Hawaii Highlights …

in no particular order!
I am sitting in the San Francisco airport, waiting out a delay in our connecting flight to Spokane. There are too many distractions to attempt working, so I thought I’d attempt posting to my blog. I’m beginning to realize the work that is waiting for me, so this may be the only blog post I get for a few more days.

We woke up to a beautiful ocean view, the sounds of LOTS of birds and the wonderful scent of tropical flowers — this is truly paradise!

Hiking to Akaka Falls.

Our very “uncommon” Common Myna bird.

Happy Taft, who took very well to the ocean, eventually tried snorkeling and saw a giant sea turtle after 3 minutes and played in the sand for hours and hours!

Boogie boarding and getting shots like this one. Way to go Diane and Abbey!

Visiting the Kona Temple with my family.

Amazingly vibrant sunsets.

These two high school friends, who are the reason we have wonderful vacationing companions in the Smith family.

Our little hula dancer, that we purchased in Spokane and placed on the dash of our rentalad van.

Addie, on the black sand beach — gorgeous!

Look closer — can you find the flip flops?

Chase, who can now cross scuba diving off his “someday” list.

Clark, who really is a special blend of wonderful son, big brother and extreme vacationer!

My sweetheart, who’s hard work made this dream vacation a reality. Thank YOU!

Trey, who does it all with absolute ease!

Team Julian — for making this vacation the BEST we’ve ever taken!

Comments

1. Absolutely stunning! A dream vacation. TFS. Blessings as you delve back into home & work.

2. Great pictures! I’m so glad you had a dream vacation in my home state. Shaka to you, too, Chase. (and it’s called slippahs — slippers if you want to be formal — and not flip flops). Please visit again soon.

3. Lisa R - saner4 says:

Love your photos, esp the sunset and the pic of Addie with black sand on her hand. Reminds me of our trip.

May your week be productive, yet peaceful. remember…go slow ;)

4. Time spent with family is such a blessing! Glad to hear you had a great trip. Your photos are gorgeous!

5. A vacation to treasure. Hope it recharged your batteries.

6. So glad you had such an awesome getaway with the fam. Totally deserved and then some. Gorgeous photos, too, thanks for sharing them with us.

And now that I know that the end is in sight finally for Finding Photo Freedom registration, I think I’ll be able to control myself enough to stop wishing for you to come home, lol. So excited to sign up for it! And glad that you will be well-rested for it, that’s important too! :-))) xoxo

7. Shereen says:

What a wonderful event for your family.

8. Thank you for sharing your pictures!

9. Thanks for sharing your pictures! They bring back some wonderful memories of our honeymoon.

10. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. It looks like paradise. Someday…,
    I’m glad you and your family had this chance to vacation together in paradise and get some well-deserved rest.

11. How fun!!!!! Looks absolutely wonderful, beautiful and fabulous! Glad you got a chance to recharge your batteries.

12. What fun photos..especially liked the “black sand hand” and your name spelled out in shells!

13. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a great time.

14. wow looks like an amazing time was had by all – glad you all had a relaxing time. take your time returning to work and your blog and enjoy your post holiday photos and memories . your blog readers will wait :>
    thanks for sharing so much with us , julie

15. Oh, that all looks so wonderful! And warm…love all the photos. Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you were recharged! Have a great week!

16. Well deserved rest. The last picture is an Awesome idea

17. Chanda Seiter says:

Yeah, I have been anxious to hear all went well and you had a great time! Hope to hear more details soon! Love you all!

18. Amazing trip you had with big family..

Lucky pix of son with the bird!

19. ana smith says:

so happy for you, after trials & tribulations of last year. you look well & rested. so so happy for you!

20. carol in seattle :) says:

Stacy, I love the picture of you and Geoff. You look like you’re finally feeling better. Thanks for sharing your lovely family’s vacation!

21. Looks like you created LOVELY family memories! What a wonderful experience for all of you.

22. Love your photos. You are a lucky girl!!! What an awesome memories!

23. What a wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Peace to you as you return home. Try to enjoy the little everyday blessings and go slowly as you try to ‘catch-up’ after vacation.

24. Briana N. says:

Your vacation looks amazing. What an awesome family experience. Your photos are fantastic! :)

25. sarah page says:

so fun!!!!

26. So glad it was the BEST!

Now, just take it 15 minutes at a time….

27. Nicky from Canada says:

Looks like you had an amazing time!!!

28. How beautiful! Glad you had a wonderful time!

29. Welcome home!

30. Wonderful photos, looks like you had a great time.

31. karen schmidt says:

Welcome back and wonderful pics. Thanks for shareing.

32. Looks like a splendid Hawaii trip. Welcome home and thanks for the fabulous photos.

33. Yay!! Welcome back. Looks like you had an amazing time!!! All the kids are getting SOOO big!

But Clark? WOW! He’s looking SO grown up! And I hope you don’t mind me saying this (since I’m 30 and married…. LOL), but man, when he goes on his mission in a few years, I’m sure any girl will open the door when he comes a-knockin’! ;-) I’m sure all the young girls in our ward would be swooning… LOL. :-)

34. I said it o n facebook and I’ll say it again – thanks for taking us along on your family vacation – so much fun! [And you look healthy and well!]

35. oh my! I never had a desire to go to Hawaii but after seeing your post, I want to plan a Hawaiian vacation for us! So glad you and your family had such a wonderful time!

36. Whitney P. says:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! Looks like you had a wonderful time! You deserved it!

37. how neat that you could take the WHOLE family!!! I long for the day to be able to do that. Great pictures. thank you for sharing
    xoxo

38. karen Hobbs says:

Beautiful, adorable photos! What wonderful memories you have made with your family. so glad it went well for all of you. thanks for sharing