Happy Mother’s Day

This is the page I promised I would make for National Scrapbook Day.
I don’t love it, but I do love that with EVERYTHING else going on yesterday I made it. I finished it at 11:51 last night!

Naturally, I LOVE the subject.
My mother is in Utah visiting my siblings families and I’ll be calling her soon. She is such a strength and example in my life, and even more so as I age which she has done with complete beauty and grace.

Hope you’re enjoying your mother and/or the chance to be a mother today!

Comments

1. Stacy – I don’t know what you don’t love about it. It’s a beautiful page and a wonderful tribute. Have a Happy Mother’s Day!

2. Damiane Lucas says:

Stacy, this is a BEAUTIFUL layout. Your lovely mother is blessed to have such a daughter that honors her on Mother’s Day and always. I love your work, and I am sure your mom loves this page, too. Her little girl photo is absolutely adorable, and yes, she has aged gracefully like a fine wine.

Stacy, can you share some of your older scrapbook layouts with us on your blog? I’ve been scrapbooking for about a year, and I would love to see some of your past work. It inspires me. I enjoy how you combine colors and how you embellish your layouts. I want to keep learning from you!

I hope you consider my wish! Oh, by the way, Happy Mother’s Day!

3. I agree! What a beautiful page of your mother! Enjoyed your live chat yesterday for NSD at Big Picture Classes. As always your enthusiasm is contagious! Happy Mother’s Day!

4. Just popping in to wish you a Happy Mother’s Day! =)

5. Happy Mother’s Day to you, Stacy! Your mom is one beautiful lady, and I hope she’s had a special day too.

6. I think the page turned out lovely! Happy Mother’s Day to you.

7. Susan M says:

Moms rock! Happy Mother’s Day! :)

8. Happy Mother’s Day! I’m so grateful for my mom. I’m 50 and never got the chance to be a mom but this year my nieces told me I was their other mother and said thanks. That made my day. I love the page you made.

9. bea medwecky says:

Stacy,
    What a lovely tribute to your mom. Is that a current picture of her? She looks fantastic! I hope I look that great when I am her age. You both are very lucky to have each other. Happy mother’s day!

10. Oh gosh, I love your page Stacy! Hope you and your lovely Mum had a great day!

11. Hope you had a great Mother’s Day, Stacy! I love your layout.

12. I think it’s a beautiful page!

13. Sherri S. says:

I think it’s beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

14. Funny how we all see our pages differently than others; I love that layout! I’m inspired to convert a beloved photo to black and white, lighten it, and write on it–that is such a cool effect! And the contemporary photo is so lovely–your mom’s personality shines through; she must have such a big heart! Anyway, loved the page, Stacy. And hope you had a great Mother’s Day!

15. Help!! This comment is completely unrelated to your lovely LO. :)

I am looking for a source for spiral bound photo books and I was certain there was a website you have talked about here before that will do spiral bound books of photos. I can find lots of places that do spiral bound flip books, but they all have “background pages” that you drag and drop photos onto. I’m looking for a place to just print and bind my full-size photos without borders. Can you point me in the right direction? I’ve searched and searched your site and can’t find the post you wrote about this company.

Thanks!!

16. Love the layout! Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day, I know I did.

17. I feel exactly the same way!

18. ana smith says:

my first thought was ‘she looks like her mom’ and ‘i love the page’. But I think it’s just a little fancier than you normally do. Don’t change a thing.

19. Very nice!

20. Theresa Blohowiak says:

Just read your birthday post and watched the video. Your honesty about where you are and who you are at this time in your life is so pure. You will help so many women feel OK about being in the same place in their life’s right now. You truly are a beautiful lady inside and out.
    Thank you for touching my heart today and last but not least Happy Birthday Stacy!

21. sarah page says:

I love how the two pictures you use of your mother, her head is tilted the same way. Its fun to be able to see her features between the two.

Hope your Mother’s Day was fabulous!

22. Lisa R. says:

I received the best Mother’s Day present ever…my mom accepted Jesus! Love that I was able to be there with her for this special awesome moment.