It’s December ONE?

Hello blogland — how are you?

I’m quite well. In fact, as you can see I’m wearing regular socks on both feet. This is good. I have removed the outer surgical stocking and replaced it with one of my own and it’s bringing me a surprising sense of well-being.

Addie interrupted my bath this morning. Note: I’m on day 11 of no showers (ah, the simple joys!) Anyway, I’ve mastered the task of every-other-day bathing without my right foot. I leave it perched just outside the bathtub. Addie is quite often my audience for this awkward ritual and today as I dunked my head to shampoo my hair she said, “Mom you’re really good at plugging your nose.” She’s right! I am really good at plugging my nose. It’s interesting that we grow and develop and master so many things and then sadly lose the sense of wonder and accomplishment as these tasks become second nature!

So, this is your assignment today.

Make a list as you go through the day, of things YOU are really good at. Write down things that if viewed through the eyes of a child would be outstanding and impressive accomplishments. I bet by the end of the day you’ll be feeling really good about yourself. Just think: You can dress yourself, pour your own milk (hey, the carton is heavy!), operate a washing machine and a dryer. I bet you could fold towels in your sleep! You can drive and type and send text messages and tie your shoes and see, the list will go on and on …

December ONE kind of snuck up on me. I mean I just had surgery, so it’s Ok that I’m a little behind. I haven’t yet made my December “List” project that I use to track all of the things I hope to do in the next 24 days, but there are bins with cheery holiday decor stacked all over my house and my husband is off and willing to hang lights on the tree! I’m working feverishly on my BPC workshop, Twelve. and grow more and more excited every day. I sincerely hope you’ll consider taking this “journey to inspired scrapbooking” with me — and yes, I will eventually blog more about it. There are SO MANY great classes available right now, it’s rather exciting — you should probably ask for a BPC gift certificate for your Christmas stocking.

You might be interested to know that I’m doing a 9-day cleanse using Isagenix products. My friend and yoga instructor, Barb talked me into this. I’ve been pretty discouraged about my weight and so I’m going to give this a go before the holiday “graze” sets in. I’ll keep you posted — so far, so good! My goal is truly to cleanse –give my body a break and feel clean. I’m basically getting ready for a strong start with Move More, Eat Well with Miss Cathy!

I used to do a Twelve Days of Christmas thing where I posted FUN gift ideas. Not sure I can pull that off this year, but I can share a couple of items that have caught my attention. I will of course post my Friday FIVES, so you’ll get some good gift-giving help (as long as you’re NOT the kind that is already done!)

I absolutely ADORE the MoMA Design Store catalog and website. It is chock full of colorful, useful and unusual gift ideas. Some are a bit pricey, but many are not. Take for instance the FUN Jumping Point calendar for 2012. This would be a perfect way to track your commitment to either Cathy’s class or mine — or any other effort you’ll be making in 2012. You simply poke out the circle each day and reveal lots of yummy, motivating color!

Since most of my immediate family does NOT read my blog, I think I’m OK posting this Colorku Game board. The marbles may prove a bother, but I’m planning on displaying this as fun-ctional decor on our game table downstairs! I LOVE it.

And trust me, there are MANY, MANY more wonderful ideas for your browsing pleasure. Click HERE.

Comments

1. Amazing that it’s already here, right??? I am SO not ready for December, but it’s here anyway! :) I’m so happy to hear that you are great at plugging your nose – how fun! Hmm… right now I am great at cleaning up after sick little kids! :) That’s a good thing to be good at, right? Thanks for this fun post!!

2. Kimberly K. says:

I love the way kids look at the world. Not a day passes that my children don’t point out something so simple, yet so profound. I’m good at cleaning up. I do it without thinking. I follow my family around the house and pickup, organize and pick up some more.

Also, thanks for the link … it’s a great place to shop for those who are hard to buy for!

Hope you heal quickly!

3. Hope you continue to heal and that you will soon be running around in your LMM socks again! I helped my husband with his Christmas shopping and ordered Twelve last night. =]

Thanks for continuing to share your inspiration, Stacy! May your Christmas be a joyful one!

