really. really. sad.

This adorable little boy is Andrew.
He is grandson of my dear friend Kathy.
He passed away peacefully in his sleep on Monday night.

Andrew’s family is blessed with a knowledge of Jesus Christ, the comforting peace of the Holy Ghost and a faith that families will be together and intact in the eternities; but it sucks to lose someone you love and especially a precious little baby — that is just about as gut wrenching as it can get in this life.

I am making Andrew’s family a little scrapbook tonight.
Everything else can wait.

Comments

1. He’s such a beautiful little boy. My heart goes out to his family.

2. Until Heaven, where there is no more sorrow and death is swallowed up.

3. Whitney P. says:

My thoughts and prayers are with Andrew’s family. I cannot imagine the pain that they must feel to lose such a precious little boy. My heart goes out to them.

4. Melanie K. says:

Oh, Stacy … that is one of my biggest fears is to lose one of mine. He was beautiful and I am so sorry for their loss. I know God will help them through, but it will be such a long journey.

5. I’m so sorry for the lost of this little boy. It brings tears to my eyes and I don’t even know him. I think anyone who has children can only imagine how horrible this must be for that family. They are in my prayers.

6. My mother always said that she thought losing a grandchild would almost be worse than losing your own child. She said you would not only lose a child you loved as your own but you would also grieve for your own “baby” who was experiencing an unimaginable loss.
    My heart goes out to the entire family.

7. What a beautiful babe. MY heart goes out to the family. There’s nothing worse than losing a child……..

8. Damiane Lucas says:

Oh, Stacy, this was a difficult entry to read. I am saddened for Andrew’s family. I have already made a prayer, but many more are ahead. Prayer warriors, let us unite!

Let’s also embrace Jesus’ words just before he resurrected Lazarus:

“…I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believeth thou this?” (John 11:25,26).

Yes, we BELIEVE! We serve a living God who promises to wipe away all our tears. (Revelation 21:4).

I will continue praying for the family, and I trust that little Andrew will celebrate Christmas in heaven with perfect peace, health, and joy!

9. What a precious little boy–my heart goes out to Kathy and her family.

10. Barb in AK says:

What a terrible loss…and during such a joyful Season. Prayers are lifted for the family.

11. Lifting up prayers for Kathy and Andrew’s entire family….

12. Bec_Kilgore says:

My hearts breaks for them but rejoice they are secure in the knowledge of our Lord.

13. Dee Wethered says:

Oh dear, how very sad. The family is in my prayers and bless you for sharing with us. How else would we know to pray? Dee

14. How heartbreaking! Keeping everyone in my thoughts.

15. My heart goes out to this precious family. We lost our baby girl last year and Christmas doesn’t feel the same. I will say a prayer for this family…

16. Bless you for sharing and allowing all of us to lift this family in prayer. May God bless each of them and may they be comforted in his love.

17. What a precious little boy. So sorry to hear the awful news. Prayers to Kathy and her family.

18. Hugs and prayers for the family of this darling child

19. Karen Schmidt says:

Oh this was soooo sad. What a beautiful boy. I will keep them in my prays also.

20. So so sad. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this precious angel. No parent should have to face this, ever, especially of one so young. Praying here, crying here, wishing there was some way to ease the pain. Hugs to all

21. The words already written say what my 2 boys and I are feeling for you, your friend, and Andrew’s loving family. We will pray for all.

22. My heart and prayers go to this family. How thoughtful of you to make a scrapbook.
    My favorite verse is I have many rooms and will prepare one for you. It goes something like that and just knowing that he will be met by relatives.

23. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

24. You’re right, this is really really sad! I too believe that Andrews family is comforted in Christs Love and knowledge. He passed, the way I want to, in my sleep, peacefully. My heart goes out to this family.

25. bea medwecky says:

This family will be in heart and in my prayers. May they feel a tiny comfort in the arms of their friends and family.

26. This is so so sad. My heart is saying “this is just wrong”. My heart and prayers go out to this family.

27. So very, very sorry for your friend’s loss. They will be in my prayers. I know they will treasure your scrapbook gift.

28. Oh gosh. I went to her blog and looked at her pictures of this adorable baby. That is so sad. I am so sorry :-(

29. Marygail Mello says:

Many prayers for this family and for this little boy. Bring tears to my eyes…

30. Many, many prayers for this family. My heart goes out to them. What a beautiful little boy. I cannot imagine a greater sorrow. I am so sorry.

31. This is so SO SAD; absolutely heart-breaking. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child and hope that I never had to experience it.

32. Oh no! I am so sorry for your friend’s loss! :( This was always one of my fears when each of my children were babies. My heart really goes out to his Andrew’s family.

33. There aren’t enough words Stacey. Sending love.

34. These are the kinds of things that scare me, with my own baby being 5 months old. My thoughts are with his family.

35. How awful. :( Very sweet of you to make the scrapbook.

36. We lost our eight month old baby girl suddenly and unexpectedly. A scrapbook put together by the other daycare families was such a nice gift to us in such an awful time, giving us both comforting thoughts and photos we’d never seen before. It was my introduction to scrapbooking. I wish the family peace.

37. what a beautiful little boy. that breaks my heart. You are so kind to create the family a little thoughtful gift.