Friday FIVE for May 4th

ONE.

I know there are many, many books on photography and great online classes and other avenues for improving your photography efforts, but I’d like to highlight a GREAT little book by Katie Evans. I am working my way through all 66 pages (meaning, it’s a wonderfully easy, concise read) and I’m LEARNING. This is just the kind of in and out book I like–full of simple explanations and visual examples.

You can learn more about Katie …

On Facebook
On the book website

On her blog

TWO.

Very little explanation needed here.
I love Vitamin Water and I’m now a fan of Vitamin Schtick lip balm — especially, the Energy flavor.

THREE.

My NEW porch chairs from Pier 1 …

They are synthetic wicker-wanna-be with an iron core and they stack!
LOVE.

See how cute they look on my summer porch?

FOUR.

The Avengers.
There is no way with four boys in my home that we can avoid getting a little caught up in today’s big movie release.

Clark, Chase and friends attended the midnight showing.
I’m pulling Taft out of school for the 11:00am matinee. It was his birthday yesterday and it’s his “date with mom/dad” year, so the Avengers it is.

Don’t worry. I’m all packed for Utah and will totally make my flight!

FIVE.

I hope it’s a known fact that I adore Mr. Rogers (cardigan and all.)
A friend recently sent me a link to a blog post that is evidence his legacy is still felt.

The post references this video of Fred Rogers accepting the recognition of Lifetime Achievement at the Daytime Emmy Awards. I had never seen this. If you choose to watch this 3 minute clip, you’ll be richer for it because you’ll be reminded what great people do when given the mic.

Happy Friday!

Comments

1. Vickie says:

Wow- Mr. Rogers. What a sweet man!

2. Krunberry says:

Ooh, I love it all. Especially that book. I wonder how I can drop the hint to my husband for mothers day?

3. Sherrie M. says:

Wow, i had no idea what Mr. Rogers was going to say or that I would cry as I was watching it. Thanks Stacy!

4. Mamatwoboys says:

Just ordered the book! Seems it is just what I was looking for and I wasn’t even looking! Can’t wait to dive and and improve my skills!

5. Oh, Mr. Rogers made me cry. I’m also a big fan of his. I love the way he spoke about and to children.

6. Mr. Rogers made me cry too. What a rare and extraordinary man. I love him.

7. Delilas says:

Thanks for sharing your favorite things. Thanks for sharing that sweet clip of Mr Rogers. He was truly a sincere man. I lived in Pittsburgh for many years and my kids went to the dentist that he featured in his “Meet the Dentist” book, Dr Gotlieb. Dr G was one of the sweeties Ped dentist around. Mr Rogers has bee the only celebrity that his death made me cry. I still sing “Its such a good feeling” to my kids.

8. Susan R. says:

You put a smile on my face today, Stacy. Thanks!

9. I’m thinking that those wicker wanna be chairs might find a home on my back porch! Thanks for sharing. Love the Avengers pic too!

10. Cathy L. says:

Love the pictures of your boys!

11. thanks for the smiles and that clip of mr rogers. you affect people the same way he did I think. thnks

12. Thank you so much for posting about my book! What a fun surprise to see it here!!

13. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested. Regards!