180 Days.

I’ve had LOTS and LOTS of requests to revisit the album I created for Clark during his senior year. I sincerely apologize for NOT doing this sooner! I’m actually sitting opposite Clark in the library at BYU right now, where I’m attending Parents Weekend — I get to follow him around for a couple of days. We went to statistics this morning, then found “Uncle Cougar” and went on a beautiful walk around campus. We’ve eaten lunch and now we’re putting in some time in the “hush zone” of the HBLL (campus acronym for library.) I’m not convinced Clark is actually studying, as he is wearing ear phones. He might just be watching snowboarding videos and faking me out! Anyway, I figured I could work on my CKU presentation and post to my blog!

As I sit here with Clark I realize once again how FAST time flies! I really do recommend a project like 180 Days¬† from time to time—regardless of how old your child is. Simply put, there isn’t a better way to capture his or her daily life.

If you have no idea what a 180 Days album is, click HERE and HERE to read earlier blog posts.
I haven’t yet taken all of the photos I want to, to revisit this project with you, but my latest My Craft Channel Episode features this album, so I thought I could at least direct you over there to see it in action!

Click HERE to watch!

I still have a few touches here and there that I want to add before I’ll call this a wrap! I found several bit and pieces of “senior year” when I cleaned out Clark’s room and I also want to figure out something different for the cover.

I do have images of the inside front and back covers of my *almost* completed album. If there is one thing I wish I had done differently it is to start with a nicer, higher-quality album — but in reality this one is just fine too.

Have a great weekend.
Thank you for your comments and excitement around our 4Experts line up and my class. I am really excited and now feeling the pressure of creating great content. I have the vision and ideas — now comes the work!

Comments

1. So excited to see this project Stacy. I watched the video earlier today and posted a link on the LOM Community message board.

2. Just love, love, love this project. I remember hearing you talk about it on PRT and so glad to see it. Loved your show on My Craft Channel this week on this topic and last night at my scrapbook class, recommended to a student that she check it out. I have not made a photo album scrapbook yet, but love the concept — hope to do so soon. Anyway, Clark’s album is fabulous — he is so lucky to have such a creative mom to help him preserve the memories of his high school senior year (and for many other things I am sure!) :)

3. Stacy- I just love this concept. Not sure I could keep it up, though. I have completed two albums for seniors who have graduated based off the class offered through Big Picture by Laurie Stamas- waaaay back when! I have one more to go, next year, and I know she wants an album like her siblings, but I am trying to figure out a way to add a bit of this concept to what I already do.
    Thanks for always being so inspirational!

4. Kimberly K. says:

This is such an awesome, awesome idea. Since my oldest child is still pretty young (7), I was thinking it would be cool to do an album like this for her last year of elementary school, middle school and high school. It would be cool to see how much she changes from each of these milestone years. Thanks for the inspiration.

5. Christine says:

I love this idea and I’m excited to finally see your finished album. I used your concept to create a 180 book for my son’s first year of school. I love that I can look back at all of the great projects they did and I don’t have to have a whole box of them cluttering up my house! :-)

6. I was so excited to see the My Craft Channel video including this album. And now to see some close up photos is so fun! This album inspired me to start an PAS while my husband is deployed overseas as a civilian contractor. I call it “120 Days-Our life while Daddy is away.” It’s sort of like a mini version of project life. Each week I add photos and some journaling (or emails, or facebook posts). It is probably my favorite thing I’m working on right now! Love!! :) http://scrapinspired.com/2011/10/120-days-weeks-9-11/

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Monica

7. I love this album idea. I collected photos and stuff for my son’s Senior year last year but have yet to put it together. Thanks for the push! I know you are enjoying your time with your son, such a memorable time ….that first Parent’s weekend.

8. This is such a good idea – any thoughts on how you could put one together for a child who is already away at university?

9. Teri Buczkowski says:

Just finished watching this weeks episode of my craft channel. I was so super excited about it i had to come post. I love your 180 days book. It came out awesome. I was super excited about the other 2 projects you shared also. I thought the “on on any given Tuesday” was a great way to do a project life or week in life but on a smaller more manageable scale. The black and white family picture album was totally breathtaking. These three albums along with many other you have shared in the past are in my idea file for future use. I do hope i remember to do the 180 days when my 7th grader becomes a senior in fact i’m gonna find a way to remind myself of this in five years. I’m thinking of doing the family album this weekend. I love how you are so real in your show mistakes who cares you don’t edit them you show just how real you are. I also have noticed more blog posts hitting my mail box lately. I am hoping this means you are feeling more like yourself again. I want you to know you brighten my life and have given me freedom in my scrapbooking which has made it more enjoyable and more manageable. Thank you so much Stacy. Love you lots. Teri

10. Really enjoyed watching the video Stacy; I love your photo album scrapbooks!

11. I had forgotten about this project! I am so inspired right now- Thank You!

12. Katie Scott says:

Stacy – can you figure out a way for people to purchase the entire year of 4 experts in one lump sum at the beginning of the year as an alternative to the 8 weeks before each class option? Thanks.

