pretty. pretty. leaves.

I drive by this little tree every single day.
I’ve been amazed at the vibrancy of these leaves and I finally stopped and took some photos as they will be long gone by the time I come home.

perhaps you could force some permanence on something temporary today by taking a photograph.
have a wonderful day.

Comments

1. gorgeous & vibrant! it’s 80 degrees in LA and it does not feel at all like fall.

2. They are beautiful! We still have green everywhere here but I’ll have to take a picture of my daughter to keep her 16 forever on her birthday.

3. Beautiful! We don’t get those vibrant colors here, so thank you for sharing! When my daughter gets home from school today, I need to remember to take a picture of her hand. She broke her pinkie on Sunday. I haven’t taken the time for much memory keeping lately and hence have gotten out of the habit of taking photos. Thanks for the reminder!

4. My parents have a big full tree with beautifully colored leaves right now. In the Autumn especially, I always think to myself that I want to take a picture of that tree in each season, but I haven’t done it yet. if only I capture it in this one season, I should. I will do that today! Thanks, Stacy!

5. Those leaves are beautiful. Here the leaves stay green- then one day they all drop off. You will be more than welcome to come and help rake leaves!

6. Beautiful photos, and what a thought-provoking message today! We can think of our scrapbook layouts in this same one: permanence to something fleetingly temporary.

7. What a beautiful picture! I took the Picture Fall class and have photos made from my back steps of my beautiful tree from the 1st of October (barely turning) to the end (with only a few leaves left). I enjoyed the class so much, it opened my eyes to the everyday, small wonders all around. Glad you caught this photo and memory.

8. Stacy,
    These photos are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing them…I moved from Eastern WA to the Southwest several years (okay, decades!) ago and so miss the beautiful fall colors. Thanks for a snapshot of home!

9. Beautiful! I wish it were fall here! I want to bake my pumpkin and its 90 degrees here and I am sweating in a tank and shorts! Enjoy it for me!

10. That is definately a vibrant red. Love your photos. The trees in the midwest are almost bare so we’ve seen our peak of color this autumn and with ‘naked’ trees we’re heading towards the dreaded winter. sigh

11. Jennifer W says:

Your pictures made me smile – my favorite color tree in the fall is red and they seem to be just sporadic here among all the oranges and yellows, so I love when I find one!

12. Brenda DellaVecchia says:

What rich colors. This makes me think of what I feel is the best part of scrapbooking…the noticing. I think the next time someone asks me if I’m a scrapbooker my reply might be, “No, I’m a noticer”.

13. Beautiful colors and photos. I have a gorgeous “burning bush” outside my home office window that I should take some pics of. This is one of the things that I do love about fall, all the beautiful vibrant color. TFS

14. Peggy Leland says:

in New York very few trees have any leaves left, it’s been in the 20′s each night for a couple of days. I took some pictures of my favorite trees this fall.

15. Stacy, love your photo. I often do the same thing and take photos of nature (trees, leaves, stumps) because its simple beauty is so striking — I somehow want to capture it. I especially love trees and can’t get enough of Botanical Gardens.

16. Tracy Dayett says:

Your photo is perfect…I know as I was leaving the hotel for the hospital this past week I noticed the beautiful red leaves all around the grounds and thought oh I wish I had a camera right now…just not what I thought to pack before heading in. Good thing you captured the moment.

17. wow- i love it. wish we had colors like that here. thanks for the reminder to take photos of changing things.

18. Light blue and brilliant red–together–are MY happy colors! You just made my day! :)

19. Thanks for reminding me to take fall pictures. You would think I would remember but somehow in the the craziness I can forget. And fall is my favorite time of the year.
    Thank you.

20. Barb in AK says:

I just finished BPC “Picture Fall” and your photos so remind me of the wonderful shots I got to view in its gallery every single day of October! Lovely :-)

21. These are beautiful Stacy. Our beautiful fall colors disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

22. Those are beautiful! I miss seeing changes leaves since we moved to Texas. Here it’s still 80 degrees alot of days and hardly any color.

23. Beautiful… don’t ya just love Autumn!! Great vibrant leaves… gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

24. I wish that tree was in my front yard

25. Bernadette says:

Such beautiful color! That third photo is amazing. I do not think that I can find any leaves that color around me but I will be searching for that today.

