Right Now: Taft

This is Taft.
He was born on May 3rd, 2001

He is TEN, today!

Right now …
Taft is reading The Hunger Games.
Taft is growing his collection of Pokemon cards. His top three cards are Infernape, Flygon, and Venusaur.
Taft attends Greenacres Elementary school and his teacher is Ms. Thompson (Taft thinks Ms. Thompson ROCKS!)
Taft’s best friend is Ethan, who lives across the street (LUCKY!)

Taft is MOST looking forward to his family birthday dinner tonight at Palenque (he’ll be ordering a quesadilla.) Unfortunately, Taft has to take the MSP (Measure of Student’s Progress) test on his birthday. The good news is Taft is SUPER SMART, so this will not be a problem.

Happy Birthday Tafty Boy!

Comments

1. Happy Birthday to your sweet boy. I love that his shirt matches the wall behind him :)

2. {vicki} says:

Happy

BIG 10

Birthday!

3. Happy Birthday to Taft! Double Digits! My daughter turns 10 this month, 10 is a big deal! Hope it’s a great day for your family.

4. SusanC says:

Happy Birthday, Taft! A whole decade!

5. Sigh. Tuesdays with Taft is one of my earliest Simple memories! 10??!?

6. Angie U. says:

Happy Birthday, Taft! You’re a pretty handsome ten year old! Have a great day!

7. Vickie says:

Ten year old boys are the best! Happy Birthday, Taft.

8. Krunberry says:

Happy Birthday, Taft! You mentioned the Hunger Games. I read that a year or so ago. I never thought about letting my 11 year old read it, but I bet he would enjoy it. And he is ready for some new books. Great idea!

9. sarah page says:

I bet he’s a lot of fun! Have a happy day!

10. Vinyl lady says:

I wish Taft lived across the street from us so he could play with my pokemon loving ten year old son.

Thanks Stacy for all you share with your blog readers. I heart you!!!! I know that is chessy but true. I also have been reading Darci’s 5K blog and what a darling she is too. I did a 5K walk, pushing two preschoolers in a stroller, love the motivation you both give out so willingly. The preschoolers are my young pregnant friends, and it was just a joy to be with all them even if I am old and almost a grandma. Can’t wait for that grandbabyson to be born.

11. carol in seattle :) says:

AWWW! Happy birthday to your beautiful boy!

12. Happy, Happy birthday Taft; which also happens to be my brother’s birthday!

13. JenRay says:

Happy Birthday, Taft! I’m sure you rocked the test!

14. Happy Birthday to your sweet Taft. I love that he is going out to eat and ordering a quesadilla! That sounds just like my ten year old.

15. Dee Cummins says:

Happy Birthday, Taft! I have enjoyed seeing your pictures since you were very much smaller. I wanted you to know that I just finished reading The Hunger Games.

16. karen young says:

This is such a sweet post. It made me chuckle. Happy Birthday Taft!! Hope it’s great in spite of that darned test!

17. Wow. I remember when you only had 3 little boys when Simple Scrapbooks (the book) came out, and then you had 4. I feel like I’ve watched Taft grow up over the years through your pages and your blog. I can’t believe he’s 10. Happy Birthday, Taft!

18. Oh, I just finished the third book in The Hunger Games series – I really enjoyed them, all three were page-turners. Happy Birthday to Taft – cute photo!

19. Go Taft, Go Taft, it’s your Birthday – It’s your Birthday.

(brothers with have to provide the Beat Box, maybe Mom will help you sing it)

Hope its a great one.

20. Wow! I have so enjoyed watching your children grow! I can’t believe it’s TEN! :-D

And Happy *Birthing* Day to you, Stacy! You are raising some amazing children of God! :-)

21. Happy Birthday Taft!
    I love this “right now” idea, I really must do some scrapbook layouts with that theme.

22. JoMama says:

Happy bday Taft! My oldest DD will be ten on June 3, so you must be in the same grade. Too bad we can’t get you two together to play sometime. I would love to hang with your mom sometime. Enjoy your quesadilla!

23. Ruth Ann says:

What a handsome young man. Happy Birthday Taft. Enjoy your very special day.

24. bea medwecky says:

Happy Birthday to Taft. Your children are so adorable Stacy. Hope your dinner was delicious.

25. Damiane Lucas says:

Happy Birthday, Tafty! You’re “sooo” cute. Stacy, I have one of your books where you feature layouts of Taft as a little boy. It’s amazing to see how much he’s grown!

Go Taft, go!

26. Happy Birthday, Taft! Rock those tests!!

Just before I clicked over to read your post, I spent about 15 minutes writing down some journalling ideas for each of our 6 grandchildren, using this format. I’m going to do a LO of each one of them on NSD – I’m excited to display these LOs in our home!

27. Peggy Leland says:

Happy Birthday Taft!!!

28. Christine says:

Happy Birthday Taft! Hope your wishes come true.

29. Connie says:

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday sweet Taft,
    Happy Birthday to you!

Enjoy your tenth year of living in this big, beautiful world!!!

30. Alease says:

Happy Birthday Taft!! We share the same birthday. Hope your day was super fun!!

Stacy-I talked with you at Crop Because You Care. My daughter Staci and I were wearing the mismatched socks!

31. Happy Birthday Taft. Hope you have a fabulous day and enjoy your family dinner. You share this special day with my niece Rachel.

32. Roxane F. says:

Happy Birthday Taft! May 3 is my mom’s birthday also, she turned 87-we had great day celebrating! I hope you and your family have a great time also!

33. Happy belated birthday to Taft! Love that he is reading the Hunger Games… I read the first one and am looking forward to the rest. (And I am a lot older than Taft!) ;)

34. Donna C says:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAFT!!! We’ve loved watching you grow up to be such an amazing boy!

35. Happy Birthday Taft!

36. Lisa R - saner4 says:

Happy Birthday Taft! I’m not sure how old Taft was in this LO, but I can’t seem to forget the cute page you made about him when he was handing you a flower and your journaling said, “Am I supposed to tell him not to pick the flowers? I don’t think so!” I just love that page.