4. You’ll love the Isagenix – I not only rid my body of toxins (I was trying to reduce the amount of diet soda I was drinking) but I lost 12 pounds in just over 10 days.
    I don’t want you to think it was easy mind you. It was HARD..I’m a snacker and found the late night binges hard to manage. My husband tried it too and he’s lost 25+ pounds in 8 weeks. He has a more physical job where I just sit at my computer desk most of the day.
    I felt great while I was taking it.
    The cleanse days were a bit hard – two days with only the ‘juice’. I found I didn’t eat enough and got a little light headed at one point but I’m sure your ‘coach’ will work through those issues with you.
    I’m taking a little break right now so only doing the Chocolate Shake in the AM, the Accelarator’s twice a day and part of the time the Shake again before bed.
    I could be trying harder but it’s what’s working for me right now and I figure as long as I’m not gaining I’m in a good place.
    Good luck with it and you’ll have to let us know how you are doing iwth it.
    Seeing your comitment here makes me want to try that little bit harder before the holidays too!
    Enjoy,
    ~J

5. LOL Stacy – I am already done with all my shopping (& wrapping), but will be watching your Friday Fives just in case there’s anything I might want! :>)

I’m looking forward to Twleve & to Cathy’s Move More Eat Well. I started Karen’s Reclaiming Your Time today and think it is going to be a wonderful way to get focused for 2012!

So glad you’re enjoying your very own socks today!

6. Hope you get back on your feet, so to speak, soon!!

I am hoping to get the MMEW workshop for Xmas, I adore CZ and think it will be a great one!

7. So glad you are healing well following your surgery! Your picture reminds me of a happy moment at Inspired 2010 when I noticed Stacy Julian was wearing the same shoes as me! Thanks for the inspiration along so many lines!

8. Yay for feeling better! :)

9. Glad to hear from you! I want to let you know I’ve really been enjoying your videos on “My Craft Channel”. Full of fun and inspiration. Thanks for all of your hard work that keeps the rest of us inspired to create!

10. Karen Schmidt says:

Love the new shoe. Reminds me of one I have a year ago after they fixed my broken foot. yuch!.. What Addie said was funny. The cleanse thing looks interesting let me know how it works for you. I could stand to loose 10 to 15 pounds. Glad your up and about.

11. Today I think I’m great at persevering even when I’m hit with a nasty cold! Glad to see you are already up and about after your surgery. Hope you heal quickly! Wishing you and your family a most blessed holiday season.

12. Hi Stacy,

Glad you are up and around. You might already know this but everytime we go to your blog it automatically plays the demonstration of the ipad cover, as well as that song from the Possibilites are Endless video. I keep thinking it will not play sometime when I catch up with you but – nope, now they just play over each other. I assume others have the same issue. Thought someone should tell you, kind of like when you have food in your teeth.

Get Well!

13. Melinda T says:

Glad to hear you’re doing much better…and I’m not ready for December to be here either! Though, I am wishing and hoping to get a BPC gift certificate from “Santa”, I want to take your Twelve class!

14. I’d love to hear how the cleanse goes. I’ve recently lost 60 pounds so I’m about 1/2 way there but I keep thinking that I should do a cleanse in the midst of this.
    Happy healing!

15. But your socks are not Miss Matched! My LMM socks always make me smile (and think of you!) Glad you are feeling better. I am really looking forward to Twelve. I hope I can stick with you. As for the MoMA store, I have had this on my wish list for awhile now: http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/ProductDisplay?purpose=crawl&catalogId=10451&categoryId=11539&productId=66539&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=26690&keyWord=Color+Wheel+Stick+Umbrella&storeId=10001 As a native PNWerner, I never use an umbrella, but I am pretty sure this would help with the Seattle winters!

16. Happy December! So glad you’re healing nicely. Thanks as always for your perspective on life. When viewed through a child’s eyes, most of us ARE pretty amazing! Thanks for the reminder. :)

17. So good to hear you are doing well post surgery. I am so interested in the surgery you had and the symptoms/problems you encountered prior to the operation. I have had some pretty incredible pain in my right foot/big toe. I am so reluctant to seek professional help because I am, quite honestly, scared of surgery. Any info you can provide would be so appreciated and perhaps I can get myself in gear to take of the problem. Thanks so much for sharing your life on your blog.