26. ana smith says:

The trees changing colors is one of the best things about Fall. Take a tour of the New England states in fall is on my bucket list, especially since I don’t see much of this here in Southern California.

27. Beautiful! We don’t get much fall color around here.

28. A simple Thanksgiving table decoration would be to put one of those leaves at the plate of everyone at the table. It would be stunning with white plates. If I could (I liave at the beach, so it isn’t an option, that is what I would do. Thanks for sharing the photo. for those of us who don’t get the magical treat of fall colors, it was a delight.

29. Oh, how beautiful and simple. I carried my camera with me every day last month so that I would be able to capture the changing season as it unfolded. Autumn is the most breathtaking season of the year! I got some spectacular shots, especially of a local waterfalls with a spectacular view. Right now I’m in the process of making a photo book on Shutterfly out of my pix. It’s really making me happy! Can’t wait for the finished book to arrive!!!

30. That is a beautiful picture. I love when the burning bushes in our area start to turn that same color.

31. Beautiful photos Stacy!! I had to stop and use my camera phone yesterday and posted a picture of a tree in all it’s glorious color on FB. Yesterday was a gorgeous day for photography and I needed to capture it even if it was with my camera phone. Thanks for reminded us to capture what soon will be gone.

32. Beautiful pictures Stacy! I liked this post because it reminds me to stop & appreciate the little things that are beautiful around us. I can’t help but think of that saying “Take time to stop & smell the roses” but I’d modify this saying a bit and say “Take time to stop & smell the roses & snap a picture too!!”

33. Love those photos Stacy!!! I’ve been taking pictures of our backyard tress (and lake) every few days to document the changes taking place. It is our first year in this house and I want to make sure I capture each season, the changes they bring and how we enjoy those changes. The changing of the seasons is one of the many reasons I LOVE living in Canada. Hmmmm…. I think I’ll take a few more pics tonight! :-)

34. I live in the midwest and love watching the four seasons come and go. The beauty of fall with all it’s color amazes me. Sadness touches my heart when I think of people who don’t get to experience it. Love the beauty you captured!!!

35. I don’t blame you for taking a picture. I do that my self all the time.

36. Love your picture. Reminds me of how we can’t go anywhere without my husband stopping to take pictures of the fall colors. They are so beautiful this year.

Also i wanted to thank you for writing your blog. i really noticed when you scaled back because i had come to count on your outlook on life. Each week i would come to see what new and different adventure you might take me on. So thank you!

37. Oh, how I love the red leaves! We mostly get the yellows and oranges here – a few reds pop up every now and then. I just love fall and took far too many pictures of the leaves in my backyard (mostly scattered on the ground) and I’m hoping to enlarge some to put on my wall. And, Stacy, I still have leaves in my yard if your interested in raking!!

38. What a gorgeous colour of red. We won’t get red here in this part of Alberta. Our leaves have long since fallen but I did take pictures when they were turning. LOVE FALL!

39. What gorgeous photos! I currently live in Hawaii which is beautiful, but I so miss the look of Fall when all the leaves turn beautiful reds, orange, and yellow.

Thanks for sharing!

40. What great photos. They reminded me of a family tradition we started a few years ago of taking a family photo in front of a tree in our yard when it is at it’s peak color. It’s been great going back and looking at how the color is different each year, how we’ve grown and even how much the tree has grown since we planted it. Thinking about those pictures brought a smile to my face today. Thank you!

41. Lauren S. says:

Gorgeous! The color is brilliant. Every season since we’ve moved into our new house I’ve taken a picture of the curve down the road. There are some gorgeous flowering trees, and evergreens, etc etc. I love it! Have only scrapped the winter so far…better get workin’!

42. What gorgeous leaves! I live in the mountains of Colorado, but traveled down to Moab and Monticello, UT this past weekend and was pleasantly shocked at the fiery yellow of the cottonwoods against the red red rocks. It was so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

43. karen Hobbs says:

I am constantly struck by the amazing colors of nature, that red against the blue…what could be more beautiful! I take way too many photos of things like this but they never fail to delight me!