Today …

I am in the middle of reorganizing my studio. Right now, it’s a mess.
But, I’m incredibly excited about the adjustments I’m making that will better support my work flow and creative process.

image by Randi Brunt.

My studio will be featured in the September issue of Where Women Create.
Randi Brunt is taking photos on Monday!

I just used these foam stamps (Heidi Swapp?) to label my *new* storage binders (more info coming soon!) I have to say that they are still a FAVORITE. See my lists, written up at the top? On the right is the stuff I’m headed out to find/purchase, on the left — things I need to do.

I’m feeling energized and excited and I’m very grateful for this!

Happy Thursday.

Oh, and guess what else?

We said good-bye to our beloved nanny, Jen (on the left) and welcomed our new nanny, Jen (on the right.) We’ve been affectionately referring to them as Jen 1 and Jen2 and Jen 2 has been shadowing Jen 1 for two days. Today is her first day going it solo –  I don’t know what I would do without these sweet girls that come into my home and help me manage my home and life.

Jen — we wish the very best in this next semester at BYU Idaho.
Jen — welcome! We are so eager to get to know and LOVE you.

Comments

1. Looks like your studio is well used Stacy! Mine is such a mess that I worked at the kitchen table today. Of course that could be because my table in the studio is covered with plastic to protect my projects from falling drywall while my hubby installs lighting in the room!

2. karen schmidt says:

Wow exciting new things going on at your house. I love making a mess of an area your going to clean up and reorganize. Can’t wait to see it.

3. WOW, I have always loved your creative space when you have posted pics of it. Good luck with the reorganization.
    I am actually reorganizing my space right now too, so I feel your pain and excitement.

4. Can’t wait to see and hear about the studio changes. Love that picture of Addie reading the mag. Very cute! As for messy, well let’s just say that would be putting it very mildly if we were talking about my creative area. LOL!

5. I love getting a glimpse of your new studio! I haven’t had a space of my own and have been somewhat of a crafty nomad going from location to location in the house to work on my painting/crafts/scrapping. I finally convinced my husband to share his office space with me and I am in the process of putting the final touches on my new space :-) It makes me happy just walking int the room. It’s not a huge space, but that 10 X 4 ft area is all mine :-)

6. Can’t wait to see the reorganization! Also, still anxiously awaiting registration information for your big class coming up!

7. What an adorable photo of Miss Addie. I can’t wait to see your studio. You have so many great ideas! Also, can’t wait for WWC’s September issue. We won’t have to wait until September to see your space, right?

8. LOVE it! Can’t wait to see more. Oh and thanks for sharing the “Where Women Create” link. I think I am in love! My inner planner is going to love this magazine!

9. Krunberry says:

I hope you get your studio to your liking before the photographer gets there! I’ve been reorganizing too…but it’s been much slower going. Have fun!!

10. Good luck with your studio re-do! I admire how you know yourself and your creative process well enough to tailor your studio to fit it. You’ve been doing this stuff a while, and you’ve come up with great solutions! I can’t wait to see more!

And new storage albums?? That’s exciting! Those old Pioneer ones were functional, but definitely not Stacy-style. ;)

11. I think I need a Jen.

12. Lisa R - saner4 says:

Totally cute photo of Addie. She is so expressive, her whole face lights up.

I look forward to seeing photos of your newly organized room. I love having my color bins; definitely helped me to organize and made scrapping easier. I hope you have more tips for the rest of my scrappy areas :)

13. Aby,

So good to see we aren’t the only ones perpetually looking to tweak our workspaces. I spent 8 weeks getting my room organized this winter, and have been tweaking it here and there as I get ready for Photo Freedom this Summer. Between LOM, BOS, and FYW, I think I’m ready to tackle Photo Freedom this summer and get even more accomplished. (The photos are flying out of my storage binders)

14. Oh, I love re-organizing (or just straightening up) my scrapping stuff because it always inspires me to create. Love that photo of Addie – she is too cute!

15. Oh to live in a place where organization exists! Some days I am just lucky to have my clothes on the right way. :)

16. Tracy Dayett says:

oh my… I can only imagine how awesome your room will be…love how you infuse so much color and inspiration and with it being organized…DREAM…enjoy the process and the new Jen!

17. Stacy, I am really looking forward to seeing your new studio! I always feel more creative after a bit of reorganization, and I’ve taken a lot of my organization style from you. I’m looking forward to seeing more. And I remember you saying once, I think on PRT, that you weren’t a great photographer. That photo of Addie says otherwise – love that shot. :-)

18. Okay, but the real question is this…have you converted your dear, darling, young nannies over to the bright side of scrapbooking? How awesome would it be to have documented stories of our {younger} college years!

19. Rhonda H says:

Wow! Keep us posted about your studio. We are planning a remodel which will include converting our existing garage to a playroom…partly for me, partly for them. And I need all the studio/storage ideas I can get right now.

WAAAAAIIIIITTTTIIIIINNNNGGGG for more info on “Finding Photo Freedom”!!! (Patiently?)

RH

20. MichelleD says:

Organizing… fun, fun, fun!! I can’t wait to see pics of your newly “organized” workspace!! Best of luck to you for a successful day!! :)

21. Can’t wait to see your studio Stacy. I’m always so inspired and amazed by your organization.

22. Good luck with the organizing! That is a constant process for me. Spent the morning purging files, and there’s more to do! Happy Friday!

23. Hoping we’ll be able to enjoy a SNEAK PEEK of your studio before they publish the story/photos in that magazine. Have been ATTEMPTING to organize our home office/guestroom, but our toddler keeps proving that it might be best to put all of Mom’s special toys away for a few years since he’s getting into EVERYTHING! With a new baby – coming soon – I doubt I will have tons of time to be creative anytime soon. Also, have to face the reality that the new baby MIGHT have to take over this room (if they are unable to co-exist in a shared nursery.) SIGH.

24. I can’t wait to see you new studio!

25. karen Hobbs says:

Already love your studio! Can’t wait to gather any tips or ideas from you when we see the new look!

26. bea medwecky says:

Stacy, I will absolutely buy that magazine. I always look at it, but never purchase it. Can’t wait to see your room.

The 2 Jen’s look like lovely girls. How lucky you are to have found them.

27. Congrats to being featured in the magazine! I cannot wait to see it!

28. sarah page says:

Your Addie is just too darling! And what cute Jens you have in your life. Good luck to all!!!

29. I can’t wait to see the changes to your studio. I will be making changes to my studio as well. It will soon become a little boy’s room. No, I am not expecting. My son has been happily sharing a room wiht his 4 year old sister, but the time has come for him to be on his own. I feel like I just moved into that room. But I am ready for the challenge to find another space in this tiny house for me to create. Wish me luck!

30. Gail Alcorn says:

Can hardly wait for this! I’m going to subscribe and maybe just buy the current issue since we’re past the deadline to have it included in the subscription. We hope to retire next year and move and I want to do my studio from scratch. Right now it’s just a mish-mosh of things I already had.