13. BARB TOPPING says:

I love your 180 days album. I am thinking of ways to use this idea for something important but not senior year. My youngest is 33 so I really started scrapping way too late in life. I do have lots of memorabilia but this idea will just not work for me right now. Great for whomever can use it, and yours for Clark is wonderful. I can see all the love that went into it.

14. This is so awesome! I’m so impressed that you did this!

15. LOL! I just asked you how this album went on the LOM chat and then there it was on Thursday on the MCC video and now here. Looks great. Better than the year book you buy from school! Full of him not a bunch of other students you don’t know.

16. Stacy, I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!! The photo album scrapbook idea is such a great one! All 3 of the albums you show are terrific. I so need to scrap more of our everyday life instead of just the biggies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Also, I have to add that you look FABULOUS! So happy for you!

17. Hi, Stacy,

It is always so refreshing to visit your blog. Your inspiration and warmth abounds!

I am glad that you were able to visit Clark; I bet it was lots of fun!

Oh, I love the concept that you described of 180 days and can’t wait to take a peek at all of the goodies. By the way, your album looks cute; I love how you captured those special moments.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Renee

18. Stacy,
    I just had to thank you for the link to the video. I watched it and now I can go finish up a gift album I’ve been putting off finishing because I didn’t know what to do. Thanks to your video, I feel inspired!!
    P.S. Love your bracelets:)

19. My son’s senior year album has become his h.s. album as I keep finding more and more stuff. But I know I will fill one album literally for his senior year. But I tend to make pages out of order..whatever I want to work on. Currently, it is his senior year research project. It was all about economics and the stock market…so I am printing old fashioned ‘ticker tape’ to use as ribbon and 100 dollar ‘bills’ to use for embellies and some ‘old’ stock certificates found on the internet. And lots of up and down arrows. So fun! But the photos are good too…he’s teaching a two month class on the stock market and then exhibiting his research in front of the school at a ‘fair’. Great memories. Naturally he is a sophomore (in economics of course) in college at this point. Ha!

20. Stephanie T says:

Love My Craft Channel! I am putting a follow up to myself for August 2012 to get my materials file together so that I can make my youngest a 180 days album his senior year. Although I have more photos of him than of his three brothers, I haven’t finished as many albums for him. I CAN do this for him! Thank you for the step-by-step, Stacy–it is so helpful.

21. What a terrific idea for an album! Thanks for sharing again.

22. I’m in denial that my son will soon be a Sr., but I love thus idea. On another note…can you tell me about the artwork behind you in the video. I’ve been looking for artwork forever and that would be perfect!

• That is funny Beth, I posted the same request about the artwork on the MCC blog but I haven’t had a reply. Now we both want to know!

23. I love how versatile this 180 idea is. My daughter is on the cusp of being a teenager so I think I will do a 180 days of her first year as one of those exciting beings!!!

24. I loved the video with all the cute albums! Thanks for the great idea about splitting horizontal photos to fit a vertical album. I have several vertical 1-up albums that I hardly ever use b/c most of my photos are horizontal, and I had never even thought about trimming them to fit over two pages. Awesome tip :)

25. This 180 days book is such a great idea. I love the concept and you had given me an idea to create on one of this myself.

26. Love your show my MCC. Your’re inspiration is one of the reasons I’m scrapgbooking today!

27. What a fun album. It will be one of those albums that gets passed around often I’m sure.

28. Loved seeing you on the Craft channel! I truly love all that you do. You are very inspiring to me. I was wondering where you got that circle stamp? It looks perfect for lots of projects!

29. Karen Schmidt says:

The 180 day album turned out great… I tried to do the same album for my two nieces last year but they stopped everything the third week in. I gave them what I had done but it wasn’t much. I was a little bummed. anyway I will try in three years when my first will graduate.

30. LOVE this!! Thank you!

In previous post, you mentioned 50 questions. Do you have a list of those questions?

31. Thanks so much for the video and inspiration!! LOVE it all! :)

32. Stacy LOVE THIS! I would love a copy of the 50 questions for the 180 days album.
    Thanks Kathy

33. Question — where do you get your albums — I think you said this one came from Target??? I like the slide in space between the photos — can’t find this at Michaels or JoAnns — just wondering…

34. Attractive element to issue content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get in easy reality cherished account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your feeds or even I fulfillment you accessibility continuously quickly.