few weeks. It’s a process that I’m calling “I Scrap” and it allows you to look back on a specific time frame and use a very select group of photos to illustrate personal awareness and growth (trust me, it’s cool!) Anyway … students in my class have received the email outlining how they should prepare. I know this because I’ve received questions via email. I love to imagine women coming from different places and perspectives working with the same list of instructions, preparing to have a group experience with a very personal project. In other words, I’m excited to teach this class and experience the different interpretations that result!!

I thought today might be a good day to give a shout out to my class sponsors. For someone like me that is NOT associated with a specific manufacturer or product line I cannot teach without LOTS of help. As usual, these companies have been MORE than GENEROUS and I am so very appreciative of their support!

Here they are … if you click on each logo, you’ll visit their websites!

For those blog readers who are going on the cruise and taking my class. Here are a few more details that will perhaps help you better prepare …

The I-Scrap process begins by reflecting on 2010 and NINE fill-in-the-blank questions like “I was __________” “I am __________” “I know _________” (My students received these questions in their instructions from me) After thinking about possible responses to these questions, you sit and scroll through your digital images and find photos that could be used to illustrate possible answers. Ultimately you need to select NINE photos. While these photos should illustrate personal reflections, they DO NOT need to be photos of just you. They can be a wide range of photos–hopefully you will appear in a handful of them, but they can be photos of anything really as long as there is a visual connection for YOU.

Once you have selected the NINE photos, you spend time with each one and select one sheet of 12×12 solid cardstock for each one. Even though our finished album in 8×8, select and bring 12×12 papers! And don’t worry about these colors coordinating with each other — this happens later as part of the creative process and it all works out!

When each photo is paired with a sheet of cardstock, you take both and group them with a sheet of pattern paper and FIVE embellishments. Here again, specifics were in the instructions from me. BUT AGAIN … don’t worry about the overall flow of the album as a whole, rather focus on each individual picture and group of products.

Put each of these groups (photo-cardstock-pattern paper-embellishments) together in a large zipper bag or envelope and bring them with you! AND, don’t forget to upload a photo of YOU to Scrapbook Pictures, as they are printing and shipping these photos to me to give back to you (so FUN!)

I’m counting down the days.
My husband even bought me this CUTE swimsuit!

If you still have questions, email me stacy@stacyjulian.com and I’ll help YOU.
It’s SUPER IMPORTANT that you know that you will NOT be able to take my class unless you’ve prepared your photos and materials.

Cheers!

Comments

1. Sounds like an amazing class & journey! Hope you’ll offer it to us non-cruisers someday soon!

2. If I were a cruising type I would SO be there with you! :)

3. Karen Schmidt says:

If I only have time to cruise with you! My husband and I went on a cruise in April of this year and it was so much fun. Love the bathing suit enjoy yourself and I wish i was cruising with you.

4. I keep hearing about these scrap vacations & cruises and seeing this post makes me want to book one even more! Have fun on your cruise!!

5. This sounds like it will be so much fun for your cruise-goers! I love that photo of the turquoise and orange products together… I love that color combo!

6. This post makes me so excited! My husband and I will land in Florida in next Friday and I can’t wait to hop on the cruise. I need to sit down tonight and pick my photos so that I can start choosing my supplies. It’s also fun to log into scrapbookpictures.com to see the faces of our fellow cruisers. Can’t wait to take your class – see you next week!

7. Oh, I so wish I were going. It would be great to meet you in person, and going on a cruise would be awesome too :-)

8. I’ve looked at this a 1/2 dozen times wishing for the leave and $ to join you but alas. The class sounds amazing and I can’t wait to hear more. Cute suit! Hope you guys have a blast. I loved the one cruise I’ve been on!

9. Have a great time! I’m jealous! :( Come back with lots of fun ideas!

10. Wow, first I am impressed with the swimsuit your husband picked out! Second, I wish I could be on that cruise! Third, I love American Craft albums. I have done my last two projects using American Craft albums and bought 2 more 6X6′s to do mini albums. Just love them. Have fun on your cruise!!! RElax and ENjoy!

11. Class sounds fantastic. I loved Finish line and this sounds more- get to the feelings.
    Bathing suit is very cute, lucky you!

12. wow, I don’t know anything about this class, but it sounds great from the summary directions above!!

plus, I LOVE your swimsuit. I’ve been looking for something like that, would you tell us where you (or your lovely husband) got it?

Have a WONDERFUL time on your cruise! sounds fantastic!

13. Thank you so much for this post. I’ve been looking for an 8 X 8 D-ring album and you just told me where to get one! Yeah! Now I can start my project but what color to get……

14. Peggy Leland says:

Hope you can offer the class down the road for those who didn’t go on the cruise.

Cute suit!

15. The “I Scrap” class looks totally cool! I still talk fondly of your class that I took about 2 years ago at Seattle CKC… it was doing an 6×6 album in a couple of hours and I still use those techniques when I scrapbook. I did a Disney themed album for that class, and I am so proud that it is DONE, and it was done in about 3 hours. Totally awesome concept! Love the swimsuit too :)

16. Stacy, this looks like so much fun!! Cruising and scrapping at the same time… what could be better?!

I can’t wait to see what comes of this class. It sounds like a take-off from the albums we did with you at ScrapBowl back in 2008… Finish Line Scrapbooking (I’ve made several more of these since that time:)

Enjoy your teaching and I hope you get some R & R as well!

17. Jennifer C. says:

so wishing I could be there to take your class – hoping you’ll share more of this album concept. It sounds like something I need to do – I started the year contemplating a major life-changing surgery and am now days away from welcoming a 4th child to our family after a number of complications… It’s been a rough road!

