Sister Love.

Well, here it is. My new blog. It should feel very familiar, but trust me, it has had a thorough scrubbing behind the ears and is now in tip-top shape! I’m learning the ins and outs of managing content with WordPress and I have a ways to go, but I’ll get there.

I’m headed out of town this morning.

I’ll be speaking at the Close To My Heart Album Retreat in Salt Lake City on Friday morning, but before I do that, I’ll be meeting up with team members to film a segment from this CTMH retreat for our upcoming, first-ever BPC Pajama Party (you heard it here first!) Much more on that coming soon.

Anyway, my MOST favorite thing about Utah is the fact that I have family there. Two brothers and my sister, Darci. Brothers are awesome. Wouldn’t trade them for the world, but if you have a sister then you likely know that super-cool feeling of being with someone who gets you 100%. Except for the fact that she is younger, prettier and skinnier (you can confirm this on her blog, HERE) she and I are cut from the same cloth. We like the same stuff and are inspired by the same things. Darci has a stronger fashion sense, which I’m grateful for and I help her with computer-related stuff, so it always seems to be a win-win. We talk often, if not every day and I adore the fact that I can trust her to both listen all the way and tell me the whole truth. She is my best critic and my biggest fan. Now, I should remind you that I have another adorable sister, named Chanda, who, for a few more months, lives in Arizona. It just so happens that I get to go stay with her in April. This is happiness.

Turns out, I’m traveling today, with my dear friend, Allison and as mentioned above, I’ll get to see Wendy Smedley and Angie Lucas, all of which I would adopt as sisters in a heart-beat. So, in the spirit of soul-soothing sister-love, I thought I’d share what I’ve got planned for later today …

Tammy Kerry

This is Tammy, and her sister Kerry.

Tammy emailed me back in January. Here, in part, is what she said …

My older sister, Kerry, and I on several occasions have had a “pity party conversation” about all the things we want to do, but can’t do because everyone else demands our time, talents, attention and energy.  Every time we have these conversations, my sister always says, “We need Stacy.”  You have changed her life in ways that you will never know.  She has sorted pictures according to your helps and taken several of your classes.  In turn, she has shared helps with me and kept me grounded during times of insanity (and believe me I have several insane moments!)  In turn, I want to do something amazing for her.  One of her “bucket list” items is to meet you and have a few minutes to just talk to you.  We live in Northern Utah and I was wondering if you have any projects that would bring you our way this year?  I would love to take her to something you are presenting at or teaching (yes, I do understand your incredibly hectic schedule), but it doesn’t hurt to ask, right?

Because I completely understand sister-love and because I’m also a believer in the “it doesn’t hurt to ask” approach, I get to have lunch with Kerry and her very sweet sister, Tammy!  How FUN is that? SO THAT you don’t feel left out, I thought I could leave you with a wee challenge …

IF you have a sister, call or text her today during lunch.
Tell her that she matters to you and that you love her.

You’ll be glad you did.

StacySig

Comments

1. Love the new look of the blog Stacy! It is inspiring me to spruce up my and make it cleaner.

2. Stacy, you rock! The blog looks great and I love the new picture of you.
    I have 5 sisters and 3 sisters-in-law and even though we talk alot I am totally calling them all today for sure and sending up a hello prayer to the one in heaven. I am going on a trip soon with the one that is closest to me in age and we can’t wait!

3. Diane Alberts says:

Great blog post today! I wrote my sister in hopes to strengthen our sisterly bond that has been a little broken due to her living in Florida and I live in Michigan. Thanks for the prompt to do so today to follow up from a conversation we has 2 days ago. Long distance is sure difficult.

I am off to peruse your updated blog now. Have a great day!!

4. Hi Stacy!
    I love the new look of your blog. I’ve missed your regular blog posts. I know you are incredibly busy, but I just had to tell you I’ve missed your blog posts. When you have time, I’d love to hear how your diet is going, and I’d love to see some of your scrapbook pages every now and then, I am always inspired by your happy colors!

• Audrey, I will be blogging about my journey back to health — I’m still on it, but I’m ready to share!

5. TracyBzz says:

By lunch time I will have talked to my sister a few times, like everyday. She’s a stay at home mom and I’m a work at home mom. And we text. We live less than 10 minutes away from each other. Talk about best friend ever!

6. Mary-Lou says:

I am envious of the close sister relationships everyone seems to have. I often feel like the Bahamas – different island, same name.

7. Hi Stacy,
    I saw you last July at the Close to My Heart Convention and YOU ROCK! Wish I was able to attend the Album Retreat…maybe next time.

It is wonderful that you have a terrific relationship with your sister. I am blessed with some amazing sisters-in-law that I thank God for everyday.