18. Ooh, fancy boot and what a wonderfully cozy sock! I know the first day I got to wear a real sock I was elated.

On my list of things I “can do” today I got to put “run.” It was fabulous running for the first time after foot surgery, I took it for granted before!

Happy (and quick) recovery!

19. bea medwecky says:

Glad to hear you’re doing better. Love your little assignment. I spent thanksgiving watching my little 8 month old niece trying to get up one step. One step! As much as she tried, she just couldn’t figure out how to get both her legs up that step. For her, walking would be pretty amazing!
    I signed for twelve and am so excited to have it start.

20. Bec Kilgore says:

Looking so forward to Twelve and Cathy’s class. Glad you are on the road to recovery. Foot pain is right next to dental pain as far as I am concerned.

21. I came up with quite a few but it was a challenging excercise! Hope you’re back to your old self soon, I would love the excuse to use the bathtub instead of the shower though! Seems I never have time for a bath and barely have time for showers some days. I hope that Twelve is a great sucess, wish I could take it this year since I got so much out of LOM but unfortunately the price is just a little more than our budget can handle.

22. willimena says:

Oh that MoMA site is too tempting! It makes me happy just looking at all the different ideas. Thanks for the enabling :)

23. Love the journaling prompt of what you are good at – I’m going to have to try that. My dog just brought me a ball – apparently he think’s I’m a good thrower.

I am tempted to try the cleanse especially at this time of year, but I’m not sure I can commit to 9 days, I think maybe I’ll go to my health food store and see if they have something like 3 days, I could probably do that.

Happy that you are wearing socks! Sort of can’t believe they are Mis Matched!

P.S. I know you are busy getting ready for 12 but – just a gentle reminder which you could probably do while you are off your feet-ish – you haven’t posted to the color section of your blog since March! I love that section – please do a post sometime soon – maybe off beat Christmas colors?

24. I so love the little things that kids notice about you as a parent. My daughter says the same kinds of stuff that stops me in my tracks and makes me rethink (and often re-prioritize) things in life. Kids are great reminders, sometimes, of what’s really important right now.
    Thanks for sharing!

25. You need to get a fun Christmas sock on that mending toe. I bet that would even up your sense of wellbeing! Get well soon!

26. It’s the little things that you do that you don’t think about when someone asks you what you’re good at. I’m good at cleaning my stove top, mostly because no one else does it!! I’m also good at napping! Have a great first weekend of December Stacy!

27. I teach my high school-aged fashion students how to turn tubes of fabric with a safety pin and they think it’s magic! I often say “ta-da” when finished! That’s something I’m good at!

28. hmmm….interested to hear your thoughts about the cleanse process/outcome….and Stacy – how do you manage to put so much in one little blog post?

29. My son asked for a Chinese GO board and that seemed a reasonable request. But I also found some leather gloves in honor of his drivers license. I wish I could come up with those things a child would be impressed with…since my teenager does not seem impressed with anything I do. Sigh. Glad that you are healing…would definitely make my day too!

30. BARB TOPPING says:

Your post is just chockfull of wonderful things. I am so happy to hear that you are healing well. Thank you for bringing your happy self our way.

31. KathleenB says:

Hope your foot heals quickly! I am sporting the same shoe for a plantar plate tear. Hoping to get out of it by Christmas! Love all the stuff at the MoMa store….fun!

32. Felicia Young says:

You are so brave to have the foot surgery done! I have to have the same thing done to my foot, but I am too nervous and not sure if I will have the full function of my toes again. I am a runner as well and to me it’s just not looking like I am going to do it. Stacey you are amazing though:)

33. I LOVE the Colorku game. It is a great game to have, for everyone in the family! Just get a little container to keep the marbles in, then the game can sit out on the table for anyone to try at anytime. We love it!

Trackbacks

1. Crazy Me says:

[...] “Make a list as you go through the day, of things YOU are really good at. Write down things that if viewed through the eyes of a child would be outstanding and impressive accomplishments. I bet by the end of the day you’ll be feeling really good about yourself.” Stacy Julian [...]