18. The class sounds SO great! I enjoyed the 2 I took from you @ CKC Buffalo 3 years ago ( have a great pic of you holding my 4 month old granddaughter) & still can’t believe we scrapped 40 pics in such a short time! One of my goals is to go on that cruise with you some year. so keep it up please!

19. In my household of: teething baby (two teeth in a week and a half!), a cranky toddler who has given up naps but still needs them, and organization that has been destroyed while we paint two (two!) bedrooms, I say this…please take me with you!!!! I’m small, I’ll fit in your suitcase! =) That class sounds amazing, I am very jealous, I love the idea of starting with the “story” and then finding the photos to go along with it, and think you rule! Have so much fun for me! I’ll be here, trying to find my socks! ;)

20. This cruise sounds like so much fun-it is a goal of mine to go on one with ya’ll sometime!
    Love your swimsuit, hubby has great taste–does he give lessons? LOL
    Your class looks like it will be terrific, but then yours always are! I LOVED the 2 I took from you @ CKC Buffalo-still have a cute pic of you with my 4 month old grand daughter.
    Have a fun time & relax too!

21. Kimberly Ann says:

Sounds like tons of fun – wish I was going!

22. Holy cow! That swimsuit is adorable! I sooooooooo wish I was coming with you. I hope you have a great time!

23. Barb in AK says:

Oh, how I’d love to go on a scrapbook cruise with you some day….That will be one of my “before I die” goals :-D
    I can’t even imagine wearing a swimsuit this time of year. We are battening down the hatches for colder temps and snow! ;-)
    Stacy, I hope you will tell us more about the project and future cruises as the days roll by!
    Have fun packing and bon voyage!!!

24. Tracy Dayett says:

Goodness…I found myself mentally gathering these items up as I was reading your blog and then just realized WAIT A MINUTE you are not going anywhere…hmmm I sure do hope you have fun and that suit is adorable!

25. Wow, coming up on 5 years – that’s awesome!
    Cute suit. Have a wonderfully relaxing, renewing cruise!

26. Chris Cross says:

Wish I was going on your cruise!!! I need some time away. Love your suit by the way!

27. What an interesting way to reflect on life! Looks like you’re slowing down, Stacy, and focusing on what is important. Love your husband’s shirt! Have a joyous time!

28. This sounds like an amazing class and I would love to be taking it…but alas it’s not in the future for now…. I was tickled with the pic of the albums, as these are the one’s I chose for my LOM. I used my gypsy to weld words together to slip in the frame. All about us, etc. Cute swimsuit too!!!

29. Angi in CO says:

Thanks for sharing bits of the album. It’s a great time for reflection, isn’t it? Have fun!

30. This album looks amazing. I always love to see what you will come up with next. You have such a unique outlook on life which is reflected in albums that are always beautiful, creative and meaningful.

31. Christine H says:

Thanks for the info about your class for those of us not on board. It sounds like another cool Stacey idea. You have lots of those, you know.

32. I will be dreaming of your cruise! Sun, relaxation and scrapbooking = my idea of a dream vacation. Have a magical time!

33. Susanne N. says:

how wonderful! looks like it will be fun–and that swim suit is adorable!!!

34. Sounds like tons of fun! Enjoy the cruise. I LOVE cruises!

35. What an awesome class. I took a class with you at CHA winter 2009 and it was seriously one of the best classes ever.

Next year I want to do one of the scrapping cruises … I can’t wait.

36. Lucky you… my husband bought me a polo shirt once, which was a nice surprise. A swim suit would be a MUCH NICER surprise though because he actually had to know what size you wear. :) Enjoy your cruise! Can’t wait to hear about it/see pics.

37. :( wish i was going

38. It always makes my day to read your blog posts even if I can’t go with you. I can’t believe your husband picked out that cute suit for you. You are very lucky.

Mel

39. Sounds like a dream… I wish I was tagging along with you all!! :) Enjoy! Can’t wait to see pics of your cruise! And wow… your hubby is a keeper – so nice of him to buy you a new swimsuit!

40. Stacy, This class sounds amazing! As I read your blog post, I was thinking about how I would answer your questions and what photos I would choose. Is there any way this class would be offered at BPC? Pretty please with a cherry on top :) Sigh…

You have such great, inspiring ideas; the Lord has surely blessed you not only with the gift of creativity, but also with helping people capture real life in a special way.

41. Ally White says:

I’m one of your cruisers and i’m so excited!!!! Thank you sponsers!!!! I can’t wait for the class…and the sun (from Seattle here), and no telephones ringing all day :) And i only have one more week to not gain a pound so i’ll fit in my swinsuit. Off to run on the treadmill :) See ya next weekend!

42. Hey Stacy! Have a really fabulous time on your cruise. I hope the vacation part with your husband is a special time for you both.

Your class sounds amazing. I hope that you will turn it into a BPC class for those of us not lucky enought to be cruising with you.

Bon Voyage!

Melody

43. Michelle P. says:

Please, please, please offer this as a class on your website! I need this class, but there is no way I could afford a cruise. I am going through an incredibly difficult time right now (some medical problems) and I would like to record the process of getting well again, but could really use some guidance. You are such an inspiration to many of us.
    Have a great cruise!

44. BARB TOPPING says:

I am catching up on what I missed this week so I am a few days behind, but love that it does not matter. This is an absolutely awesome idea for a class and hope that you are able to offer something similar at BPC. Another year of living through pain and joy, and what did I learn from it? Has it changed me for the better? This has given me a lot to think about. Thank you!