8. I so wish I was going to Utah to hear you speak again this weekend. Your chat at CTMH convention last year was definitely a highlight for my whole team, and I know I wasn’t the only one surreptitiously wiping away the tears. Sisters rock!

9. Sue Smith says:

Love it! Miss your musings, so will be nice to read them again. Hope life is treating you well. I too love keeping in touch with family as much as I can. Lost my brother over 20 years ago, so my cousins have become my go to gals instead, and they are great! There is just something about family that just accepts you for who you are, and still loves you for it! Looking forward to reading your blog! Have fun with it.

10. Christine says:

My mother has three sisters. They go out to dinner every Wed and then to Target. As an only child, I’ve become jealous of their relationship as I’ve gotten older. However, I have a beloved best friend. We have managed to stay closer than many sisters I know for 30 years and 23 years of her Air Force transfers. I’m so grateful for her and am hopeful we will land closer geographically once the kids are grown and the jobs wind down.

• Ooh, I like that. Dinner + Target! I love that you have a sister-friend and I too hope I can land geographically closer to my sisters later in life!

11. You’re coming to Utah!!! So fun is that . One of these day I need to come and meet up with you, you can help me get my rear in gear and come back to the industry. A long story for another time … but hope you have a great time here! Jealous you get to meet up with Wendy and Angie, two women I admire and miss! We keep talking lunch and haven’t arranged it yet…tell them I love their guts!

Oh, and totally get the sister thing. Live blocks away from two of mine and can’t express my love for sisterhood!
    mwah!
    Mandy

• Mandy,
      Just say the word and we’ll have you come teach at BPC! I’m headed back this weekend for RootsTech. Pretty excited about that — are you coming?

12. the new blog look is great!! glad that you are back up and running!!
    wish i had a sister :(
    but i have several great sis-in-laws that have stepped up to fill that position!
    v

13. Glad to have you back and the new look is great!
    Sisters are the absolute best. I am so blessed to have 2 amazing sisters, one older who lives out of the country and one younger who moves frequently because her husband is in the military. We talk almost everyday, she is my sounding board and my grounding voice when I need it most. Thanks for your reminder to let both of them know how much they are appreciated.

14. Barb T (MORMOR8) says:

Truly love the new look and the wonderful blog post. Sisters are the best. All the women I know have a special bond with their sisters. For some it may be just a little tug at their heart while they are still sorting through childhood angst, but there is still no denying that special bond. I love my sister and my cousin who feels like a sister. They will always have a special place in my heart. The best part is we let each other know how special each one is.

15. Love, Love, LOVE your new blog! Clean and Simple, and still beautiful.
    I have 3 older brothers and no sisters. I always wanted one, but thankfully the Lord has blessed me several ladies that are like sisters to me ~ We definitely share Sister Love <3

• Hey Lisa! Thanks for the nice words. My Addie will be like you — hopefully, she’ll find some good sister-friends!

16. Karen Schmidt says:

Love the new look! I have 4 sisters and 1 brother. I talk to one sister daily and the others at least 2 -3 days a week. But none of them scrapbook which I hate. Oh well I’ll just keep doing it because I love it.

17. The new blog look is perfect Stacy – still fun, but clean & free feeling! Love it!

18. YAY! Welcome back! :)
    Twin brother. No sister(s), but my mom is kind of my best friend; talk to her almost daily.

19. The blog looks great! I always enjoy your posts. :)
    I don’t have a sister, but I have an amazing sister-in-law. She just gave birth to my first niece and the first girl in our family on Wednesday (little Miss Scarlett). I am honored that she trusts me for help and advice with her newborn. it’s a wonderful feeling!

20. Bec Kilgore says:

I would have loved to have been at the CTMH album retreat. Just not in my budget but I know everyone there loved seeing you. Love the new blog makeover.

21. Stacy, It was a THRILL to see you speak to us at the Close To My Heart Album Retreat this past weekend. I was introduced to your inspiring methods in Dallas at the 2012 CTMH Convention.

I have 2 biological sisters. One who “got me” but she passed away in September, 1998. The other sister wants nothing to do with our family, which is a pity, but it’s her choice.

I do have a best friend who lives about 15 minutes away from me though and SHE is considered my sister. Even though it’s not a biological connection, it’s a connection and we feel so comfortable around each other and GET each other. For her birthday coming up in April, I treated her to the aforementioned Album Retreat this past weekend. I wanted her there with me to experience it. We had a blast and we both enjoyed your uplifting talk on Friday morning.

Looking forward to the Pajama Party you have planned! Enjoy Arizona in April–that’s where Diana and I are located…gorgeous in the spring time!

• Thank you so much for coming to the Album Retreat and treating your sister-friend. I had a blast! Thanks too for visiting me here, on my blog!

22. Nicky from Okotoks says: